Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you do today that was model a related?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jamey E
    replied
    Way to go Wiz!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• DaWizard
    replied
    Originally posted by pAAt View Post
    I thought it was drizzling down there today ? Good job getting motivated Wiz
    My feet are cold and wet and I just closed up shop for the day. If this rain keeps up I may have to get out my work boots to keep dry and warm. But not today, the pressure isn't that great yet.

Leave a comment:

• pAAt
    replied
    I thought it was drizzling down there today ? Good job getting motivated Wiz

Leave a comment:

• DaWizard
    replied
    Model A related? Finished up the heart transplant of Wheezer!

WOOHOO!!!

Leave a comment:

• Apple Green Wheels Rule
    replied
    Originally posted by 1930 Closed Cab PU View Post

I am only 65 and am considering making sure I have my cell on me with 911 on speed dial with a message, "help, I'm on the floor in my garage and can not get up" with my address added.
    I have been told to do the exact same thing......don't ask me if I had my phone with me because the answer would be ....NO!!!

Leave a comment:

• 1930 Closed Cab PU
    replied
    Originally posted by Apple Green Wheels Rule View Post

I was able to service Sarah as much as I could, was careful not to get stuck but the grease gun did fall onto my face and gave me a bloody nose. I was able to get most of the points greased. She drives now like she has power steering.....that's an improvement.
    I am only 65 and am considering making sure I have my cell on me with 911 on speed dial with a message, "help, I'm on the floor in my garage and can not get up" with my address added.

Leave a comment:

• Ken Parker
    replied
    Finally finsihed the electrical work and the ceiling installed in the 300 s f addition to my shop. Now I can get back to the building of the A/C system for the woody. and , boy, is that extra 300 sq ft a godsend.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by Apple Green Wheels Rule View Post
    I am servicing Sarah...I had hoped to have her put on a rack to be better able to get to her grease spots but I guess i'm going to have to get to those places from the floor again. last time I got stuck underneath and took me awhile to free myself.
    I was able to service Sarah as much as I could, was careful not to get stuck but the grease gun did fall onto my face and gave me a bloody nose. I was able to get most of the points greased. She drives now like she has power steering.....that's an improvement.

Leave a comment:

• Bill G
    replied
    Hank B : I like your shop! (The car too!)

Leave a comment:

• Marco Tahtaras
    replied
    It looks really great Hank!

Leave a comment:

• Hank B
    replied
    Not that the current pandemic situation has had much to do with my daily routine of getting into the cave around 9 AM and leaving around 4 PM, with a mid-day stop for bite, but every once in while, it all falls into place and gets a partial check mark on the list of getting this car re-assembled.

A number of days of grinding, raising the body to change the pads under the blocks, tightening, loosening, put the hood in place, take it off . . . . . again and again!

Today things culminated in success and I was able to get the radiator, shell and hood installed to almost complete satisfaction. The shell will have to come off once again for a little more grinding to give it sufficient clearance at the lower shell and top of the front fender intersection. They say that these replacement radiator shells require some fitting, well that is an understatement.

I then added on the cowl lamps, just to add some bling!! I love the shiny bits on a dark car!!

Finally a Hood and Rad Shell!.jpg

I had enough of the hood fiddling for the day so I insulated the trunk lid installed the handle and set it into place. It fits great.

Trunk 1.jpg

Leave a comment:

• JDupuis
    replied
    rusty
    well that sucks!

Leave a comment:

• rusty
    replied
    Thought I found a distributor I could rebuild. I wasn't that lucky.

Leave a comment:

• DaWizard
    replied
    Unfortunately not a damn thing because of this stinking cold rain!! *Grumble, grumble, grumble*

Leave a comment:

• toshik
    replied
    I purchased a book “Ford Model A/AA Truck Owner” by A. G. McMillan truck it has a very touching 37 years old inscription in it.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Bill G
    replied
    Today I bought some steel plate to fabricate supports for seat belts.

Leave a comment:

replied
    I am servicing Sarah...I had hoped to have her put on a rack to be better able to get to her grease spots but I guess i'm going to have to get to those places from the floor again. last time I got stuck underneath and took me awhile to free myself.

Leave a comment:

• Jwmckenzie
    replied
    Killed two birds with one stone. I had about 1/2 gal of old Gas and 1/2 gal of Kerosene that needed to go and a rear end that needed to be cleaned. With a toilet brush attached to a piece of angle iron, I got the rear end cleaned of 90 year old 600w and its ready to go to the blaster. This is a nasty job so glad to get it behind me.

Leave a comment:

• thom
    replied
    The wife and I went for a drive, checking out all the beautiful flowers and trees blooming now and stopped to watch some deer grazing in a field. Then watched the odometer roll over to 13,000 just as we got back home.

Leave a comment:

• gdaquilina
    replied
    Originally posted by Mitch View Post
    Interesting that he put it there next to the water inlet and not in back of the block
    Had something to do with evening out the temperature within the block and some trials he did with sensors. His knowledge of thermodynamics was above my pay grade! Bob retired awhile ago. He sold all his equipment, moved west, and I lost track of him.

Leave a comment:

• toshik
    replied
    Still dreaming of one (more or reasonably-priced ones pops up even on epay) and hope that everyone stays safe and healthy :-)
    Last edited by toshik; 04-06-2020, 09:09 AM.

Leave a comment:

• CSPIDY
    replied
    Finally reinstalled the windshield in my Tudor, was pulled to remove to get the cowl tank out.
    slowly getting it back together.
    Took it for a ride, don’t need goggles anymore.

B2CCF1C7-E388-49EF-B1D6-846134A5B23B.jpeg97F5B10D-9825-489C-A873-16D94337D848.jpeg92C7B7AC-93D8-4208-B687-871CFA4D6DA5.jpeg

Leave a comment:

• Mitch
    replied
    Interesting that he put it there next to the water inlet and not in back of the block

Leave a comment:

• gdaquilina
    replied
    Yes- The builder was preparing the block for vintage racing and runs a coolant line to that spot in order to prevent excess heat in #3 and #4. His engines developed 200 HP plus and with a high constant demand and RMP's balanced block temp was required. The client for this build backed out and I was next in line for a build so I got the block. That's why it has a full pressurized oil system and insert bearings along with a high pressure/volume oil pump. I had him use the stock cam, head, valves, etc. as I had no need for a high performance engine. With a second oversize bore and just enough shaved off the head to true it I get a little more power so I haven't needed to downshift on reasonable hills.

Leave a comment:

• Mitch
    replied
    Originally posted by gdaquilina View Post
    Cleaned Walter's electrical connections, installed fused battery tender connector, started and ran to check for any leaks, checked fluid levels, TOOK WALTER FOR A NICE RIDE!!!! First time out this year and on schedule for the first week in April. It was an awesome day!!
    You have a coolant plug just below the engine block number pad?

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 451 (<center>Related Topics</center>) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X