See less

Wanted 1930-1931 Tudor Sedan or ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do have agreed value for more than the purchase price,They tell me it is totaled I am not sure if I want to try to repair the back half of the car because I think the frame maybe bent passenger door shuts tighter and I have a gap at the top of the door post seam or sell it as a good parts car? The driver was a mid 20's male and I am still waiting for someone to contact me from his insurance company, they have already giving it to another agent??

Comment

• Mitch
      Mitch commented
      Editing a comment
      Your insurance can make you whole, then they will go after the other company if need be. You shouldn't have to wait

Distracted driving just as bad in New York, we have laws against it but it is very hard to enforce. I was in bumper to bumper traffic during a rain storm a few days ago and counted 6 of the 10 cars around me with drivers heads down looking at something other than the road, I was so busy counting them that I became distracted, . As they use to say on Hill Street Blues " BE CAREFUL OUT THERE"!!

Comment

• Mitch
      Mitch commented
      Editing a comment
      For sure this is a very huge, probably unsolvable problem. It seemed years ago that it was younger people doing it. Now it seems everyone is no matter the age group. My truck can receive and send text messages without taking my eyes off the road

I refuse to talk on my phone when I'm driving, I will not answer it.

Comment

Amazon has an adaptor that plugs into the radio that allows one to have blue tooth, hence no looking down.

Comment

Cell phone/texting is one thing. Last week on I84 I passed a pick-up, driver had a laptop in front of him resting on the steering wheel. I guess he thought it was OK as CT only bans use of hand held devices .
        Paul in CT

Comment

• BNCHIEF
          BNCHIEF commented
          Editing a comment
          I have seen that exact thing and even one lady reading a book when i drove over the road.

Mike, I'm so sorry for what happened to you and your beautiful car.

What in hell is wrong with our driving society today? Driving is a responsibility that is earned through years of practice, hard work, making mistakes and learning from those mistakes. I'm very proud of the way I drive, but also very, very critical of the way I drive. Because of that, I'm super critical of the way others drive. The idea of a cell phone being used by a driver is criminal and should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. Driving a car is pretty similar to holding and pointing a handgun at anyone and everyone around you. The horrible thing is that the car is always loaded and ready to kill. How the hell is a driver supposed to deal with that kind of responsibility when his or her mind is not dedicated to that ONE thing. Driving Safely.

OK, enough of that. For all intensive purposes, I died Thursday morning of May the tenth. Double pnuemonia with a staph infection thoughout my entire blood system. 1.7 liters of fluild were drawn out of my pumonary sack. I was within a couple of minutes of drowning / suffocating, but here I am full of piss and vinegar even though I'm on O2. I went through such intense pain that there is no scale for it. I have arthritis everywhere and coughing your guts out without anything for the pain is comparable to being drawn and quartered or being put in an "Iron Maiden." Those hospital beds SUCK big time no matter how you adjust them.

Now, to the point. I need good advice. I'm getting better, but I'm tied to an O2 supply and will be for some time. Work on the '29 cabriolet is totally off-limits, but that's OK. I've done everything I want to do to it and know that it's as safe as I can make it for the next owner. I need help selling the cabriolet for $17500. I know that price is a very fair one, and I can't believe that someone hasn't shown up with a trailer and cash to get the car. I was offered $17000 cash for it but said no because I'm going to need every cent I can get from this sale to get the tudor of my dreams. And now, I'm going to have medical bills that I don't even want to think about.

Any advice will be appreciated,

Mike

Comment

• JDupuis
          JDupuis commented
          Editing a comment
          Sorry to hear of your illness Mike. Glad to hear you are on the mend.
          Try and take it easy, I know you are not one to remain idle, but do try and relax.
          Your friend, Jeff.

• Mitch
          Mitch commented
          Editing a comment
          Wow Mike it sounds like you narrowly escaped the big one. What Jeff said just lay low, real low and get better. Maybe you can start off by posting your car in the VFF classifieds with some pics. It's good to see you back here posting
      Working...
      X