X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 28 or 30?

Is this a '28-29 tank? Some say 30-31

http://m.ebay.com/itm/182556959358

I would say 30-31 looking at the modern fill neck.

Comment

times 2,, but others can determine what speedo goes into it better than me
      3 ~ Tudor's
      Henry Ford said
      "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

The 28/29 tanks have screw on gas caps. The 30/31 have the 1/4 turn type cap to latch it. Based on the instrument panel location shape it's an early 30 tanks that uses the oval speedometer panel.

Barb

Comment

Uggggghhhhh I need a '28 and most these people on eBay (like myself) don't know the difference. Anyone have a 28 for a Roadster P/U.

Comment

On the ******** site under the A parts heading, here are tanks for sale by "Jason in Tx". He says he has a 28 tank.

Comment

30/31 for sure. First post so this a actually a test only.

Comment

Thanks...I have secured a '28 tank!!

Comment

I go by the channel at the bottom of the instrument panel. The round speedo style is higher. This tank looked like the channel was lower on the tank. I can't tell the difference in the width between the reveals unless they are side by side. Even if I had a tape measure I'd get it wrong. My nick name is Ms. Measure. Depending on what I'm doing at the time sometimes I get called Ms Placed

Barb

Comment

Originally posted by Beauford View Post
                    Thanks...I have secured a '28 tank!!
                    That is great!!

Comment

Now that's a '28....
                      Last edited by Beauford; 05-12-2017, 08:42 AM.

Comment

28 and 29 have a screw on gas cap and the front of the tank has the brackets for the radiator support rods, as it is the upper firewall. The 30-31 tanks have a smooth front of the tank, as it sits behind the one piece firewall. A further complication is the early 30 commercial tank, which is built like a 28-29 tank, since the commercial bodies were held over 29 bodies until june of 30, but the gas cap is very often the quarter turn style cap, not screw on.
                        Bill
                        http://www.brauchauto.com/
                        Eastern Connecticut

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• copgib
                          Gas Tank
                          by copgib
                          For anyone who has changed out the gas tank in a Model A Coupe, how difficult was it? I am considering it but haven't decided for sure yet. I plan to change it out because the neck where the gas cap attaches to on mine is crushed. Don't know how this happened but it was like that when I got the car. Gas cap will fit but held on by maybe one thread. Hugh
                          12-07-2018, 01:32 PM
                        • Jim Mason
                          instrument panel
                          by Jim Mason
                          So what month(s) was this panel used? I know what page it's on in the standards, what's your take and why?

02-07-2018, 09:51 PM
                        • Poor Boy
                          Lower water pipe
                          by Poor Boy
                          Working on my 31 coupe and noticed that the lower water pipe does not fit and line up correctly with the bottom radiator outlet. The parts catalogues show different numbers for 28/29 and 30/31. I looked in my junk and found 3 rusty ones that I saved for the pet cocks. The angles of the bends are the same, but substantially different than the ill fitting one and will fit correctly. The pet cocks...
                          02-27-2019, 04:41 PM
                        • Ed H
                          Fire wall
                          by Ed H
                          Anyone know what yr this is?
                          07-10-2018, 04:39 PM
                        • Jim Mason
                          early 28 type A handle
                          by Jim Mason
                          This us a style A handle used in coupes, Tudors and a couple other bodies till May 28 although this is in a November 28 Tudor. ...
                          11-15-2018, 02:10 PM
                        • slammin
                          What does the kick panel cover
                          by slammin
                          I just finished installing my LogoLites turn signals. It was an easy task, and they work! My 29 Tudor came less interior. All the interior photos I have seen don't show the drivers side kick panel area from a low angle. If anyone has such a photo or could take and post one I would be grateful. I want to make sure all the wires will be hidden before I secure them. I ran all the wires through the clothe...
                          02-24-2018, 10:46 AM
                        • Gary Karr
                          Early '28 Fuel Tank differences
                          by Gary Karr
                          Here are interesting observations of very early '28 fuel tanks. The earliest pictured here has no vertical reinforcement ribs on the firewall side and as observed, no triangular support for the special hook that applies tension to the wire in the upper cowl lacing. Also to note is that there is just a round hole and not the elongated hole to direct tie wire down when the hook is tightened. This...
                          09-30-2018, 01:16 PM
                        • Supergnat
                          28 Fordor Leatherback gas tank installation problem
                          by Supergnat
                          I am attempting to install a replacement gas tnk in my Oct 28 Fordor Leatherback. I have the tank bolted to the cowl but am unable to fit the firewall piece that holds the sediment bulb and terminal box in place. The opening is about 1/4 inch too small. Does anyone have a suggestion to resolve this problem. I This panel was difficult to remove when I was trying to get the old tank out. I'm afrais...
                          05-25-2017, 12:52 PM
                        • wrndln
                          28/29 roadster top bow patterns/dimensions
                          by wrndln
                          Does anyone have patterns or dimensions for the three 28/29 roadster wood top bows? I have some repro wood bows I bought many years ago - maybe 30 ago years or so, but like most repro parts, I have concerns about whether they are the correct dimensions. Any help would be appreciated.
                          Rusty Nelson
                          12-11-2018, 05:22 PM
                        • Jim Mason
                          early 28 Tudor carpets
                          by Jim Mason
                          I find no mention of the color if the carpet in the standards. i do see that ill have to look into an edge binding to match my windlace.
                          What was the color or colors available?
                          02-16-2019, 08:03 PM
                        Working...
                        X