Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you do today that was model a related?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gdaquilina View Post
    Very tidy garage
    I always go there expecting to wallow in filler dust and paint fumes, but it's always clean.
    I kind of like that!

Comment

• Body work! I am not a body man (auto anyway haha), but I'm taking a shot at it. I cannot afford the going rate for a professional job, so here I go.
      Learning as I go, and doing some things over again, but it will be okay since this is not meant to be a 1000 point car.

Comment

• Got both of my front fenders stripped and rust removed last night. Working on the rears today. The frame is supposed to be done Monday, so might get it back Tuesday. It will be nice to shoot all the black parts and have them out of the way for the body and hood prep.

Comment

• This week-end was sunny and pretty decent with temps in the mid 50’s which is pretty tolerable. Getting ready for the interior which is on order from Classtique. For my 29 Tudor, that included some small body wood, etc consisting of the upper rear header tacking strips, the left and right hip braces and the door lock covers. I am not happy with the door lock covers, sooo, I will need to do them again.

B07E4703-E732-4548-9998-4A066D943B36_1_105_c.jpeg52AB543E-6202-41A8-BEDA-5C5F7D7779C0_1_105_c.jpeg
          Last edited by Bill G; 01-28-2020, 01:41 AM. Reason: Adding pictures
          Member of Walla Walla Sweet A's - Model A club

Comment

• ​ Went to DMV to get registration, because I bought it out of state, they wanted to see the vin that was on the title. Oklahoma title and Georgia registration had a number I could not find on the pick up. Came home and removed left side fenders etc and jacked up the body. After a cleaning on the frame under the welting, my number was found and readable. That number was not on the prior paperwork and did not match the engine number. Called law enforcement to come and sign affidavit about the number on frame. It is a September 29 build. The motor is a March 30 build best I can tell. Went back to DMV and they approved all registration. So, tomorrow I get to put it all back together. All looked great with very little corrosion. Did not break one bolt.

Comment

• Adog
              Way to go.
              All nice and legal.
              Twiss Collector Car Parts

Comment

• Originally posted by Adog View Post
                ​ Went to DMV to get registration, because I bought it out of state, they wanted to see the vin that was on the title. Oklahoma title and Georgia registration had a number I could not find on the pick up. Came home and removed left side fenders etc and jacked up the body. After a cleaning on the frame under the welting, my number was found and readable. That number was not on the prior paperwork and did not match the engine number. Called law enforcement to come and sign affidavit about the number on frame. It is a September 29 build. The motor is a March 30 build best I can tell. Went back to DMV and they approved all registration. So, tomorrow I get to put it all back together. All looked great with very little corrosion. Did not break one bolt.
                Congratulations. Well done. You did it right.
                “A Law is never considered a Law until the Law is enforced and the conviction/penalty is enforced by the Law Enforcement and Courts”.

Comment

• Re-arcing
                  07CEC27A-082F-484B-990E-7A6C368C493C.jpeg
                  Seeking the 45mph life...

Comment

• Put Dads original cowl skin on the donor skeleton

D0381989-9E91-4445-ACAB-C5D7A696DB04.jpeg0C9FE1E0-7D1E-45BE-943A-67C00015788C.jpegD2929FE4-0557-46E8-8130-45613A1DA1E1.jpeg6F860850-61F4-451F-8D7A-545F5BD15509.jpeg
                    3 ~ Tudor's
                    Henry Ford said
                    "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

• All I did was open my email from my painter!

20200130_162459.jpeg

Comment

• Well today we painted the frame or my E28....

Comment

• Sweet Hank
                          What color?
                          3 ~ Tudor's
                          Henry Ford said

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

• Originally posted by Mark Maron View Post
                            Well today we painted the frame or my E28
                            For the uninitiated . . . what is an E28? the front cross member is different, as are the running board brackets.
                            Curious!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hank B View Post
                              For the uninitiated . . . what is an E28? the front cross member is different, as are the running board brackets.
                              Curious!
                              Early 28 (E28) or VE28 Model A ...yes many features are very different from the standard model A

Comment

• Originally posted by Mark Maron View Post
                                Early 28 (E28) or VE28 Model A ...yes many features are very different from the standard model A
                                Thanks!!👍

Comment

• Originally posted by Mitch View Post
                                  What color?
                                  Mitch,

The finished car will be Andalucite Blue / Black as per the JS for '30 Coupes. Water base paints so the process seems to be a bit different.

Comment

• OK we have finished the differential, rebuilt and painted... Now it waits for the chassis to be completed!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hank B View Post
                                      Mitch,

The finished car will be Andalucite Blue / Black as per the JS for '30 Coupes. Water base paints so the process seems to be a bit different.

3 ~ Tudor's
                                      Henry Ford said

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

• I went to the highlands today to troubleshoot a non running Sport Coupe. You know the coil is bad when you have constant voltage on one leg, points voltage(blinking light) and no pop or fizz from the big wire!

You wana look waaay far up da road and plan yer route because the brakes are far more of a suggestion than a command!

Comment

• Or a bad coil wire
                                          3 ~ Tudor's
                                          Henry Ford said

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

• Originally posted by DaWizard View Post
                                            I went to the highlands today to troubleshoot a non running Sport Coupe. You know the coil is bad when you have constant voltage on one leg, points voltage(blinking light) and no pop or fizz from the big wire!
                                            Wiz, looks like you’ve got the camera figured out on that smart phone!! Nice pics

Comment

• Originally posted by Mitch View Post
                                              Or a bad coil wire
                                              Since it was a 12v car I sent the owner to the auto parts store for a late '60's early '70's Ford coil since they didn't use the ballast resistor. Just got off the phone with him, he installed the new coil, hit the starter button and it came to life again.

Another one on the road again!
                                              You wana look waaay far up da road and plan yer route because the brakes are far more of a suggestion than a command!

Comment

• I messed around setting up an aluminum B head sample so I could start machining them. Took some pics and posted stuff on Facebook for the Model A and Pietenpol guys. I took pictures of a dual plug head and a B head sitting on a 5 main aluminum block. I could do that here if anyone is interested.

Tod

Comment

• I would be interested. I think we all would.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tod Buttermore View Post
                                                    I messed around setting up an aluminum B head sample so I could start machining them. Took some pics and posted stuff on Facebook for the Model A and Pietenpol guys. I took pictures of a dual plug head and a B head sitting on a 5 main aluminum block. I could do that here if anyone is interested.

Tod
                                                    Yes please!! We love pics

Comment

widgetinstance 451 (<center>Related Topics</center>) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                                    Working...
                                                    X