Front Motor Mount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front Motor Mount

I replaced the springs and spring plate under the front motor mount. I installed the new plate and leather washer and there is a void about a 1/8" left over between the spring plate and bottom of the mount. Is this correct and I did not notice the space before. I have tried 2 different springs and plate from 2 different venders. It seems like the bottom of the mount, leather washer and spring plate should be snug to each other. Any information would be helpful.
    Thanks Ed

Ed, WELCOME to the VFF!!

I am wondering if this dimension is taken with the motor fully attached and let down off the floor jack, because it might be you have things correct. If you only tightened the center nut enough to get the cotter pin through, there should be some gap for movement. I don't remember how much, but there should be room to move.
    You wana look waaay far up da road and plan yer route because the brakes are far more of a suggestion than a command!

Comment

Are you using the brass washer or the steel washer? With the new outside springs that will support the front of the motor creating a small gap. Use the bottom nut to adjust the mount but only tighten it like the Wiz mentioned
      4~ Tudor's
      1~ Coupe

Henry Ford said,
      "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Thanks for the information. Mitch I am using the brass washer. I

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Mickey
          Front motor support??
          by Mickey
          The repair kit from Brattons contains a brass "washer" and a hard rubber washer. Are either of those used on a 30-31 A? If not that leaves the mount, 3 springs and a nut with cotter pin. Anything else needed?
          12-21-2017, 10:02 AM
        • hudson32700
          1931 Model A front motor mount
          by hudson32700
          Was the stepped brass washer replaced by a steel washer?
          01-09-2020, 05:22 PM
        • wrndln
          Front engine mount question
          by wrndln
          I have a question about the front engine mount for late 28 and 29 model A's. It appears that there is a leather washer used under the foot of the front engine mounting yoke. I have all the parts except the leather washer. I have a leather piece Doc Kalinka gave me some time ago he had leftover from making some gas cap washers that I might be able to use for the front motor mount leather washer....
          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 1 photos.
          09-15-2018, 02:29 PM
        • wrndln
          Front engine yoke leather washer
          by wrndln
          I was looking through Bratton's catalog and stumbled onto a leather washer they said was used on the front engine yoke to crossmember. The Service bulletins don't show a leather washer used anywhere. It does seem like a leather washer might make the engine to front crossmember a little less harsh for vibrations. Is a leather washer washer used on the front yoke?
          Rusty Nelson
          08-27-2018, 05:39 PM
        • fmr187
          Front backing plate bolt question
          by fmr187
          Getting ready to reassemble the front brakes and I see that my front backing plate bolts have a washer on them. Looking at the assembly diagrams and parts catalogs there is no washer shown. Should there be a washer on the bolts or not? And if yes, which side of backing plate would I put it? Inside or outside with castle nut?
          01-24-2020, 03:56 PM
        • canadian
          front engine mount
          by canadian
          Looking for specs on front engine mount springs, I remember reading it here . 1929 yoke type.
          05-13-2019, 06:55 PM
        • dmaxweb
          Front Motor Mount Springs
          by dmaxweb
          Do any of the vendors sell the correct (length and compression) front motor mount springs?
          03-11-2022, 06:48 AM
        • Cape Codder
          FRONT MOTOR MOUNT YOKE BOLT
          by Cape Codder
          Can I say that this is installed incorrectly OR is it a '29 Frame due to the size of the hole? If the bushing is required is it installed from the top of cross member? I know the cotter pins are removed as I am removing the Front Spring.

A Ten Leaf spring is correct for a '30 Fordor ?...
          04-19-2021, 02:37 PM
        • Jedmundcars
          Front Motor Mount
          by Jedmundcars
          Noticed yesterday that the passenger side spring on the front motor mount appears to be leaning toward the rear of the truck. Don't know yet if it is broken, installed improperly or what. Looking at tech articles seems like a simple removal of 2 bolts and bottom nut. Probably block the engine in place. Loosen up the rear L/R engine mounts? Generator might make it tight on drivers side. Going to start...
          10-06-2020, 09:23 AM
        • dmaxweb
          Lock Washer or Les Blooper?
          by dmaxweb
          Red Book page 1-278, section 2 refers to using a lock washer on the front spring center(tie) bolt. Is that correct? I've not seen a lock washer used there but I assume it wouldn't hurt.
          Thoughts?...
          01-07-2021, 03:58 PM
        Working...
        X