Flax Water Bags for your Model A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flax Water Bags for your Model A

I thought someone was wanting one of these water bags recently.
    Is Colorado a foreign country?
    The bag says "Imported" and "Made in Colorado".

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Minn...3D152600195318

Perhaps the flax is imported.
    Bill
    http://www.brauchauto.com/
    Eastern Connecticut

Comment

• Fred S
      Fred S commented
      Editing a comment
      I think Tom knew that and was being humorous.

I have several Flax water bags made by Pueblo Tent & Awning, including one for Mountain Bell. None of mine say imported

Comment

Would I drink water frum an OLD second hand BAG?---I'm NOT ready to DIE, yet!--The Dog: agrees, "WHO'D FEED ME"??
      Bill Old

Comment

• Mitch
        Mitch commented
        Editing a comment
        that's funny shit

I have that exact bag and I think the Flax is imported. Kinda smells like Chinesezium.
      You wana look waaay far up da road and plan yer route because the brakes are far more of a suggestion than a command!

Comment

My dad had one of these old water bags when I was in grade school, and he hung it on the front of his 54 Ford Country Squire when we went on a long trip.

That was the only time I recall seeing that bag, and I don't know what happened to it.

Comment

• BILL WILLIAMSON
          BILL WILLIAMSON commented
          Editing a comment
          Tom,
          Once saw a street person with one on his back & a plastic hose coming out of the lid. His back was wet from the "normal" bag seepage. It was HOT & he made booties for his Dog, using SILVER Duct Tape!! (NICE MAN!)
          Bill W.

Here's another water bag that ends in a couple hours. It looks nice with bright colors.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HIRSCH-WEIS-...19.m1438.l2649

Comment

• DaWizard
          DaWizard commented
          Editing a comment
          Heh, looks like all the Flax was imported, these guys use it too.

FLAX seed makes LINSEED OIL.
        Bill Oily

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• BNCHIEF
          Water wetter and rain x
          by BNCHIEF
          This product called water wetter looks like it would be a good product to use in our model a's https://www.redlineoil.com/product.aspx?pid=74&pcid=10

How many use rain-x how does it work in conjunction with your wipers also does it help wiper blades keep from squeaking?
          08-23-2017, 06:58 AM
        • Bob C
          Short Water Pump
          by Bob C
          Anybody know what this water pump could be for? I thought maybe an overhead conversion but I can't find any that use a pump like this.
          06-20-2018, 12:12 PM
        • 29er
          What Maintenance on Leakless Water Pumps?
          by 29er
          Since I've got to install a new head gasket and will have the water pump off anyway, is there any maintenance to be done on leakless water pumps? This water pump has about 5,000 miles on it and has functioned without problems. As far as I know, all the bearings are sealed, and other than cleaning it and adding a new gasket there's not much to do, right? How many miles have you guys gotten out of leakless...
          05-08-2017, 09:29 PM
        • Art Ebeling
          Water stain on seat
          by Art Ebeling
          I put my rear seat in after picking it up at the upholster and it has a large water stain or water ring. How can I remove that water mark?
          03-04-2018, 05:35 PM
        • carolinamudwalker
          cooling, see if this works
          by carolinamudwalker
          http//rmaford.org/wp-content/blogs.dir/396/files/2012/01/cooling_system_seminar_presentation_final.pdf
          06-17-2018, 04:29 PM
        • Jim Mason
          fan blades water pumps
          by Jim Mason
          How many fan blade designs were used originally on the Model A? How can they be told apart. What months and years were they used? What was the finish?
          How many water pump designs? Any specs that need to be met? Finishes?
          Any other details?
          06-22-2018, 10:31 AM
        • Apple Green Wheels Rule
          Coolant/water usage?
          by Apple Green Wheels Rule
          How much does your A use up of water/coolant say on a 150 mile trip?
          04-29-2018, 06:43 PM
        • BNCHIEF
          Cooling and block treatment Question
          by BNCHIEF
          Mitch I looked at your link for thermocare my engine had been rebuilt and tanked but i am sue it is not like new if one uses the thermocare i assume you drain the anti-freeze add this product and distilled water and drive the car .
          How long and then you drain and flush it out and put back in the 50/50 antifreeze mix.
          What about water wetter
          What can you add that will keep rust ...
          08-21-2017, 06:25 AM
        • tbirdtbird
          One method to clean a water jacket
          by tbirdtbird
          The pix are self explanatory. Be very careful working with lye, keep it off your skin and eyes. I bolt the adapter I made to the inlet with a copper gasket. I carefully fill the water jacket to about an inch from the top with a strong lye solution. The lye gives off lots of heat when mixed, use cold water and mix it up little by little. Let it sit in the block for a week. The head is off, obviously....
          07-11-2017, 10:33 AM
        • 01A
          Thermosyphon cooling system
          by 01A
          I have read that the Model A has a Thermosyphon cooling system, even though it does have a water pump. I read where the clearance allows water to pass the water pump impeller if the pump were not operational. So if you had a fan belt break or some other issue that you had to run the car without the water pump operational, still mounted on the motor but not spinning, would the thermosyphon action work...
          06-01-2018, 02:59 PM
        Working...
        X