Champion 3X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Champion 3X

does a new Champion 3X spark plug need the gap adjusted?
    if so, do you use a file or dremmal tool?

Thank You;

Any gap adjustment is made by bending the ground terminal, like any other spark plug.
    Bill
    http://www.brauchauto.com/
    Eastern Connecticut

Comment

yup - any new spark plug for anything of any year needs to be at min checked and adjusted.

Comment

• Ayyy
        Ayyy commented
        Editing a comment
        I sure do agree with this statement and approach! But you know, I've installed many NGK plugs in other cars, and I've never had to adjust one.

• SeaSlugs
        SeaSlugs commented
        Editing a comment
        yea sometimes they happen to be spot on out of the box but always must check.

In the mid 80's a friend called me over to see why his Plymouth had a miss right after he installed new spark plugs. I asked if he checked the gap, and he said "no". One of the plugs had the ground electrode touching the center electrode. Someone along the way obviously dropped it, and bent the electrode.

Comment

Thank You all, I’ll give them a good once over and get them installed.

Thank You;

Brian

Comment

Brian, the Service Bulletins tell you to set the gap on the plugs at .035
          You wana look waaay far up da road and plan yer route because the brakes are far more of a suggestion than a command!

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• MANYHERRAMIENTAS
            Spark plug 3x champion
            by MANYHERRAMIENTAS
            Hi friends
            I bought the 3x champion spark plugs and I need a tool to adjust them, what would it be? Spark plug hexagon is 1- 1/8 inches
            Thank you
            06-10-2018, 07:20 PM
          • Dennis
            Spark plugs
            by Dennis
            Can anybody tell me about a C-16C Champion spark plug? I inherited a set with my PU. They have an electrode similar to 3X and hex size is the same....
            12-15-2020, 03:44 PM
          • A-7747
            Champion Reproduction 3X ??
            by A-7747
            Does anyone know when the Champion Spark Co. Started Making the 3x Reproduction Plug as we know it today ??...
            05-04-2021, 07:45 PM
          • A29tudor
            Best Spark plug and Gap
            by A29tudor
            Has anyone come up with a decision what they find for the best spark plug for the Snyder 6.0 head and what gap would seem to be better? Just wondering. I have been using an Autolite 3076 for a number of years (20 +) in a Brumfield 5.9 head, was recommended many years ago by Larry B. I now also have the Snyder 6.0 in other engines and wondered if there are other recommendations.
            07-27-2020, 06:01 PM
          • MANYHERRAMIENTAS
            Change Spark plug
            by MANYHERRAMIENTAS
            this is the engine of my Ford A and I would like to change the spark plugs
            I could recommend some, I like the 3x style but I do not know if they are the best
            Thank
            04-06-2018, 11:58 AM
          • hermitrob
            Spark Plug Recommendation
            by hermitrob
            I have a 1934 pickup with 221 CI Flathead. What are folks using for spark plugs?
            Thanks
            08-19-2021, 09:43 AM
          • Farmputzer
            Spark plug continuity
            by Farmputzer
            If I continuity check from the screw cap to the electrode on a 3X spark plug, should there be any resistance, or at most very low resistance?
            10-29-2018, 07:21 AM
          • A-7747
            Champion C4 Spark Plugs
            by A-7747
            #1 What was the Original use of the Champion C-4 Plug for ?, What other cars along with the Model A Ford were they sold for ??..
            07-21-2021, 05:19 PM
          • JohnB15632
            Spark Plugs
            by JohnB15632
            I am currently using these Autolite 3076 spark plugs. They are running dry and black. I have read/seen/heard that perhaps a hotter burning spark plug would work better.

Thoughts? Advice? Recommendations?

Thanks,
            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
            This gallery has 1 photos.
            07-22-2021, 10:24 AM
          • psavello
            Firestone S-80-CF plug gap?
            by psavello
            My restored 1928 Model A Roadster came with Firestone S-80-CF spark plugs. I cannot find through multiple searches the recommended gap for this plug. Any help/reference would be greatly appreciated. Also, does anybody know the difference between this Firestone plug and the Champion 3X plug (other than cost!)?
            08-29-2020, 06:50 PM
          Working...
          X