Model A Parts Found at Studebaker Swap Meet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model A Parts Found at Studebaker Swap Meet

Two years ago at the Studebaker swap I found a nice 1928 flat screen Sparton horn. As I was carrying it to my car a guy with a German accent asked if it was for sale. I told him I'd just bought it, but if he was from Germany, I should have sold it to him, as they can't be easy to find over there.

This year I found a nice 1928 carb and a mint 1930 radiator cap. Must be a few guys that collect Model A's and Studebakers.

1928-9 Carb.JPG

I have a Studebaker story: my senior year of high school, my dad surprised me with a 1939 Studebaker business coupe, and i sure wish i had it now. i joined the military, and he had to sell it to settle a debt, before they moved to another town.

Comment

Twin venturi ?

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick View Post
        Twin venturi ?
        Not this one, but I was lucky enough to buy a twin venturi at a huge Model A auction about15 years ago for only $25. The throttle was stuck, and no one knew it was a twin. I didn't know either until I got it home and unstuck the throttle.

Comment

I've been looking for a twin. I'd like to try and see how much different they run.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick View Post
            I've been looking for a twin. I'd like to try and see how much different they run.
            That's my plan also, once I get it back together.The venturi broke getting it apart, and a new one from A&L cost about $30 years ago. I bought it, but still have the carb all apart.

Comment

So Tom, I'm having trouble figuring out if this "find" makes you a CASO or a CAMO? (I suppose it could be like me, both.)
              CB the Wonderful

Comment

Not cheap.........just a prudent shopper. Can't be called cheap when all my money goes to the hobby.
                That is after the government takes the first half in taxes.

Comment

• CarlG
                  CarlG commented
                  Editing a comment
                  They only take half of yours?

Related Topics

Collapse

• Tom Wesenberg
                Model A Swap Meet Pictures
                by Tom Wesenberg
                Today our Model A club and the Capitol City Chapter of AACA held a swap meet at the Minnesota State Fairgrounds. Here are some pictures of the event. This 29 Sport Coupe looked like a good buy at $10K or best offer....
                You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                This gallery has 3 photos.
                10-01-2018, 02:25 AM
              • old victoria
                TURLOCK SWAP MEET
                by old victoria
                This years swap was great, packed with people, found a lot of good buys model A and early V8, sold a bunch of A stuff, and a lot of fun!
                01-28-2019, 06:33 PM
              • Mark Maron
                Illinois Region 35th Parts Swap
                by Mark Maron
                All makes and All Model, the ill Region annual parts swap, or 35th year, Contact me for your space today!!!

Starts
                03-17-2019 07:00 AM
                Ends
                03-17-2019 01:00 PM
                01-16-2019, 05:02 PM
              • 1930 Closed Cab PU
                Miwaukee Swap Meet Tips
                by 1930 Closed Cab PU
                Am thinking of going to the upcoming Swap Meet in Milwaukee, my 1st swap meet.

Need Advice - need to dress warm due to long outside lines, cash only or do they accept Credit Cards (admission and venders), food, best time to arrive, do they charge for parking, etc?
                02-14-2019, 12:43 PM
              • mshmodela
                Commander photo for TomW
                by mshmodela
                My Mrs. and I were out Saturday enjoying the colors and happened to see this Studebaker commander --a bit older than yours..

https://photos.smugmug.com/MsDaisy/i...4_141217-L.jpg

https://photos.smugmug.com/MsDaisy/i...4_141242-L.jpg

Nice car......
                10-16-2017, 05:38 PM
              • pooch
                Picton Swap meet sunday June 10 Picton Showgrounds NSW Australia
                by pooch
                This was a nice country town swap meet with a big show and shine.

The town had a flash flood run thru it in 2016, so all was cancelled that year and 2017.

This year it is back on but minus the show and shine.

4 of us from our local club so far are going .

Taking some Model A and early V8 parts to sell.

I usually...
                06-04-2018, 11:02 PM
              • Tom Wesenberg
                Model A Day in the Amana Colonies in Iowa August 19th
                by Tom Wesenberg
                After I left the Studebaker National Meet in South Bend on May 6th, I needed to kill a day before meeting a couple of old Army buddies in Iowa. So when I stopped at the roadside rest in Iowa on May 7th, I asked the lady "what can I do or see to kill a day". She gave me a small newspaper telling about the Amana Colonies, and mentioned that the Maipole Festival was May 6th and 7th. The 6th...
                This gallery has 3 photos.
                05-18-2017, 04:15 PM
              • Mark Maron
                CHICAGO SWAP MEET our 7th year!!
                by Mark Maron
                Join us in Woodstock Il again this year for our A & T summer swap to support the model a museum. Mark your Calendar for August 25th. Tommy's Grill will be open and of Course Tom Wesenberg is a regular at the swap......
                This gallery has 1 photos.
                07-25-2018, 04:31 PM
              Working...
              X