Spring in Alaska

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring in Alaska

I love this time of year. I did several project to my Model A over the winter. Modern shocks, new 19 inch radials, and a couple cosmetic things. I have been chomping at the bit to get out and see how it feels. IT DRIVES AMAZING! I don't know if its the shocks or the new wheels but wow it hugs the road and feels great. I do need to adjust my doors, the passenger door flew open around a corner, my wife was not too thrilled about that. All in all its in good shape for the season.

Super duper Curly
    All that winter work is paying off, enjoy your A this summer. All I ask is that you send some of that Alaskan spring weather down here.
    3 ~ Tudor's
    Henry Ford said
    "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

• Curly
      Curly commented
      Editing a comment
      I rode my bicycle yesterday in shorts and a t-shirt. April typically throws one last snow storm but so far its warm with a blue sky.

I have heard a lot of good reports on the 19 inch radials. I am eagerly awaiting a report on the 21 inch radials.
    Bill
    http://www.brauchauto.com/
    Eastern Connecticut

Comment

Curly I have them and would never go back.

Comment

• Curly
        Curly commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm shocked at the difference. I had modern radials but these are smoother and definitely faster than 16 inch wheels. 3.5 mph faster.

• BNCHIEF
        BNCHIEF commented
        Editing a comment
        The biggest change I saw was it road fantastic and felt like I added power steering, plus they look really good.

According to the song...I thought that when it's “springtime in Alaska" it's forty below.
      Enjoy those new tires Curly. ! Jeff
      Twiss Collector Car Parts

Comment

• Keith True
        Keith True commented
        Editing a comment
        The first thing that jumped into my head when I saw that title was the same thing.That one line from the old Johnny Horten song,I always call the song,North to Alaska,but I think it really has a different title.

• 2manycars
        2manycars commented
        Editing a comment
        I remember that song.

Related Topics

Collapse

• 40B1930
      Roadster Front Spring
      by 40B1930
      Installed a new spring about a year ago and I have noticed a "hard/stiff" front end ride with shocks adjusted 3/8 turn out. The new rear spring with shocks at 1/4 turn out works great.
      08-30-2018, 11:23 PM
    • Captndan
      Springs
      by Captndan
      How important is greasing leaf springs?
      05-30-2017, 11:43 AM
    • carolinamudwalker
      Rear end gets squirly on sharp curves
      by carolinamudwalker
      First I have 19" Radial tires and love them. I can take my hands off the wheel for a very long time and the car tracks straight as an arrow. But in the mountains on very sharp curves (as in you...
      11-20-2017, 11:58 AM
    • Fomoco998
      Rear spring removal
      by Fomoco998
      Pulled the rear from the car and removed all the brakes. Got it on saw horses and have what is called a traveling spring spreader looking for any extra precautions in removing spring with a spreader of...
      07-01-2018, 04:17 PM
    • BNCHIEF
      Excelsior Stahl Radials
      by BNCHIEF
      Just got these all done on my car followed H.L. Chauvins advice to the letter and what he had to say about them this is hands down the best thing i have done to date it feels like I added power steering...
      09-11-2017, 12:57 PM
    • leo
      Carlisle in the Spring next week.....
      by leo
      Any interest in this? I've never found many Model A Ford items there but it's a nice day out after this never ending winter if the weather improves.
      04-07-2018, 03:02 PM
    • Mickey
      Front spring question
      by Mickey
      I ordered and received a new front spring for my coupe. It's from A-Springs and is a 10 leaf spring ( 2 3/16" thick) the old one I removed is a 12 leaf spring
      ( 2 1/2" thick). Will I be...
      10-19-2018, 03:12 PM
    • Captndan
      Original style shocks
      by Captndan
      This subject has been beaten to death on the other Ford forum. All good opinions and facts. Now I am looking at shocks from a different angle. There is the very well known rebuilder and several lessor...
      05-21-2017, 05:34 PM
    • copgib
      Model A Shocks
      by copgib
      Could someone explain to me why shocks for a Model A are so expensive? How long do they normally last? Also what input do you have on installing modern shocks on a model A?. I am only looking to get your...
      03-05-2018, 09:23 PM
    • Jeff/Illinois
      New approach to winter this year with the Model A
      by Jeff/Illinois
      We've been remodeling the older garage this year where the 'A' has been hibernating, insulated and car board siding inside, energy efficient windows and garage door, LED lites, all new wiring, and a...
      10-15-2018, 10:19 PM
    Working...
    X