Krylon overhaul rant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Krylon overhaul rant

Its amazing to me how many people do krylon overhauls on engines.Who get into an engine repair,post pictures and ask questions,then when faced with a response to their question they dont like choose to ignore the advice.They pull the oil pan and head,rant and rave about the sludge they found,ask why their valves sit low in the seats and post pictures of cylinder walls that look like fun house mirrors,then paint everything and call it good. They believe the bullshit that these engines are immune to abuse and wear.They choose not to reshim the bearings,afraid they will find a bad one and don't want to spend the money to fix it,yet want to paint it nice and pretty..so it looks good when they call AAA to drag the car home I guess....we are the guardians of a 90 year legacy,fix the damn thing right....there,I feel better now.

Funny i went on a tour once and I will not mention names but this guy brought two beautifully restored T's he and his students restored, made fun of how poorly others folks cars were done, hauled his stuff back on a trailer all week, I worry about mechanical first and purty second.

Comment

"made fun of how poorly others folks cars were done"
      Chief, I am pretty sure I know that guy. His last name is Arse, first name is Horses
      Last edited by tbirdtbird; 03-31-2018, 10:20 AM.

Comment

• BNCHIEF
        BNCHIEF commented
        Editing a comment
        You have met a few I am sure, I always kept my mouth shut and tried to learn, or help if possible. What i do know I have learned from others.

Perhaps one reason some folks don't always take the advice given on these forums is that half of said advice is at least questionable, if not down right wrong, given by people who must just like to see there name in print, and add a tic to their ranking. I wish that people who don't really know would not post something like: . "I don't know for sure but..." Or "I've never done it, but someone told me...", Or "I read on the internet...". If all this questionable "help" were not confusing the issues, perhaps the good info would have a better chance of being followed. IE, if you don't really know the facts, or are just guessing, maybe you should not post! Of course there are often multiple ways to do things, and we all have our personal opinions, but very few people are expert at everything, and qualified to answer.

Electrical questions seem to get the worst responses, and wag answer.
      Last edited by Corley; 03-31-2018, 10:28 AM.
      CB the Wonderful

Comment

• BNCHIEF
        BNCHIEF commented
        Editing a comment
        True i do not tell people how to do something I have not done, on the other hand if a person has a problem and asks what do you think I will tell him, that said many times others will chime in and a good answer will surfacebut if I do not understand what the guy is working on I do not comment. That would be like me giving George in NC advice on how to build an engine or giving Bruce Terry advice. I am not in their league for sure. And since I never said so welcome to the VFF.

• Mitch
        Mitch commented
        Editing a comment
        I'll put Bruce on Brent's name tag lol

• BNCHIEF
        BNCHIEF commented
        Editing a comment
        Can't say why that keeps popping into my head at least I was 50% this time. See post #8 for clarification.

• BILL WILLIAMSON
        BILL WILLIAMSON commented
        Editing a comment
        Like, "IT'S THE CONDENSOR"!!!! Is he PSYCHIC?

• BNCHIEF
        BNCHIEF commented
        Editing a comment
        At least retired senile people can make you laugh I am afraid to see my name tag now.

• Greynomad
        Greynomad commented
        Editing a comment
        It's not just confined to people not accepting advice. There are a few about who DO know stuff and assume nobody else knows anything. They as much a PITA as the rest and they are so convinced they are God's gift that they won't learn. We all have something to contribute - it just take longer for some to find it!!!

There are idiots on both sides of the conversation,for sure.But there are instances where the advice is irrefutable and ignored..its sad really,they quit making the cars some 90 years ago and yet they are still being hacked,parts are still being scrapped.

Comment

I am on several forums to support the various marques I have. My nephew is on the Lexus and Lotus forums. I have a close friend on some horse-related forums. The usual complaint is the amount of trash. The two forums that have no trash at all are this one (Mitch, an actual A owner and career mechanic) keeps it that way, and the other is the Stude Truck forum. The difference is just so amazing

Comment

Its hard to keep standards when you do a forum based operation for profit.Your drive for members outshines the quality of the content and it becomes a free for all. Folks with standards,who see the forum as a place for fellowship and development of an archive develop a quality product,from which success grows..not as fast as the 'for profit' guys,but with a better base..Its akin to Henry Ford business philosophy,build quality at the best possible price and the rest takes care of itself.

Comment

I have been on different forums and this one is the first one where I have actually talked to some of the members here and they have all been wonderful people to talk to and hope to meet a few more at Brent's(Bruce's to some people.)

Comment

Sure glad you didn't mention Rustoleum, because people know that's the only way to do a real overhaul.

Comment

• George Miller
                George Miller commented
                Editing a comment
                Ya that is some tuff paint it will fix every thing.

• CM2
                CM2 commented
                Editing a comment
                Rustoleosis,when your shooting finger doesnt come clean..

• Bikerider58
                Bikerider58 commented
                Editing a comment
                With old Harley’s, it is the chrome.

But chrome don’t get ya home.

• CM2
                CM2 commented
                Editing a comment
                https://i.imgur.com/hc6gMH6.jpg

who the hell left the door open..goddamn scooter trash up in here..

• CM2
                CM2 commented
                Editing a comment
                wont be long now.Mitch will be bitchin about cigaret butts and dirty pictures on the shithouse wall.. juvenile deliquents

https://i.imgur.com/8g16Pfk.jpg?1

Some folks keep asking the same question over and over until they get the answer they are looking for.

Comment

When I was a kid, there was a farm equipment shop that had a sign over the door that read: "there are more horse's asses then there are horses."
                Bill
                http://www.brauchauto.com/
                Eastern Connecticut

Comment

For sure

Comment

I prefer Plasti-Kote myself.
                    3 ~ Tudor's
                    Henry Ford said
                    "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment