Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you do today that was model a related?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mitch commented
    Yesterday, 04:47 PM
    Sarah's been behaving, it's about time.
    When I see Larry this week I'll give him a present for you ::

.................................................. .......................................

Mitch the only thing I know that you have in abundance of to give away is Depends....I'd rather have a T-Shirt, large for my babe to wear in her next wet T-shirt contest. :
    "Bullshit and Brilliance Comes with Age and Experience"

Comment

• Mitch
      Mitch commented
      Editing a comment
      Ill see if Larry has room for some rotella and the new edition VFF depends

• Apple Green Wheels Rule
      Apple Green Wheels Rule commented
      Editing a comment
      I wouldn't be a surprise at all to know you had some VVF Depends made up also!!!

Cleaned up the engine compartment on my pickup. Getting it ready for our big "Show & Shine" car show this coming weekend.
    Alaskan A's
    Antique Auto Mushers of Alaska
    Model A Ford Club of America
    Model A Restorers Club
    Antique Automobile Club of America
    Mullins Owners Club

Comment

Well, had mama help me put the hood back on today, and realized I may need to take it off again, unless I can work around it. *sighs*
      You wana look waaay far up da road and plan yer route because the brakes are far more of a suggestion than a command!

Comment

Nothing::::::::::::
        3 ~ Tudor's
        Henry Ford said
        "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Nothing today also...I might have to skip a drive this weekend as planned, must take a trip to Oxford MS, sis is having open heart surgery.

Comment

• Mitch
            Mitch commented
            Editing a comment
            God speed

Watched as the rain pelted the roof of my Tudor, and was astounded to find no leaks!!
          You wana look waaay far up da road and plan yer route because the brakes are far more of a suggestion than a command!

Comment

Got ready for an upcoming Model A trip. Went to the Cabrillo National Monument next to Ft. Rosecrans National Cemetery on Pt. Loma here in San Diego to buy my National Park "Senior Pass" (62 & older). Only cost $10 & good for your lifetime. At the end of August they go up to $80 so do it now!!

Comment

I did touring class judging at the meet..
              I got wet but Lucy didn't
              3 ~ Tudor's
              Henry Ford said

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Took off the licence plates and emptied the trunk on the early 28 pickup, as it got a new owner today. Sad day for the girlfriend. I restored it for her 20 years ago. She can;t drive because of dissability.
                Bill
                http://www.brauchauto.com/
                Eastern Connecticut

Comment

Thanks Wiz!!!

Comment

I had a look under Sarah to see how many drips from our short trip yesterday!!! NONE !!!!!!!!!!!! So I checked the dipstick to make sure she had oil...she did.

Comment

I guy brought his 1931 Wide bed over to see if we could get it running. It was just a condenser, it has the so called modern points. Yea modern 45 years ago. I do not see the need when Model A points last a long time. The modern points are harder to adjust also. Plus they have the pice of brass rubbing on the lower plate not a good deal.

Comment

• Dennis
                        Dennis commented
                        Editing a comment
                        How did he bring it over? Push it?

• Mitch
                        Mitch commented
                        Editing a comment
                        So it had the modern style points with the wireless lower plate?
                        You can run the modern points with a wired lower plate, the wireless is terrible for intermittents and issues

• George Miller
                        George Miller commented
                        Editing a comment
                        No he used a trailer

• George Miller
                        George Miller commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yes it had the wire less plate. I'm not fond of the set up. I have help a few with this set up before.

Tonight i installed the new Touring class hardware on a fancy bracket that i bought at the MARC office. It attaches to the license plate brackets..
                      then added the AACA hardware on each side

3 ~ Tudor's
                      Henry Ford said

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

• BNCHIEF
                        BNCHIEF commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Nice looking bracket.

Took it out for a drive this morning. Had a great time. DAILY DRIVER.
                      “A Law is never considered a Law until the Law is enforced and the conviction/penalty is enforced by the Law Enforcement and Courts”.

Comment

So far, built me a new kinda sorta shorter water pump, hoping I can squeeze in the electric fan, which is far superior AND bulletproof. I was also thinking that I might be able to move the radiator forward a tad , maybe ½" or so, we will see.

Still no satisfaction from the electric water pump folks. *sighs*

Comment

Finally got a hose reel for my air compressor installed. Seven years of stumbling over air hoses -- gone!

Then, went to our monthly club meeting. My wife presented a 15 minute pictorial review of our trip to McCarthy. Afterwards we all drove over to a restaurant for dinner and fellowship.

It started to rain while we were there. Not one of our cars melted -- Mitch.
                          Alaskan A's
                          Antique Auto Mushers of Alaska
                          Model A Ford Club of America
                          Model A Restorers Club
                          Antique Automobile Club of America
                          Mullins Owners Club

Comment

• Beauford
                            Beauford commented
                            Editing a comment
                            That's what I need is a hose real...I guess I'm hitting harbor freight on the way home.

• Mitch
                            Mitch commented
                            Editing a comment
                            yea but they got dirty

Helped a fellow club member and Model A'er get his Town Sedan running with a rebuilt distributor.

Comment

Put a new turn signal switch on my Model A truck today. The old one went south. It was only about 3 or 4 years old.

Comment

I removed the r/s running board zinc strip tonight. last night i finished up the l/s
                              https://www.vintagefordforum.com/for...ms-need-advice
                              3 ~ Tudor's
                              Henry Ford said

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

What did I do today ? About the same as every day. I put gas in it, took it to the coffee shop and resolved the worlds issues with the other retired guys, but, then took the nephew [ lead crew chief for Husqvarna] and son for a ride.

Comment

Dismounted 10 Model A tires from their wheels and hauled them to the free tire disposal with many of my other junk tires. Only about 70 tires left to dismount for the next free tire disposal. Usually there is another in Oct. that is close enough. Out of time for that this week. Rod
                                  At some point in time standardization was a creative idea.

Comment

Put the r/s zinc running board trim on, it went nice and easy. I then cleaned them up with toothpaste and a tooth brush
                                    3 ~ Tudor's
                                    Henry Ford said

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Painted and installed tank today...scratched nicely painted tank putting it in. I will fix that tomorrow as i have a few other areas I'm not happy with......

Comment

• DaWizard
                                        DaWizard commented
                                        Editing a comment
                                        See Beauford, that tank wasn't in THAT bad a shape after all !!

• Beauford
                                        Beauford commented
                                        Editing a comment
                                        Yeah, only about 10 hours of work on her...at this point I'm happy it doesn't leak and it's green. LOL

• BNCHIEF
                                        BNCHIEF commented
                                        Editing a comment
                                        Looking good there Beauford.

• Beauford
                                        Beauford commented
                                        Editing a comment
                                        Thanks Chief!!

Yesterday I put the winch in my new trailer got everything working like it should back up lights come on when you put the truck in reverse, trailer breakaway battery and winch battery are both tied in to charge when hooked to truck with the 12v wire in the pigtail which will also operate the interior led worklights. Today I should finish the tailboard roller for the winch and finish up all the diamond plate trim.

Comment

• DaWizard
                                        DaWizard commented
                                        Editing a comment
                                        MORE PICTURES!!!

• BNCHIEF
                                        BNCHIEF commented
                                        Editing a comment
                                        I will get some more tomorrow and post them.

• Mitch
                                        Mitch commented
                                        Editing a comment
                                        on my enclosed i added a deep cycle battery inside the trailer in line of the 12v circuit and break away battery. This helps power the winch instead of that huge draw being pulled through that little trailer plug wire and battery. The break away battery is just that, to apply the brakes in an emergency

and yes more pics

• Mitch what you said is exactly what I have done, I was at walmart a friend of mine is always working some kind of deal and he told me to go to walmart and talk to a lady he knows in automotive and i could get a deal on a new battery i bought a 5 year 750 cold crank amp battery new 45.00 it is one they could not get sold and they discounted it a couple of times. Right now i am trying to figure out a weird wiring issue on my neighbors truck and stock trailer. And yes i a have a break-away battery in my trailer as well along with switches so i can isolate them if neccesary.

Comment

widgetinstance 451 (<center>Related Topics</center>) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                      Working...
                                      X