Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you do today that was model a related?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pat my brother has re-wooded three cars for me he is a very skilled cabinet maker, he knows how to steam bend wood and has a lot of old wood working tools.

Comment

• Mitch, this is what I am talking about, the valves in the bowl. What are they used/do in the system.
      “A Law is never considered a Law until the Law is enforced and the conviction/penalty is enforced by the Law Enforcement and Courts”.

Comment

• Paul Great collection of Jacks, I am voting for you as being our jack expert, the next contest here should be naming them, no fair calling them all "Jack" .

Comment

• Originally posted by rheacox View Post
          Mine is a Heinze HA-C2 used Nov 29- May 30. I had to get the 28 wiper arm because the 28 wiper arm support is the only one currently made that fits my wiper motor and it's about 3/8" shorter than the later one.

Have you looked at this, https://www.mafca.com/downloads/Semi...A%20Wipers.pdf ? More info on wipers there than I have seen anywhere else. Post a pic of your wiper motor?
          Here’s a pic of ours still on the car. It does not work, so I still need to tear into it. You can use the thumb lever inside to manually work the wiper. It is a Heinz’s No.1
          Attached Files

Comment

• Check the ground strap that sits against the windshield frame. Mine was broken and making intermittent contact. I think the Heinze is the wiper to have, all steel. The Owens-Dyneto ones were pot metal.

Comment

• Originally posted by rheacox View Post
              Check the ground strap that sits against the windshield frame. Mine was broken and making intermittent contact. I think the Heinze is the wiper to have, all steel. The Owens-Dyneto ones were pot metal.
              Will do that & let you know. I had checked to be sure we had power there, & we do. Thanks for the info. That link you shared was pretty helpful too!

Comment

• Glad I could help! Good luck with the wiper. They are very simple, only problem is you have to make most of the parts yourself.

Comment

• Just got my wiper motor back on the car after installing the new arm support. It was a decent press fit on the shaft and a well made part. Hopefully it doesn't wallow out like the old pot metal one. Here is a video of it working, the new arm and blade have so much tension I had to spray the windshield to make it work but I'll still take it over a vacuum motor any day https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usvyii1aq_M

Also, not A related but I went to Lime Rock park for their annual vintage festival. Watched a 1925 Bentley 3 Litre and a couple late-20s Stutzes in one race, just incredible. They also had a tribute for Morgans 110th anniversary. I've decided I need one eventually, better start saving

Comment

• Today was a stellar day in I started real early while somewhat in the shade of the garage and overcast, but still 85º and about 60% humidity. But I hydrated and charged into getting the block stripprd of the remaining parts and loaded it up into Dave's pu and took it to get tanked and decked.

Damn it's HOT and HUMID!!

You wana look waaay far up da road and plan yer route because the brakes are far more of a suggestion than a command!

Comment

• Originally posted by DaWizard View Post
                      Today was a stellar day in I started real early while somewhat in the shade of the garage and overcast, but still 85º and about 60% humidity. But I hydrated and charged into getting the block stripprd of the remaining parts and loaded it up into Dave's pu and took it to get tanked and decked.

Damn it's HOT and HUMID!!

Nice Branson judging hat.
                      3 ~ Tudor's
                      Henry Ford said
                      "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

• I took off the battery grounding strap and used a dremel w a wire wheel to clean all of the contacting surfaces. I went to try and start it and realized the fuel tank was completely empty. guess that is a reason it wouldnt start or stay running. .

Comment

• rrich1 , we have all been there and done that, at least you now have a well-cleaned ground strap :rolling

Comment

• rrich1 They should all be that easy to fix
                            3 ~ Tudor's
                            Henry Ford said

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobm90 View Post
                              rrich1 , we have all been there and done that, at least you now have a well-cleaned ground strap :rolling
                              It was going to get cleaned anyways.

Comment

• Well, if it wasn't for bad luck, I wouldn't have no luck at all!!

Today, half way to help another Model A'er with his brakes, my clutch failed to allow me to shift into second gear from a left turn lane, so with the car stuck in first, I managed to get Wheezer off the street and into a parking lot where I dialed up AAA for a flatbed tow home.

Got'er up on jacks to find the clutch pivot arm done split in two, kinda lookin like it had had that before and someone welded it back together. Welp, a quick call to CW Moss produces the last one on their shelf and the pin which I paid for on the phone and then called my friend Dave to stop by and pick it up on his way to work, and drop it off to me.

Got the offending part and pin out and installed a new one. Done and done!

Now you see the new wall hanging, and I just noticed at the edge a rust strip, so, this wasn't long for life.

You wana look waaay far up da road and plan yer route because the brakes are far more of a suggestion than a command!

Comment

• Yesterday and today we had our annual Wheelin' Walla Walla week-end. Last night was the cruise-in (10 mile parade through town which took an hour), and the car show today. Last year's record of 435 cars was surpassed with 650 cars. The big draw this year was having Dennis Gage from the TV show "My Classic Car". It is a pretty big event for a city of about 35,000. Attached are three pictures. The first is from the same show 2 years ago when I first got the Model A. The second picture is from today, and the third is myself with Dennis Gage. While I didn't win an award, several other A's did. I think the public likes roadsters and pick-ups over Tudors. Besides, I still have the upholstery to do (Next year).

IMG_2270.JPGIMG_1325.jpgIMG_1327.jpg
                                  Last edited by Bill G; 09-07-2019, 11:49 PM.
                                  Member of Walla Walla Sweet A's - Model A club

Comment

• After a crazy busy summer of working on my home, and road contruction just about everywhere, I took my car for a nice drive... Have to paint my home's front porch rail today but that thankfull is now the only outside paint I will ever do with the new siding installed

Comment

• Bill G , you did a great job on restoring that 2dr., looks wonderful, and it looks like that was a fun day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobm90 View Post
                                        Bill G , you did a great job on restoring that 2dr., looks wonderful, and it looks like that was a fun day.
                                        Thank you!
                                        Member of Walla Walla Sweet A's - Model A club

Comment

• Mr Bill, great looking Tudor!! You have done a great job. Nice pic with Mr Mustache!!

Comment

• Well I thought I had a front brake shoe dragging not the case at all, a bad vendor grease seal was the problem more on that later with pics, lost my tail lights last year in heavy rain finally found the issue ground issue on one light will get that fixed, today re-hang wiring, solder job on a couple of bullet connectors make sure light has a good ground path, finished up brake light switch and adjustment more on that later as well and pics. finish putting on brake drums and tighten everything up my brakes are now working with full contact this car would stop but now it will be much better. Will finish up steering gear install as well and a couple issues to resolve there.

Comment

• Today's my '29er's 90th birthday! Firewall stamp is 9-9-29. Party hats all 'round!

Mike

Comment

• Originally posted by 29er View Post
                                                Today's my '29er's 90th birthday! Firewall stamp is 9-9-29. Party hats all 'round!

Mike
                                                3 ~ Tudor's
                                                Henry Ford said

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

• Nothing like the smell of differential oil, that has been there for years. The past few days I have been tearing down a rear end to see what parts I will need. Hershey is a month away and don't want to miss the opportunity to haul a few parts home. Good news, the ring gear and pinion are still very nice, no pitting at all. The spiders look a bit hammered, but I think they will go another time. Will look for a good deal on three that are better, but not going to spring for new ones.

I will need a new axle. The keyway on one is badly worn. The hub was not tightened up to engage the tapered axle so the keyway took the load. Maybe what hammered the spiders as well.

Both trumpets are still in nice shape, the wheel bearing race measures a bit out of round, but still within the specs. According to Les Andrews the diameter should be 2.061 - 2.0635. The North/South measurement on the worst one is 2.0615 and the East/West is 2.0635, so unless someone schools me to the contrary, they will go again as well.
                                                  I don't think there is anything messier than a differential. Wife says it smells like onions .

New bearings, new axle and a day two with Tom Endy's writings and I will be good to go. This is a middle of winter project.
                                                  Last edited by Jwmckenzie; 09-09-2019, 02:34 PM.
                                                  Jon.

"Never argue with an idiot, onlookers can't tell the difference"

Comment

• I ran across this jewel today near a side job I was working on. The owner said it’s a 29’ & it was in a Tom Hanks movie that was filmed in Chicago.
                                                    He also had a 29’ roadster in the garage that he was working on, & a 1916 T in the garage too. Just goes to show, you never know where these beauties might be hiding 88DD2DED-F516-4907-A521-25F4A3A2E7ED.jpeg

Comment

widgetinstance 451 (<center>Related Topics</center>) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                                    Working...
                                                    X