Clutch Disc F150 3spd w/OD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutch Disc F150 3spd w/OD

I need a Clutch Disc for the F150 Transmission Input Shaft. Need 9"dia, 10 teeth spline and 1 1/6" shaft to install with a Model A Clutch and Throw Out Bearing on Model A Flywheel.
    The hole for the Torsion Spring hub on the Model A Pressure Plate is 5" dia.
    Folks say use 86 TBird 2.3L 4cyl Turbo, but that hub is about 5 3/4" dia. Have learned that are using the Pressure Plate also.
    Appreciate your input.

? Have Ft Wayne clutch re-line it?

Comment

• Paul K.
      Paul K. commented
      Editing a comment
      Good thought tbirdtbird.. I tried a local brake/clutch re-builder and they refused to re-line it. Did not say why.

I think we got ours from Speedway motors,know it was 9" with 10 teeth to go with the 3 finger V8 clutch. The A vendor's plastic stock tranny alignment tool doesn't fit by the way.

Comment

• Paul K.
      Paul K. commented
      Editing a comment
      I contacted them plyfor, and they referred me to their source, RAM Clutches, Talked to Mark there. He said their center hubs were larger than 5".
      Last edited by Paul K.; 03-14-2018, 09:02 PM.

Try the Early Ford V8 (sales) Store in San Dimas , Ca. or Gaslight A parts in Ohio. The Early Ford store has the kits we've used also on later cars.. Our current set up is a V8 clutch, lightened flywheel, V8 pressure plate which perhaps matches your system.. I believe our throw out and pilot bearings were stock model A.
    Last edited by plyfor; 03-14-2018, 08:13 PM.

Comment

• Paul K.
      Paul K. commented
      Editing a comment
      Ok plyfor. I will call them tomorrow, Thanks.

Contact one of the guys that build the kits: Ken, Dave, Gary.
    Alaskan A's
    Antique Auto Mushers of Alaska
    Model A Ford Club of America
    Model A Restorers Club
    Antique Automobile Club of America
    Mullins Owners Club

Comment

I just went through this. contact [email protected] The clutch # is CDO-0924 I got the plastic alignment tool from Dave Delmue Last name probably not correct spelling. After I installed my engine I read about caged clutch springs, I don't know if this model has this feature so ask Mark. I would like to know too if you find out.

Comment

I'm running an F150 gearbox and it has a specially made clutch plate which frankly looks a bit Micky Mouse. However, at the time of installation I discovered that a 4 cylinder Ford Mustang clutch would do the trick. I would need to go back and do a bit of research on this one, but it was from a Mustang quite a few years ago?

Comment

• George Miller
          George Miller commented
          Editing a comment
          That is what I use.

4 banger mustang had to be the fox body 80's up to 93. Could be that bastard mustang 2 as well....

Comment

Guys, the 4 banger Mustang clutch won't work and as Paul stated in the first thread. He's running a Model A pressure plate and the 9" Mustang clutch won't work. He's looking for a 9" clutch plate that fits the F150 input shaft (1 1/4" x 10 spline) and also works with the Model A pressure plate, throwout bearing and flywheel.
          Last edited by AL in NY; 03-16-2018, 10:36 AM.

Comment

• George Miller
            George Miller commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm sorry but I running a F150 transmission and a Mustang clutch plate. I do not remember the year. Had it on the computer but it crashed and I lost it. The flywheel has been faced and a V8 pressure plate.

• AL in NY
            AL in NY commented
            Editing a comment
            George, that's the combination I'm running also. But Paul's question is about Model A pressure plate and flywheel.

Related Topics

Collapse

• canadian
          clutch chattter
          by canadian
          describe clutch chatter in a Model A. symptoms and sounds
          05-06-2019, 08:05 AM
        • Paul K.
          10 inch clutch disc on Mode; A Clutch
          by Paul K.
          Has anyone ran a 10 inch clutch disc on a 9 inch Model A Clutch? If so, any problems?...
          08-18-2018, 02:14 PM
        • Steve Plucker
          Converting MD Clutch to a SD Clutch system...
          by Steve Plucker
          Has anyone ever converted a Multi-Disc Clutch system to a Single Disc Clutch system on a 1928 Model A/AA Ford YET maintain that 1928 look on the outside of the chassis???

If so, just what is the procedure to do so?

Could it be wrote up to include in this fourm???

Thanks.

Pluck
          11-10-2018, 11:35 AM
        • Huff
          stiff clutch pedal
          by Huff
          I put A new 11" clutch and pressure plate in my 52 ford f1 and the clutch pedal pushes hard. The truck had a 11" clutch in it before and the pedal did not push hard but had bad clutch chatter.Throw out bearing is good and slides on the shaft free clutch pedal has new brass bushing every thing is lubricated all linkage is good. I would change to a 10" clutch but fly wheel is only drilled...
          07-04-2019, 03:11 PM
        • canadian
          clutch.
          by canadian
          clutch, I replaced clutch /brake pedal shaft and bushings. before replacement clutch was operating ok except that pedal wasn't straight . so now pedal is squared up , but clutch pedal is almost to the top of its travel before engagement . where do I start? fingers HAD been adjusted with Toms tool and recommendations. do I have to start with fingers again? 29 .
          04-01-2019, 04:47 PM
        • 40B1930
          Clutch Chatter Diagnosis
          by 40B1930
          After 60 miles of shake-down drives, I am hearing clutch disc chatter with the trans. in nuetral. When I press the clutch pedal in to the point where the slack is taken up the chatter stops. After driving the car for a few miles the chatter is gone (maybe the grease on the new throw-our bearing thins after warming)?
          1. All parts are new
          2. Clutch disc was centered
          3. Pressure plate...
          08-26-2018, 07:08 PM
        • Tgenardi
          Bad clutch??
          by Tgenardi
          Just purchased a 1930 Model A with a 1980 Jeep engine and 1939 transmission from what I was told. It may have an adapter between bell housing and transmission. When you put the clutch in, you can change gears, but the vehicle doesn't move. The previous owner said it just went out as she had other potential buyers test driving the vehicle. The clutch pedal is kind of soft.
          I'm looking for some...
          08-06-2018, 08:59 AM
        • canadian
          clutch adjustment.
          by canadian
          I have a 29 , all stock but 12 volt conversion. have just completed a 500 kilometre road test, back a year or so ago while assembling this project when it came to clutch I replaced disc and bearing . I made a finger adjustment tool as per Toms specs. everything operates smooth , no slippage . My issue is , seems like clutch pedal is off floor almost 1/2 to 3/4 of its travel to engage . by depressing...
          06-21-2018, 07:44 PM
        • Dennis
          Looking for a clutch disc.
          by Dennis
          I'm trying to help a fellow club member finding a captive spring clutch disc. Talking to people at the counter of local parts stores has been a lost exercise. Who of our vendors has anybody gotten a disc lately that had captive springs? The local A dealer has the cheapy stocked.
          02-12-2019, 06:20 PM
        • greenhornet
          Fort Wayne Clutch and pressure plate
          by greenhornet
          I question if anyone else ever received a rebuilt pressure plate from Fort Wayne for a Model A Ford and checked the clutch finger adjustment? I recently got one and was surprised to see how far off the measurement was.I really would not have even known that this measurement was off if it hadn't been written down in the Les Andrews book or the gauge that I obtained from Bratton's. Brattons gauge is...
          01-06-2019, 10:16 AM
        Working...
        X