Copper tab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copper tab

I have a strange copper tab with what looks like a rubber cover slipped over the end. It is attached to one of the screws on the middle hinge of the driver door on the 30 tudor farm car. I can see no evidence of a wire and the thing makes no sense to me electrically as why have rubber on one end when the other is attached directly to the body. It appears it is suppose to do something when the door is closed or opened but what? Everything in that area seems to be unaltered, no other holes. Any idea what this could have been?
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Maybe some sort of an anti-rattle device. Looks very OLD.

Comment

• Sunnybrook Farm
      Sunnybrook Farm commented
      Editing a comment
      I never thought of that, I guess I was thinking copper and electricity. It would be positioned right where the henge comes together though.

That is an old time anti rattler, sold by auto supply stores like western auto and montgomery ward way back then.
    Bill
    http://www.brauchauto.com/
    Eastern Connecticut

Comment

• Sunnybrook Farm
      Sunnybrook Farm commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, It doesn't work! Ha, well maybe it does, the rattles could be worse I guess.

Related Topics

Collapse

• Grit Kid
    Door striping
    by Grit Kid
    Below is a photo of where I just removed the old door stripping. It was hard and rotted. I thought it was time to replace it but....didn't find anything like that on Snyders so I was thinking, was there such a strip for weather/sound proofing or was this a previous owners addition? The stripping was only along the door edge, not the bottom or upper edges.

Ed

05-22-2017, 10:01 AM
  • JohnB15632
    Door stops
    by JohnB15632
    Well, I have come to another area that I have no idea how to handle. These door stops look ratty to me. Since I am trying to make the A look good, I think that these stops should be replaced. My problem is that I have no idea how to remove the old one, nor do I know how to install new ones.
    Would anyone out there be able to give me information on this problem?
    Thanks,
    This gallery has 2 photos.
    01-26-2019, 05:21 PM
  • Terry, NJ
    Any body got a solution? (Body work)
    by Terry, NJ
    "Give a man a good fitup and you get a nice weld!" Words I live by! So what was I thinking when I was fitting this patch panel? Actually the fit up was good. It was the location that wasn't correct. It hangs down below the bottom about 1/4 of an inch under the door. I've got it all-round and Bondoed in. The job came out nice too. However, the only "real" way I know how to fix it...
    This gallery has 1 photos.
    05-15-2019, 03:08 PM
  • Poor Boy
    Door upholstery pockets
    by Poor Boy
    Good morning guys. My 31coupe has an older upholstery kit in it which is still in very good usable shape. The one place that is a bit shabby is the two door pockets. The elastic at the opening on both of them has failed and they hang loose and baggy. Has anyone had success in repairing it without totally dismantling the door panels. I do not have access to a heavy enough sewing machine to restitch...
    04-27-2019, 06:30 AM
  • 30Pickemup
    Door Bumpers on a Pickup
    by 30Pickemup
    I’m going to adjusting the cab to fit the doors and the hood now that everything is painted.
    My issue now is to not chip the paint in the process - so I thought it would be a good idea to install the door bumpers to protect the cab and the doors.

I have the parts shown in the pictures - as the door bumper kit. (I put captions under them)
    I figured out where the top corner...
    This gallery has 4 photos.
    02-18-2018, 06:52 PM
  • Beauford
    Stanchion rubber
    by Beauford
    Any one know the slot the rubber gasket goes in? With the shield closed it looks like to would be in the outside groove but there is the middle one as well. Is the rubber when shield is closed on the outside or inside of shield? I would assume out?? What the hell I know...
    08-21-2017, 08:00 PM
  • copgib
    Question on door closing on Model A
    by copgib
    My vehicle doors do not close like they should, I have to slam the doors shut. It is a 1930 Model A Coupe and I haven't touch the doors yet. I was wondering if it could just be the latches or do you think the doors need to be realined. Then the next question would be, do I have a body shop fix the problem or is it something me and my mechanic could tackle. Thanks Hugh
    12-24-2018, 10:20 PM
  • Logan
    180A B pillar rubbers
    by Logan
    Does anyone know where I can find the 3 rubber pieces for each b pillar cover for the 180A? I called A&L and they said a later model ford door post rubber fits the holes, but he couldn’t remember the models... anybody have a clue?

Thanks,
    Logan...
    10-18-2019, 12:38 PM
  • Supergnat
    Bent hinges - DUMB MISTAKE
    by Supergnat
    I am really embarrassed to write this but I desperate need of advice. I accidentally drove my 28 Fordor Leatherback into the garage with the driver side rear door open. The door caught on the edge of the garage opening molding and bent the door back over the rear fender. I was able to straighten the edge of the door where it contacted the fender but the door will not close anymore. The upper and...
    03-14-2018, 06:27 AM
  • albjerryg
    Door aligment
    by albjerryg
    Having trouble aligning passenger door so it will close properly. I tried flowing the manual but it gone from bad to worse. I had an idea of losing the screws on the hinge door side then closing the door with the screws loose so the door will fit correctly. I gotten that far and door fit good now I need to get in the car with the door close and tighten the hinge screws. Does that sound crazy??????...
    06-28-2019, 04:42 PM
Working...
X