This is my project, when i bought it. in 2007

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is my project, when i bought it. in 2007

My 1929 Martin Parry 500A panel truck, when i first purchased it.

Project moving forward quicker

About a month ago, i had my chassis pretty well completed, and that's the way it has been for quite a few years; i had a couple operations, and my wife had both hips replaced, and that's where the time goes. Anyway in the last month, i have added the cowl, splash shields, the radiator, shell, hood, hood shelves, the over cowl and windshield wood and the first base layer of body wood from the cowl back to the tail extension. So, here are some photos, I hope?

Comment

• JDupuis
      JDupuis commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow, excellent progress. Wishing you and your wife much better health. Jeff

• pAAt
      pAAt commented
      Editing a comment
      Sunnyorm, you have a great start to that project !! Is that a wood kit or are you designing it yourself and is it a station wagon ? Pat

• DaWizard
      DaWizard commented
      Editing a comment
      Sunny, that is some project you have there. Now that you know how to post pictures, I expect a LOT of pictures and regular updates.

• Ken Parker
      Ken Parker commented
      Editing a comment
      I have the same questions as pAAt. I have started my Special Delivery Woodie and your pictures answer some questions and generate other questions. Thanks for posting them. kenp

• Ray Horton
      Ray Horton commented
      Editing a comment
      I have a lot of respect and admiration for excellent woodworking.

I know what it is now

Comment

Thanks Jeff, we are definitely in better health now.

Comment

Pat, i am constructing all the wood myself, because what i inherited when first purchased, was a nightmare, as far as the wood is concerned. i will be posting more photos of this nightmare, to give a better idea. my first model a mentor, when he saw it, was "i think you got taken" haha

Comment

You have a hell of a job, ahead of you, to prove him wrong You've got a great start and some wood working tools I see there. Will be waiting to see your updated pictures. Pat

Comment

Your perseverance will pay off. Although your patience may be tried.
            You can eat an elephant.....one bite at a time. Jeff

Comment

Sunny
              That is a rare and very unique body. I guess you are an expert wood worker? and if your not you will be..
              2 1930 Tudors

Henry Ford said
              "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

• sunnyorm
                sunnyorm commented
                Editing a comment
                Why yes Mitch, i am uh, expert in woodworking, uh, but please don't pass that around too much, i'd hate to think i would end up with more misscuts on someone else's rig.

I just keep posting photos, as i progress, i have made some good contacts with other Martin Parry owners who, while they don't have the identical truck as mine, they have been able to supply me with there wood structures, which helped alot, to visualize mine. Also was able thru a very gracious person, to acquire a copy of an original advertising booklet, which had info. on how they were manufactured.Let me know if I can help, with more than photos.

Comment

Was it running when they parked it?

Comment

• sunnyorm
                  sunnyorm commented
                  Editing a comment
                  not to my knowledge

Thanks to Mitch, for the magic in combining my 2 project posts!

Comment

• pAAt
                  pAAt commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I was wondering how that happened

More photos added: after gluing and screwing wood rails to wood crossmembers, I flipped the entire base frame assembly over, and added 1" x 7" rail overlay pieces on top of base rails.

Comment

Beautiful.

Comment

• sunnyorm
                    sunnyorm commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks Ray
                Working...
                X