See less

Bumper Clamp Paint

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Mitch and everyone for the suggestions . I ended up ordering a can on Ebay. Found 4 ounces of One Shot pinstriping for about $13.68 including shipping .

Comment

Good deal Norm
      Jim Brand will be back on here next week after I give him a quick tutoring lesson.
      2 1930 Tudors

Henry Ford said
      "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

I will be in Branson for the National meet . Hope to see you and Jim Brand . Thanks again , Norm

Comment

• Mitch
          Mitch commented
          Editing a comment
          For sure we will catch up in Branson

Norm here is some more info that Jimbo sent me.!!!!

Full title, "One Shot Lettering Enamel, #158 Dark Blue"

A 1/4 pint is enough.

Purchase on line try Eastwoods Restoration Supplies, some online auto body supply dealers, 'Dick Blick Art Supplies', & 'Suder's Art Store'.

Support the clamp face up, stir the paint and apply directly from the can, no thinners, using a small artist's brush. Puddle the paint so it will flow out not leaving brush strokes & dry over night.

Mistakes can be washed off with mineral spirits and try again.

Ford sprayed the clamps thru a mask using lacquer paint. The results were translucent with a soft edge. That's another lesson.

Jim B.

2 1930 Tudors

Henry Ford said
        "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

I have the mask for spray painting the large and small bumper clamps . It does leave a soft edge as original . I bought it from Will Cronkite a few years ago . I don't know if he has any more . See you in Branson , Norm

Comment

Originally posted by Norm View Post
            I have the mask for spray painting the large and small bumper clamps . It does leave a soft edge as original . I bought it from Will Cronkite a few years ago . I don't know if he has any more . See you in Branson , Norm
            Any pictures of the mask?
            How is it held in place?

Comment

I will try to attach a photo . This is my first try at adding a photo to a reply . Here goes . I used a piece of double side tape to hold in place . Norm I believe these were laser cut by Will
              Last edited by Norm; 05-19-2018, 07:58 PM.

Comment

• Mitch
                Mitch commented
                Editing a comment
                Norm nice job on the photos
            Working...
            X