Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Culture during the Model A Era."

Hey Mitch!!!! An addition to ponder....
    "Culture during the Model A Era." for the Model A Forum that would include almost everything that also happened, worn, included, seen, heard during the Model A era??????? Members post old photos now, advertisements and newspaper articles.

Think about it, don't lose any more sleep than necessary. It wasn't my idea so if you do lose sleep again don't blame me, I won't mention his name who's idea it is but he just returned from vacation and his initials are BudP.
    :rolling
    "Bullshit and Brilliance Comes with Age and Experience"

I like this idea - i have messaged mr apple several times about music and fashion and he gave me many wonderful links and tips. Its a very interesting era from prohibition to depression to slightly later dust bowl. Rural life vs city life was drastically different as well. Would be neat to hear from any members who lived it or stories from their parents as well! Since its cultural it doesnt necessarily have to be ford related. Maybe how they survived, were politics talked about?, dinner conversations, etc.
    Last edited by SeaSlugs; 03-05-2018, 04:39 PM.

Comment

• Apple Green Wheels Rule
      Apple Green Wheels Rule commented
      Editing a comment
      Nope, just the Model A Era....music, fashion, etc..................

Hey Bud!!!!! this bud's for you..............me and everyone that includes what surrounds Model A Fords when they drive it, park it, store it, !!!!!!! It's what's on the 'outside', none of that dirty oil and grease, grinding of bolts, belts and shafts!!!! The Great Gatsby stuff that also make babes swoon!!!!

Comment

• BudP
      BudP commented
      Editing a comment
      Way to go, Ed! I'll be posting pics of some of the 1930 stuff I got at auctions and off EBay and which I use as "staging props" when I show my 1930 Tudor.

Ways to put tunes into your A.

I use an Sony MP player with a Bluetooth JBL Charge 3. I have had other Bluetooth speakers but JBL has the sound that's needed to overcome any engine/auto noise. I mount the speaker with a Velcro strip center below the seat on the wood base, it's out of site and no one can see where the music is coming from. Both the MP player and Speaker have an 8 hour play charge.

Jazz and Blues (post-WWI/pre-WWII) 20's/30s is widely available off Amazon. Load them into the PC and download them into your MP player and you're good to go.

Some CDs are crap but here are some suggestions:

Any Boswell Sisters CD are great. They were the Andrew Sisters before there was the Andrew Sisters,

I'll have more recommendations later, I have about 40 CDs of the 20s/30s.
    Last edited by Apple Green Wheels Rule; 03-07-2018, 07:35 AM.

Comment

You can buy actual recordings of World Series games from the early 30s, World Title Boxing matches also.

Comment

Ruth Etting

Comment

Any volumes of CDs The Big Broadcast:

https://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&ke...sl_326vg05md_b

Comment

Early American Blues Singers Vol 1 and 2, "I Can't Be Satisfied"

(The real Blues of the Delta)

https://www.allmusic.com/album/i-can...y-mw0000619380

Comment

Here was the "That's All Gal" Annette Hanshaw

https://www.amazon.com/Annette-Hanshaw/e/B000AR8MAI

Comment

I drive therefore I'm free. Shirley Temple and some unknown man.
                You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                This gallery has 1 photos.
                Model A's and of course the famous AA's

Comment

Originally posted by pAAt View Post
                  I drive therefore I'm free. Shirley Temple and some unknown man.
                  That's me!!!!! :rolling

Comment

Another use for the MP player and speaker.

1926 Victrola .....although it doesn't work anymore, I take the front screen off, put the speaker inside, close it back up and turn on the MP player and I have 8 hours of era music in the kitchen.

Comment

1933 Silvertone (still works) that has been wired to the speaker from a CD player, turn them both on and it's like listening to the same music quality that once was.The fan is 1926.

Comment

Art deco purse from the 1930's. Hat pieces are representative of the early 1930's. Raggedy Ann is from the 1920's and is 3 feet tall. Girls clown doll is from about 1910: I purchased it from the great grand daughter of the original purchaser. Baseball is from the early 1940's. It is yellowed because it was painted with shellac to preserve it many years ago. Baseball glove is from the late 1930's. Tic-Tac-Toe game is contemporary but representative of children's games in the 1920's to present. Car is a 1930 Tudor and using these "props" was an idea taken from the seller.
                        This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Some more period apparel.
                          This gallery has 3 photos.
                          Model A's and of course the famous AA's

Comment

Daily life in the 1930's: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkAfjRolNCI

Comment

More 1930's environment: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BldBXjqqmI

Comment

Maureen O'Hara in the early 1940's

Comment

Here’s a film clip illustrating life in the twenties:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GtPkzqXKhQQ

Comment