Top dressing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top dressing

I have thought about renewing the top sealant on my 29 business coupe, but given that it is only a single thickness of fabric, I am concerned about the chemical odor permeating the interior of the car and making it unpleasant or even unhealthy. Can anyone advise me what they have used on older sport coupe and business coupe tops, and has odor been a problem?

These seem to be the best two from what I have read.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike V. Florida View Post
      These seem to be the best two from what I have read.
      Thanks Mike.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• carolinamudwalker
        Sport coupe Top
        by carolinamudwalker
        Ok, I probably am not using the search option properly. (whats new) Could not find anything on replacing the top on a sport coup. My question is: Can the outer fabric be replaced without removing the entire top?
        02-08-2019, 12:58 PM
      • frankn
        special coupe top
        by frankn
        1928 49a special coupe has anyone found an easy way to take off metal belt line at bottom of top I think it would snap on but don't want to damage anything
        08-24-2020, 09:32 PM
      • DaWizard
        Who knows about the Sport Coupe?
        by DaWizard
        Now, when I was younger, my first A was a '30 Sport Coupe, but all I really remember about it was it had some vinyl seat cover material for a roof.

Today I was working on an Aug '28 Sport Coupe and noticed something I had not remembered about my first one. It seems that the "Special Coupe" wasn't the only model to have a removable beltline. Can any of you out there in Model
        01-05-2018, 10:36 PM
      • plyfor
        '32 Coupe Top Molding Dimension
        by plyfor
        Can anyone with a '32 coupe (3 or 5 window) provide the inside radius of the top molding at the rear and front corners?
        Thanks in advance.
        01-16-2020, 10:18 AM
      • TOBKOB
        30/31 Sport Coupe top
        by TOBKOB
        OK Guys, what material was originally used for the top on a 30/31 Sport Coupe?

TOB
        04-25-2018, 09:04 PM
      • Rowdy
        29 Special Coupe Roof
        by Rowdy
        Is the roof panel above the door norrower or wider than the panel above the door than that of a tudor? Looking for these panels for my Dads special coupe and a friend called me and the right side he bought for his tudor is narrower than what he needs. Hoping it is the right width for the special coupe and I can trade him for the one I have for a tudor. For some reason I was thinking the one for the...
        09-26-2017, 12:21 PM
      • Ronnie Hill
        Replacing the top on my unrestored late 31 Coupe.
        by Ronnie Hill
        I had no choice but to replace the top on my unrestored late 31 Coupe.
        I don’t drive it when it’s wet but the top had rips in it letting wind get through and i was afraid it would tear up the original head liner. I’m pretty sure that it’s original but something seems to be missing.
        05-01-2019, 06:03 AM
      • thom
        Haven't posted in a while, now have a '28 Sport Coupe as well as our '21 Touring
        by thom
        I posted before about our T but we just bought a '28 A Sport Coupe. It is an older restoration that runs and drives great.
        10-02-2019, 11:07 PM
      • Jim Mason
        Dave Cella's VE Coupe
        by Jim Mason
        Was there a write up of Dave's henry coupe in MAN? if so which issue?
        02-20-2019, 04:46 PM
      • Mickey
        Top of coupe
        by Mickey
        Can you replace the wood in the roof of the coupe without removing the metal panels on the top sides. I know the front metal needs to come off and I assume probably the headliner. The top was leaking so I pulled the vinyl back and found mouse nests and rotted wood.
        08-29-2018, 07:08 PM
      Working...
      X