X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 28 or 30?

Is this a '28-29 tank? Some say 30-31

http://m.ebay.com/itm/182556959358

I would say 30-31 looking at the modern fill neck.

Comment

times 2,, but others can determine what speedo goes into it better than me
      3 ~ Tudor's
      Henry Ford said
      "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

The 28/29 tanks have screw on gas caps. The 30/31 have the 1/4 turn type cap to latch it. Based on the instrument panel location shape it's an early 30 tanks that uses the oval speedometer panel.

Barb

Comment

Uggggghhhhh I need a '28 and most these people on eBay (like myself) don't know the difference. Anyone have a 28 for a Roadster P/U.

Comment

On the ******** site under the A parts heading, here are tanks for sale by "Jason in Tx". He says he has a 28 tank.

Comment

30/31 for sure. First post so this a actually a test only.

Comment

Thanks...I have secured a '28 tank!!

Comment

I go by the channel at the bottom of the instrument panel. The round speedo style is higher. This tank looked like the channel was lower on the tank. I can't tell the difference in the width between the reveals unless they are side by side. Even if I had a tape measure I'd get it wrong. My nick name is Ms. Measure. Depending on what I'm doing at the time sometimes I get called Ms Placed

Barb

Comment

Originally posted by Beauford View Post
                    Thanks...I have secured a '28 tank!!
                    That is great!!

Comment

Now that's a '28....
                      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                      This gallery has 3 photos.
                      Last edited by Beauford; 05-12-2017, 08:42 AM.

Comment

28 and 29 have a screw on gas cap and the front of the tank has the brackets for the radiator support rods, as it is the upper firewall. The 30-31 tanks have a smooth front of the tank, as it sits behind the one piece firewall. A further complication is the early 30 commercial tank, which is built like a 28-29 tank, since the commercial bodies were held over 29 bodies until june of 30, but the gas cap is very often the quarter turn style cap, not screw on.
                        Bill
                        http://www.brauchauto.com/
                        Eastern Connecticut

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Jim Mason
                          60 day leeway
                          by Jim Mason
                          I know how i interpret the 60 day leeway in the standards.

How do you interpret the statements early 28, thru april 28, a graphic used bop to april 28? keep in mind the graphic usually shows an overlap. Do the graphics already allow the 60 days or not?

E28 = 1/01/28 to 4/30/28 part could be found up to 6/30/28

Thru April 28 = from 01/01/28 to 4/30/28 part...
                          11-01-2019, 12:56 PM
                        • Beauford
                          what year?
                          by Beauford
                          My rear axle trumpets have the seam on top. What year would that make them? I had the info at one time.
                          04-01-2019, 05:22 PM
                        • copgib
                          Gas Tank
                          by copgib
                          For anyone who has changed out the gas tank in a Model A Coupe, how difficult was it? I am considering it but haven't decided for sure yet. I plan to change it out because the neck where the gas cap attaches to on mine is crushed. Don't know how this happened but it was like that when I got the car. Gas cap will fit but held on by maybe one thread. Hugh
                          12-07-2018, 01:32 PM
                        • Jim Mason
                          instrument panel
                          by Jim Mason
                          So what month(s) was this panel used? I know what page it's on in the standards, what's your take and why?

02-07-2018, 09:51 PM
                        • Poor Boy
                          Lower water pipe
                          by Poor Boy
                          Working on my 31 coupe and noticed that the lower water pipe does not fit and line up correctly with the bottom radiator outlet. The parts catalogues show different numbers for 28/29 and 30/31. I looked in my junk and found 3 rusty ones that I saved for the pet cocks. The angles of the bends are the same, but substantially different than the ill fitting one and will fit correctly. The pet cocks...
                          02-27-2019, 04:41 PM
                        • L Jones
                          Ignition switch and wiring orientation
                          by L Jones
                          Original Thread

Instrument panel
                          This gallery has 1 photos.
                          07-19-2019, 05:56 PM
                        • Rumbler
                          Instrument panel lamp -characteristics of authenticity
                          by Rumbler
                          What are the characteristics that help identify an original lamp for the oval speedometer instrument panel? There's very little information in the RG&JS that I can find, other than being bright nickel.
                          07-17-2020, 11:44 AM
                        • Ed H
                          Fire wall
                          by Ed H
                          Anyone know what yr this is?
                          This gallery has 1 photos.
                          07-10-2018, 04:39 PM
                        • wrndln
                          Checking 28/29 gas tank for leakage
                          by wrndln
                          I have what looks like a nice gas tank I plan to use on my 29 CCPU. I bought it at a swap meet, so I have no idea of its history. It is a rare tank that doesn't need the radiator bracket areas repaired on the firewall of the tank - I have 6 or 7 gas tanks and all need the bracket area repaired, some more than others. Some 28/29 gas tanks have seepage around the steering wheel bracket on the tank...
                          07-27-2019, 11:25 AM
                        • Jim Mason
                          early 28 type A handle
                          by Jim Mason
                          This us a style A handle used in coupes, Tudors and a couple other bodies till May 28 although this is in a November 28 Tudor. ...
                          11-15-2018, 02:10 PM
                        Working...
                        X