Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you do today that was model a related?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BudP,
    I never rebuilt a water pump. I took a "freshly"??? rebuilt water pump off Vermin, with its' 2 blade fan. Turns a little stiff, as if it WAS rebuilt. I hung it on the wall & installed a leakless, greaseless pump & a 6 blade PLASTIC fan. How many POINTS will I LOSE?----LOL & LOL----I DIDN'T even check to se if it wuz an ALUJIMUM fan, with a BLACK paint job???---OH, WELL. I'll jist put a SKULL & CROSSBONES sticker on it, to CMA!---LOL again!----I'm nigh on to runnin' out of "humor"???--Hope I DON'T get DANGEROUS!!
    Bill Humorous???
    Last edited by BILL WILLIAMSON; 07-18-2017, 11:50 PM.

Comment

I GOT MY CAR RUNNING!!!!!
      You wana look waaay far up da road and plan yer route because the brakes are far more of a suggestion than a command!

Comment

Wiz,
        The Dog: asked if you forgot HOW to drive it?
        Dogs': Keeper: (This is what an OOOOLD Man & his Dog: do at HOME ALONE!)

Comment

• DaWizard
          DaWizard commented
          Editing a comment
          No Bill, I have not forgot how to drive it, but I do need to remember to take the drugs that allow me the hand eye coordination to make the body parts work!

Wiz, Buddy,
        I know all to well how it is to get OLD & some parts don't work too well & others are MISSING!--You have my sympathies! Worst thing is when you have friends who HURT & you TRY to console them.
        Bro Bill W.

Comment

• DaWizard
          DaWizard commented
          Editing a comment
          Amen

I actually had time to take it for a short drive ;)

Comment

Letting my pickup rest after a 4-day, 650 mile trip to McCarthy / Kennecott, Alaska. (120 of the miles on dirt/gravel road)
          Alaskan A's
          Antique Auto Mushers of Alaska
          Model A Ford Club of America
          Model A Restorers Club
          Antique Automobile Club of America
          Mullins Owners Club

Comment

• BNCHIEF
            BNCHIEF commented
            Editing a comment
            Nice pics Carl what is the mine in the background?

• CarlG
            CarlG commented
            Editing a comment
            That is actually the Mill at Kennecott, Alaska. Kennecott Copper Company operated a half dozen coper mines in the area that all fed into that Mill from 1916 to 1938. The neighboring town of McCarthy was celebrating their 100th birthday, so we celebrated with them, with 8 Model A's, a 1916 Model T, and a modern (1938 Chrysler - His Model A was on the disabled list, so he brought Mopar instead.)
            Last edited by CarlG; 07-23-2017, 01:46 AM.

Straightened up garage for preparation of body mounting. I have lazy friends so will be doing it with engine hoist.

Comment

• Mitch
            Mitch commented
            Editing a comment
            Tip
            Lift the body up and roll the chassis under. I use wheel dollies under each wheel for side and fine point manuverability FWIW

Ahead of ya! Already got a set!!! And...I read you saying this on some other site...LOL

Comment

Today I drove out to Sutton, Alaska for a car show. We had about 10 Model A's represented there. About 150 miles round trip.
            Alaskan A's
            Model A Restorers Club
            Mullins Owners Club

Comment

Broke a pipe extractor off in Gas shut-off orifice

Comment

Went on 160 mile club tour yesterday from San Diego up 4500' to the California Wolf Center in the Laguna Mountains. They are dedicated to preserving the wolf population in the U.S. & Mexico.

Comment

For several days I have been working on a large box to store my air compressor and welder. Today I finally finished it, and once I put my tools away there will be enough room on the left end to store a spare Model A engine, or several parts. I had 42 hinge holes to drill, and this made me finally come up with an idea to hold the drill bit centered in the hinge hole. I trimmed a worn out air nozzle from my sandblasting gun, and used a couple small washers and a spring to hold the bit centered. This tool also acts as a drill stop so I don't drill too deep. I haven't decided yet if I will add a couple struts to help lift the top.

Except for the top board, the whole thing is made from 3/4" plywood and screwed to a pair of landscape timbers. I used 1 1/2 gallons of white paint to paint all sides of each board, in hopes of making it last longer and discourage ants from eating it. I had a stack of 3/4" plywood, which came from an ice rink, covered with a plastic tarp. Some water got to the wood and left it moist. It had thousands of ants between the sheets of plywood, and three of the 7 layers have been eaten away in several places. I also covered the wood with tar paper, then used the same color vinyl siding to match my dog house for engine storage.

I had to add a barbed fitting and hose to the air compressor drain to keep the water out of the box. We've had very hot and humid weather lately, and after only about 20 minutes use, I drained a lot of water from the air compressor.

Comment

• DaWizard
                    DaWizard commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Very nicely done Tom.

• Mitch
                    Mitch commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yep I agree great job
                    Get some ant baits they really work good

• Beauford
                    Beauford commented
                    Editing a comment
                    You are talented indeed! Come over and build a 20x30 shed for me....need more working room in garage for "Rusty" !!

I removed a leaky water pump and installed a better one that don't leak.
                  You wana look waaay far up da road and plan yer route because the brakes are far more of a suggestion than a command!

Comment

Thanks guys.
                    I knew I forgot to mention something.
                    I did make a couple mistakes both on this cabinet and on the dog house.
                    You all know the saying about measuring twice and cutting once.
                    Well, I always do that, but sometimes I cut on the wrong side of the line.
                    I need to start putting a < mark on the side of the line to be cut.

Comment

• CarlG
                      CarlG commented
                      Editing a comment
                      The old saying I remember is: "I cut it off twice and it's still too short."

Adjusted the carb float level. Runs & idles much better now.
                    Alaskan A's
                    Model A Restorers Club
                    Mullins Owners Club

Comment

I'm cleaning my already clean Lucy today for the transport to Gettysburg on Monday.
                      Attached Files
                      3 ~ Tudor's
                      Henry Ford said
                      "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Went and installed starter( it's been almost 2 months that I could do something) cranked but no joy. Adjusted points, no joy. Pulled coil wire to see if there was spark, pulled end out of coil and terminal was black. Cleaned and installed and fired up! Let it run for an hour while I picked up my mess. Boy I'm out of shape time to rest, change oil tomorrow and maybe take it out of a drive :-)

Comment

• BNCHIEF
                          BNCHIEF commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Big Hammer just glad you are able to do things take care and do not overdo it.

Pulled starter to remove nuisance noise maker. Refilled with water and a bit of soluble oil, took it around the block to see if noise was indeed gone, Walla, all gone!!

Now if I could only afford the funds for FAM to rid myself of the vibrations I'd be peachy. But I will drive it til it screams Uncle!!

Might change the oil tomorrow, almost time.

Comment

• Mitch
                          Mitch commented
                          Editing a comment
                          That's good you got it out of there, did you hear it slinging around? I cleaned one out by lowering the wishbone and going in thru the bell hole

• DaWizard
                          DaWizard commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Oh yes, it was making quite a racket, sounded like a loose bolt behind the flywheel of a small block against the dust cover. Clangity clank clank. That was the only reason I pulled the starter. Funny thing, I KNOW it has been 6 months roaming around in there since I changed out the bendix for the new style after the one that came with it decided it didn't like 12v.

I just wonder why it took so long to come loose and start clanking around in there.
                          Last edited by DaWizard; 07-29-2017, 04:17 PM. Reason: twinky fingers

I put a body on....still need to bolt Rusty down. Easier to rub out paint this way. Got a few nicks but will take care of those when I paint the tank. This thing seems HUGE now!!!

Comment

• pAAt
                          pAAt commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Badass Beauford !! I think you stole my color !! Good days ahead

• pAAt
                          pAAt commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I'm trying to see what I could use in your garage, but you seem too have everything sorted pretty well.

• DaWizard
                          DaWizard commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Hey Beauford, how come ya got da frame up on dollies, I thought that chassis was a runner?

• Mitch
                          Mitch commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Thats my trick Wiz: Nice goin Beau

• Beauford
                          Beauford commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Pat, I got more shit than a hoarders episode. Once Rusty is done it well be spotless. Doubling garage size next spring. Need another project. Lol

We took a 60 mile drive through the country...after the heat spell we had, it was quite enjoyable to get out and about again. Never saw the mercury rise in the motometer once. A very quiet ride too...lot's of lookers, thumbs up and photo takers too. Might do it again tomorrow.
                        "Bullshit and Brilliance Comes with Age and Experience"

Comment

• Mitch
                          Mitch commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Sarah's been behaving, it's about time.
                          When I see Larry this week I'll give him a present for you ::

• Big hammer
                          Big hammer commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Good to hear that Sarah is behaving! Enjoy the weather and do take her out tomorrow :-)

• Apple Green Wheels Rule
                          Apple Green Wheels Rule commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I forgot to mention...she didn't lose or use one drop of coolant either. I might be able to make a few overnight trips this year after all.

Oh, I forgot, I also reinstalled my external choke rod. It tickles my fancy to be able to crank start my A since it is so easy to do, hot or cold, only takes less than a turn usually.

Comment

I just looked at Bonnie today, up on four jack stands and sighed... "gee, you sure looked better with wheels"!

My blaster man, "Blast From The Past", got a BIG job and bumped me to the next burner. I'm not complaining. He's gotta eat and I can't afford to feed him. He said I'll have my wheels by Monday.

Comment

Dug out the '31 S/W after a two year rest, added gas & Seafoam, and drove it to the museum volunteer picnic. Noticed a torn piece of rubber ball laying on garage floor so guess I'll have to check the front radius rod ball cap & return it to stock steel clamps & springs.

Comment

Just back from a drive North to Louisiana MO. From there it seemed every road I took was closed. Stopped by the Ford Garage to get directions but they were closed :D.............fueled up and headed back home. I shall get her head torque one more time this week and give Larry a rest and then...I'm offski!!!! Maybe to Hannibal, Quincy, Hermann or where ever the road takes me.

Comment

• DaWizard
                                DaWizard commented
                                Editing a comment
                                You should be on yer way to Gettysburg!

• BNCHIEF
                                BNCHIEF commented
                                Editing a comment
                                you are right in the area for the gamarri tour

Not Gettysburg......anyplace but there, had my left leg blown off the last time I was there!!! :::

BUT.................next year, I hear tell, everything will take place in Branson which is a bit closer for me, not necessary Sarah but for me, yes.

Larry and Gina are travelling for me....in spirit to Gettysburg. :D

Comment

widgetinstance 451 (<center>Related Topics</center>) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X