Tool migration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tool migration

I spent this morning taking tools from my house garage to the polebarn. The house garage is heated so my Model A project spends it's winters there. My wife likes her TBird in the house garage so it is close and easy to use in the summer so the Model a goes back to the pole barn. Over the past couple of years I find that by the beginning of summer I have no flat bladed screw drivers in the pole barn and no phillips screw drivers in the garage. It might be time for more tools.

Can you have too many tools?
    You wana look waaay far up da road and plan yer route because the brakes are far more of a suggestion than a command!

Comment

Buy a good set!

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/snap-on-screwdriver-set

3 ~ Tudor's
      Henry Ford said
      "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Take it from someone that probably has less memory that you. Have at least three of everything. More of the important stuff. Life is too short to look for tools. They will show up anyway when the job is finished.

Comment

"WHY" do I look at Harbor Freight flyers????---I DON'T NEED NO TOOLS!
          Dad Addicted

Comment

Owning a Model A is only an excuse to buy more tools.

I also apply that same philosophy to "Honey Do" jobs.
            Last edited by CarlG; 07-06-2017, 12:32 PM.
            Alaskan A's
            Antique Auto Mushers of Alaska
            Model A Ford Club of America
            Model A Restorers Club
            Antique Automobile Club of America
            Mullins Owners Club

Comment

• Mitch
              Mitch commented
              Editing a comment
              My honey do jobs have been suspended since starting this forum. Just the other day i put the shower door handle back on that fell off 2 months ago. it took all of 3 minutes

I tossed most of my Craftsman and Stanley screwdrivers into a box in storage after buying Klien screwdrivers. Pricey, but much better than any other brand I have used. No need of lesser quality tools taking up space in the tool box. Rod
            Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• ClaudeC
              with Sears going bust, Craftesman tools too?, What is a good brand of tool
              by ClaudeC
              I tried to get a replacement for a broken craftsman ratchet, Loews won't replace..They sell only boxed sets. anyway maybe that is a sign of things to come. What is a good brand of tool? Snap on is just too expensive.
              10-17-2018, 04:59 PM
            • Jim Mason
              krw tools
              by Jim Mason
              I was just closing up the shop and saw my krw tools. i noticed I have two realitively hard to find tools the a386e shock cover spanner, the a368 rear hub gauge and the kd spring perch press. So what do you think of an era krw/5z/?? model A specific tool page? I'd like to see photos of the tools. Rod has a good collection for sale, btw. I've looked at the krw page and liked it, but a lot are later...
              11-02-2018, 02:10 PM
            • Mitch
              Model A special tools
              by Mitch
              We need to have a VFF free tool loaner program. The user pays shipping
              Folks can post the tools they have and locations

But what happens when it comes back in 2 pieces? Yikes
              01-04-2018, 05:54 PM
            • Bick in New Zealand
              Early Canadian Tools
              by Bick in New Zealand
              This is the tool set I have put together for a Model A (*CA 67*) built in the first month of Canadian production.
              01-25-2019, 09:42 PM
            • Dennis
              Differential tools
              by Dennis
              I spent the afternoon finishing up my differential tools. I gathered up some pieces from my scrap pile and tool box drawers, a few pieces I bought at Home Depot. I have a miniature lathe that I've used a lot over the years to turn out small pieces for special purpose tools. It came in real handy this time. I wanted to have the ability to check bearing preload and ring to pinion backlash, so there...
              01-05-2018, 02:11 AM
            • Tom Wesenberg
              Homemade Tools Shift Lever Spring Remover
              by Tom Wesenberg
              I just posted pictures and descriptions of 2 styles of tools I made to remove the shift lever springs in the CHASSIS section under Homemade Tools.

This is by far the best design for a shift lever spring remover tools, and it's not too hard to make.
              Vince posted a picture of this style years ago, and I like it better than my first 2 designs, so this is the one I use all the time...
              03-01-2018, 07:39 PM
            • Jamey E
              A little collection
              by Jamey E
              So, garage is not built yet, I have a 12x14 building for my tools. I thought I’d post a pic of one of my “Ford” walls. This includes some of my Ford tools, a couple Ford hubcaps, a pair of headlights, an A radiator shroud, A running board braces, a FoMoCo washer fluid bag, & some signage. So, what does your work space or collection look like???...
              07-26-2019, 10:09 PM
            • Ayyy
              Buying 'Made In USA' Tools From Grainger's? A Warning...
              by Ayyy
              With few exceptions, I go out of my way to buy USA tools over buying imports. When I use my tools on my cars, I need them to fit right and to last. Maybe you buy tools the same way..

I recently placed an order with Grainger's. The item illustration showed "Made In USA". When the item arrived it was "made in china". I called Grainger's on it. Basically they said, "the...
              05-02-2018, 04:26 PM
            Working...
            X