Trial fit !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trial fit !

Bolted on my fenders, splash shields, and running boards today. It is a good fit, so I was going to pull them off tomorrow and get them painted.

Called the Jury duty line tonight and now I get to serve my Government tomorrow. Always something getting in my way on this AA.

Should be running soon enough anyway Thanks Beau for showing me it can get done, if you have enough socks
    Model A's and of course the famous AA's

Hell Yeah!!! Looks great!! I wish my repop fenders fit so well!! Hope you get a juicy double homicide to sit on!

Comment

• pAAt
      pAAt commented
      Editing a comment
      Beau, last time on jury duty ( just before heading to Tennessee) we had a hung jury. One juror didn't want to send the guy to jail, even though he said he did it ! All day trying to change his mind, although I did enjoy the experience.

• pAAt
      pAAt commented
      Editing a comment
      Beauford, did you notice your Tilly X on the engine I lost a Zenith somewhere !!

• Beauford
      Beauford commented
      Editing a comment
      Look around. I'm sure its there somewhere LOL

ooh purdy - original to the truck i take it? Im still in the make it fit phase. Between fitting fenders from different vehicles, straightening the fender brackets, and getting everything else to line up its been rather pain. My fenders fit the frame holes perfectly, got them lined up on the headlight bar , got one side pretty good when it comes to the outer hole but other side is a crapshoot. Then i gotta straighten the fenders, fix some spots in em that are iffy test fit again then start fixing holes in splash aprons...

Comment

• pAAt
      pAAt commented
      Editing a comment
      SS, not original, but I'm glad I found some good used fenders. That save me a lot of time and the splash aprons and running boards fit well. I was little surprised at how well it matched up.
      Last edited by pAAt; 05-14-2018, 07:44 PM.

• pAAt
      pAAt commented
      Editing a comment
      SS, the cool thing I learned the other day was the radiator has a hood hold up latch on it, but then you knew that already !! It holds the hood up good and high too

Looks great Pat AHHHOOOOOGA
    3 ~ Tudor's
    Henry Ford said
    "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

• pAAt
      pAAt commented
      Editing a comment
      Mitch, I've been very excited since I got the ride in John's Get them painted and put back on, throw the cab on, put in steering, and etc. I'll be driving door less, until I get the hardware installed. Thanks Mitch !!! P.S.- got no horn yet ! Too expensive

• Mitch
      Mitch commented
      Editing a comment
      You should have bought that horn at the workshop that had the nest in it. lol

• pAAt
      pAAt commented
      Editing a comment
      Shirley has cars that need those horns !! I tried to pry one from her hands, but she's a tad bit stronger than I am !!

Originally posted by pAAt View Post
    Bolted on my fenders, splash shields, and running boards today. It is a good fit, so I was going to pull them off tomorrow and get them painted.

Called the Jury duty line tonight and now I get to serve my Government tomorrow. Always something getting in my way on this AA.

Should be running soon enough anyway Thanks Beau for showing me it can get done, if you have enough socks
    I thought you were leaving!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Here I threw a going away party in your honor too!!!!! Glad I didn't invite you now!!!
    "Bullshit and Brilliance Comes with Age and Experience"

Comment

• pAAt
      pAAt commented
      Editing a comment
      When you sending them ladies up the river ED or do I need to float down and get them myself ? The only reason you wouldn't invite me, to my going away party is I'd leave with a few of your Gals

• Apple Green Wheels Rule
      Editing a comment
      At the present time, just a few more feet and you'll be able to float right up to my front door.

• pAAt
      pAAt commented
      Editing a comment
      GEEZ !! It's raining here right now The ponds we have here, are spring fed and the were on the high side. I figured the spillway was plugged again, but it wasn't. The spring is pushing water out like crazy right now. You stay safe and dry down there ED.

• Beauford
      Beauford commented
      Editing a comment
      We have a Hell of a storm now...One more tree falls through my fence and I'm burning the woods down!

Apple - do they make a pontoon and paddle wheel kit for Sarah?

Comment

Editing a comment
      Right now Sarah is SOL sitting in the garage with her engine in parts and can't move to high ground and I don't have flood coverage for her either. Just keeping my fingers crossed. I'd pray but heathen prayers aren't worth a wooden nickel.

is it too late to tow it outa there using a modern and slowly go up hill?

Comment

Editing a comment
      I still have lot's of feet to go as long as Pat decides not to piss anymore in the run off up North.

• pAAt
      pAAt commented
      Editing a comment
      OOPS !! Just flushed the toilet again !

Love seeing the Big Iron restored.pAAt you got more guts than me.I don't think I could restore such a big rig.Kudos

Comment

• pAAt
      pAAt commented
      Editing a comment
      Jim, the fellow that had started the restoration already did a lot. Running gear was restored and the flat bed was made. (Mahogany) All I have to do is the metal work, glass, trim, and engine, so my hats off to Fred Spading !! Pat