Wanted 1930-1931 Tudor Sedan or ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted 1930-1931 Tudor Sedan or ?

I recently purchased a 1930 Tudor and I was rear-end by someone on a cell phone this past Saturday, so I am in the market once again for an older restoration car to tour with,any leads on a car on the east coast would be appreciated.I have not decided yet to sell mine or keep it for parts yet so if anyone is interested in a project car just let me know .Thanks Mike Morton 910-787-3753

"Ouch", glad you are OK Mike.
    Good luck with finding a replacement car. Jeff

Comment

Very sad good luck! I would keep it and restore the chassis. Then wait for a body to show up or build a speedster.
      mike
      Michael
      1928 speedster
      1929 closed cab p/u
      1930 standard roadster
      1931 deluxe tudor sedan
      1967 ss/rs conv.camaro

Comment

That picture brought a tear to my eye, hope you are OK, the driver is the "crumple zone" in a Model A most times. I wouldn't give up on that car, most things can be repaired, I would just put it aside and work on it as time permitted (using insurance money if available), Model A's aren't made any more so using it for parts is a crime against humanity.

Comment

Any pictures of the damage? They can be restored most times.

Comment

Damn, I am so sorry to hear that. Make sure that you are in good shape and keep a good attitude. A new car will come your way in due time.

Make sure to sue the pants off that idiot that hit you.
            VFF Recruiter

"We do not stop playing because we grow old;
            We grow old because we stop playing ...
            NEVER Be The First To Get Old!" Pilfered from the MAFC SA Newsletter

I JUST CAN'T FIX STUPID!!

"Why so Serious?"

Comment

I am sorry to see that. If it were me i think you would still see me crying on the side of the road.

Then when I was done, I would take that cell phone and shove it up that guys carburetor so far that it would be speed dialing for the rest of the day.

Comment

I am afraid the frame is bent the body is pushed up against the rear spring cross member,the passenger doesn't shut as good anymore,there is a gap at my hood I didn't have before,weighing all my options,good project for B-Terry

Comment

Where on the East Coast?? My avitar is up. Late 31 Tudor, indent, redone in the late 80's. It's a deluxe (wide seat).
                  Paul

Comment

• Mike Morton
                    Mike Morton commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I live in Jacksonville N.C. I am curious about your 31 ,could you send some pictures and maybe what you would take for it? Thanks

• 1931 Flamingo
                    1931 Flamingo commented
                    Editing a comment
                    PM's sent. Paul

Wow Mike I hope everyone that was in the car is doing ok. If I remember correctly you recently purchased that car after selling the other one of to fund the wedding. There are plenty of cars around so take your time in finding the right one.
                  2 1930 Tudors

Henry Ford said
                  "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Your right Mitch,3 months ownership, I will take my time I enjoyed this one runs real nice.

Comment

• Mitch
                      Mitch commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Maybe you can buy your first one back

Originally posted by DaWizard View Post
                    Damn, I am so sorry to hear that. Make sure that you are in good shape and keep a good attitude. A new car will come your way in due time.

Make sure to sue the pants off that idiot that hit you.
                    I'm not a fan of law suites, but the law is so weak on distracted driving, that in this case I say GO FOR IT.
                    Meanwhile, let Brent restore it at the other guy's insurance expense.

Comment

I'm afraid this isn't going to be the last of these occurrences.

Just today I drove to a neighboring town, about 8 miles. I started counting the cars I met where people were looking down, more than likely texting or something. Two were holding their stupid phones high enough you could definitely see they were on the phone texting or whatever.

Of the 20 odd cars I met, 12 were distracted looking down at something more than likely one of those damn phones. .

I'd do as Tom suggested, take this car to a professional shop like Brent's and make the other guy's insurance pay for a complete rebuild. That car looked to be a pretty nice one. It needs re-built.

Just curious here, was the offending driver some 17-20 year old girl? They seem to be the worst. Although I'm seeing 'old' people like me in their 60's getting just as bad.

Comment

Unfortunately it all goes by the agreed value that was placed on the car. The other insurance won't pay more than that amount either. This is why I carry very high amounts even if the car is only worth a third of it. It's cheap so why not. If it's a policy without agreed value that is even worse
                        2 1930 Tudors

Henry Ford said
                        "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Two distracted driving bills are going nowhere, it was just announced on today's news for Minnesota.
                          Too bad, because distracted driving has killed a lot of people and caused a lot of accidents.

Comment

I do have agreed value for more than the purchase price,They tell me it is totaled I am not sure if I want to try to repair the back half of the car because I think the frame maybe bent passenger door shuts tighter and I have a gap at the top of the door post seam or sell it as a good parts car? The driver was a mid 20's male and I am still waiting for someone to contact me from his insurance company, they have already giving it to another agent??

Comment

• Mitch
                              Mitch commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Your insurance can make you whole, then they will go after the other company if need be. You shouldn't have to wait

Distracted driving just as bad in New York, we have laws against it but it is very hard to enforce. I was in bumper to bumper traffic during a rain storm a few days ago and counted 6 of the 10 cars around me with drivers heads down looking at something other than the road, I was so busy counting them that I became distracted, . As they use to say on Hill Street Blues " BE CAREFUL OUT THERE"!!

Comment

• Mitch
                              Mitch commented
                              Editing a comment
                              For sure this is a very huge, probably unsolvable problem. It seemed years ago that it was younger people doing it. Now it seems everyone is no matter the age group. My truck can receive and send text messages without taking my eyes off the road

I refuse to talk on my phone when I'm driving, I will not answer it.

Comment

Amazon has an adaptor that plugs into the radio that allows one to have blue tooth, hence no looking down.

Comment

Cell phone/texting is one thing. Last week on I84 I passed a pick-up, driver had a laptop in front of him resting on the steering wheel. I guess he thought it was OK as CT only bans use of hand held devices .
                                Paul in CT

Comment

• BNCHIEF
                                  BNCHIEF commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  I have seen that exact thing and even one lady reading a book when i drove over the road.

Mike, I'm so sorry for what happened to you and your beautiful car.

What in hell is wrong with our driving society today? Driving is a responsibility that is earned through years of practice, hard work, making mistakes and learning from those mistakes. I'm very proud of the way I drive, but also very, very critical of the way I drive. Because of that, I'm super critical of the way others drive. The idea of a cell phone being used by a driver is criminal and should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. Driving a car is pretty similar to holding and pointing a handgun at anyone and everyone around you. The horrible thing is that the car is always loaded and ready to kill. How the hell is a driver supposed to deal with that kind of responsibility when his or her mind is not dedicated to that ONE thing. Driving Safely.

OK, enough of that. For all intensive purposes, I died Thursday morning of May the tenth. Double pnuemonia with a staph infection thoughout my entire blood system. 1.7 liters of fluild were drawn out of my pumonary sack. I was within a couple of minutes of drowning / suffocating, but here I am full of piss and vinegar even though I'm on O2. I went through such intense pain that there is no scale for it. I have arthritis everywhere and coughing your guts out without anything for the pain is comparable to being drawn and quartered or being put in an "Iron Maiden." Those hospital beds SUCK big time no matter how you adjust them.

Now, to the point. I need good advice. I'm getting better, but I'm tied to an O2 supply and will be for some time. Work on the '29 cabriolet is totally off-limits, but that's OK. I've done everything I want to do to it and know that it's as safe as I can make it for the next owner. I need help selling the cabriolet for $17500. I know that price is a very fair one, and I can't believe that someone hasn't shown up with a trailer and cash to get the car. I was offered $17000 cash for it but said no because I'm going to need every cent I can get from this sale to get the tudor of my dreams. And now, I'm going to have medical bills that I don't even want to think about.

Any advice will be appreciated,

Mike

Comment

• JDupuis
                                  JDupuis commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  Sorry to hear of your illness Mike. Glad to hear you are on the mend.
                                  Try and take it easy, I know you are not one to remain idle, but do try and relax.
                                  Your friend, Jeff.

• Mitch
                                  Mitch commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  Wow Mike it sounds like you narrowly escaped the big one. What Jeff said just lay low, real low and get better. Maybe you can start off by posting your car in the VFF classifieds with some pics. It's good to see you back here posting
                              Working...
                              X