Tool migration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tool migration

I spent this morning taking tools from my house garage to the polebarn. The house garage is heated so my Model A project spends it's winters there. My wife likes her TBird in the house garage so it is close and easy to use in the summer so the Model a goes back to the pole barn. Over the past couple of years I find that by the beginning of summer I have no flat bladed screw drivers in the pole barn and no phillips screw drivers in the garage. It might be time for more tools.

Can you have too many tools?
    You wana look waaay far up da road and plan yer route because the brakes are far more of a suggestion than a command!

Comment

Buy a good set!

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/snap-on-screwdriver-set

3 ~ Tudor's
      Henry Ford said
      "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Take it from someone that probably has less memory that you. Have at least three of everything. More of the important stuff. Life is too short to look for tools. They will show up anyway when the job is finished.

Comment

"WHY" do I look at Harbor Freight flyers????---I DON'T NEED NO TOOLS!
          Dad Addicted

Comment

Owning a Model A is only an excuse to buy more tools.

I also apply that same philosophy to "Honey Do" jobs.
            Last edited by CarlG; 07-06-2017, 01:32 PM.
            Alaskan A's
            Antique Auto Mushers of Alaska
            Model A Ford Club of America
            Model A Restorers Club
            Antique Automobile Club of America
            Mullins Owners Club

Comment

• Mitch
              Mitch commented
              Editing a comment
              My honey do jobs have been suspended since starting this forum. Just the other day i put the shower door handle back on that fell off 2 months ago. it took all of 3 minutes

I tossed most of my Craftsman and Stanley screwdrivers into a box in storage after buying Klien screwdrivers. Pricey, but much better than any other brand I have used. No need of lesser quality tools taking up space in the tool box. Rod
            Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• ClaudeC
              with Sears going bust, Craftesman tools too?, What is a good brand of tool
              by ClaudeC
              I tried to get a replacement for a broken craftsman ratchet, Loews won't replace..They sell only boxed sets. anyway maybe that is a sign of things to come. What is a good brand of tool? Snap on is just too expensive.
              10-17-2018, 05:59 PM
            • BudP
              Ford Model A Tools Buying
              by BudP
              Thought I would share my experiences of this year with Model A tool buying. By way of introduction I have several Model A's. All with the exception of one I bought from Mitch's friend (Mitch was the mechanic) did not run. I finished my last major repair job in Jan, 2020 with the rebuild of a transmission and was looking forward to a summer of driving Model A's. COVID happened and as the only...
              08-03-2020, 04:59 PM
            • Steve Plucker
              Frk Mossberg Antique tools
              by Steve Plucker
              Does anyone collect Frank Mossberg Antique tools?

Pluck
              06-06-2020, 12:15 AM
            • Poor Boy
              Tools - how presented
              by Poor Boy
              Good morning. There is quite a bit of information and documentation on the correct tools for the Model A and the variations from year to year. My question is, how were they presented to the new owner when he purchased the car at the dealership. Would they have been in the tool bag under the seat? Would they be rattling around loose? Would they have been packaged and kept in the stockroom for...
              10-22-2019, 08:21 AM
            • Jim Mason
              krw tools
              by Jim Mason
              I was just closing up the shop and saw my krw tools. i noticed I have two realitively hard to find tools the a386e shock cover spanner, the a368 rear hub gauge and the kd spring perch press. So what do you think of an era krw/5z/?? model A specific tool page? I'd like to see photos of the tools. Rod has a good collection for sale, btw. I've looked at the krw page and liked it, but a lot are later...
              11-02-2018, 03:10 PM
            • Mitch
              Model A special tools
              by Mitch
              We need to have a VFF free tool loaner program. The user pays shipping
              Folks can post the tools they have and locations

But what happens when it comes back in 2 pieces? Yikes
              01-04-2018, 06:54 PM
            • STEBS
              Specialty tools...
              by STEBS
              So with working on these early models, like any other car/truck I work on daily, I find myself needing specialty tools that I end up investing in to have and use.

I've already been shopping around for a banjo hub puller, although I have ideas on modifying an extra pitman arm puller I have. But I've been looking into spring spreaders, which got me to thinking...

In doing the...
              02-04-2020, 10:22 PM
            • Bick in New Zealand
              Early Canadian Tools
              by Bick in New Zealand
              This is the tool set I have put together for a Model A (*CA 67*) built in the first month of Canadian production.
              You do not have permission to view this gallery.
              This gallery has 13 photos.
              01-25-2019, 10:42 PM
            Working...
            X