See less

Won't be long

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right now concrete is $128.per yard in this area.(Ed and I live in the same area) There is no minimum delivery amount for yardage,but,if it is LTL,(less than load) there is a $290.delivery fee.Full load is considered 10 yards.I paid $674.for 3 yards in October.There are no such thing as side guys here anymore.There haven't been any out of work building trade guys around here for the last 5-6 years.It is no longer side work,it is just work,and they can get full price for it.Now if you can get some warm bodies with strong backs you can learn how it;s done and take care of it yourself.You have plenty of time to figure what you want to do.You won't be doing any pouring or paving in the cold.

Comment

Thank you keith.

Comment

As some may remember I discussed using asphalt on my barn floor. After some discussion I was convinced to look into concrete.
        I contacted Pepin Concrete today, they are well known in the area as being fair priced and quality product.

I was advised if not too much work involved they would prep an pour a 24x30 floor for $1500. i was some what surprised at the price. I thought it would be be more .

Thanks for putting me on the right track. Will be going forward with the project mid spring.
        Last edited by Ed H; 03-01-2018, 04:15 PM.

Comment

• tbirdtbird
          tbirdtbird commented
          Editing a comment
          very good price, grab it!

A few years ago most of the guys I know were getting $100.per yard,prep,place,and finish plus materials.So I'm sure it has gone up a little,concrete workers are at a premium right now.The prices you will get from the concrete finishers will be for their work,a lot of times they won't quote a price material included until the day of the pour.There are a few houses up the road from me that have been sold but are waiting for occupancy permits.The floors haven't been poured yet.not many want to handle concrete when there are so many other jobs around that pay the same that are easier on the body.You have to do the rough grading,get the whole thing within 1/4 inch before they come.You can figure your own yardage,just remember a yard does 56 square feet of flatwork at 6 inches,and a yard does 80 square feet at 4 inches.1/2 inch off up or down on the grade can make a big difference in yardage.

Comment

if funds are a problem,pour enough for the car. use 3/4 rubber barn mats for the rest of the area.tractor supply about 40 bucks each. just another thought

Comment

Originally posted by bambooboy View Post
            if funds are a problem,pour enough for the car. use 3/4 rubber barn mats for the rest of the area.tractor supply about 40 bucks each. just another thought
            Thank you

Comment

What size are the barn mats? That sounds like a good idea for some of my storage.

I'd lay plastic down before the concrete pour. Even in my Roundtop tent garage, I layed 2 layers of 8 mil plastic, then 3/4" plywood, then covered it with free carpet, and it stays nice and dry inside.

Comment

• tbirdtbird
                tbirdtbird commented
                Editing a comment
                Tom, I used some of those barn mats back east and they are very rugged.
                Can't recall the exact size, but about 4' x 6'

t bird right 4x6. they are made in canada from recyled tires. heavy, i move using heavy c clamps

Comment

Working...
              X