Cylinder Head info needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cylinder Head info needed

hello, i search informations on a ford model A aluminum head....it's not a speed parts!
    Thank you for your experiences!
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.

That may be aluminum, but the combustion chamber looks just like stock to me. I would say it is a stock head made by an aftermarket company.

Also, it is good to know you made it back home ok. Glad to see you posting here.

J.C.
    You wana look waaay far up da road and plan yer route because the brakes are far more of a suggestion than a command!

Comment

Welcome gegebanger to the VFF!!
      4~ Tudor's
      1~ Coupe

Henry Ford said,
      "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Looks like for the small bore english engine. The AF engine block is on top, you can see the smaller cylinders compared to the standard block on the bottom.

Bob
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Bob C; 02-05-2018, 03:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by gegebanger View Post
          hello, i search informations on a ford model A aluminum head....it's not a speed parts!
          Thank you for your experiences!
          That is a replacement head for a small bore English Model AF engine.
          I do not believe it is original Ford because it is aluminum instead of iron.
          Also it has smaller 18mm or 14mm spark plugs, whereas the original Ford AF head used 7/8-18 inch spark plugs.

Comment

ok thank you JC, BOB, and JR

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• DaWizard
              Rowe Block
              by DaWizard
              Ok, in the tear down of the current customers engine that I started today I have found some interesting tags. Mainly a tag stating "Original engine out of '30. Rowe Block" or "Roe Block".

It has a nicely counter balanced crank(Bolt on & welded), B cam and since I don't yet have the head off, from the bottom looks like some nice aluminum pistons. Pictures to follow....
              07-23-2019, 10:17 AM
            • DaWizard
              How much can I remove?
              by DaWizard
              The engine I got has some serious pitting on the top of the block. I would like to know just how much surface I can remove to get rid of that pitting?

I am thinking most of you will say just find another block or engine, and I might do that depending on what my surfacer says it will cost me. We will see.
              02-27-2018, 06:48 PM
            • Brent
              Head Off - What do you see?
              by Brent
              I was getting a good amount of seepage around the head so I pulled it yesterday to replace the gasket. Before putting the head back on, I wanted to check with the group. Do you see anything of concern? Aside from a little bit of clean up, should I be doing anything else? Compression readings were 44, 50, 47, 49.

Thanks,
              Brent
              This gallery has 3 photos.
              03-17-2019, 07:01 AM
            • ClaudeC
              Aluminum head saver
              by ClaudeC
              Hi guys, it has been a while that I have been on this board.
              Can't remember what I supposed to install to save the aluminum head from decomposing.
              I think I asked this question before, but have forgotten just what I did. Is there something you can add to the antifreeze to do this?
              03-23-2019, 07:09 PM
            • bettlesr
              Block or head layout
              by bettlesr
              I am looking for a drawing of the stud locations vs the center line of the cylinder bores. I have a Winfield 7:1 crow's foot head that I need to have flycut to clear the pistons that stick up .062" above the block. I have been using a standard gasket, a solid copper gasket and then another standard gasket. That is not really working well at this time. It left me with a crack between the water...
              08-08-2018, 11:26 AM
            • JDupuis
              Markings on Model A head
              by JDupuis
              Putting a rebuilt engine together.
              This head is standard, but must have been aftermarket.
              Note the different castings....
              This gallery has 4 photos.
              01-05-2019, 10:14 AM
            • 29FordRoadster
              Valve Clearances for a Crager Head
              by 29FordRoadster
              Will someone please tell me the valve clearances on a Cragar head on a Model A engine.
              02-06-2019, 09:53 AM
            • DaWizard
              Winfield 7:1 head
              by DaWizard
              Need to know what plug to use on Winfield 7:1 Model A head, anyone out here have a clue?
              05-04-2019, 04:45 PM
            • 1930artdeco
              head studs
              by 1930artdeco
              Ok I am looking for a consensus about this. When I built this engine years ago I installed grade 8 head studs as I added the 5.5 head. Now, I am assuming they are still good as I only have about 10-15k on the engine. But what did Ford use originally with the high comp heads grade 5 or 8?

Mike
              01-31-2019, 06:48 PM
            • Cape Codder
              Low Power
              by Cape Codder
              I have just returned from the Model A New England Meet at Lake George, N.Y.
              My problem was climbing some of those hills out there. I climbed several in 2nd although only doing 20-23 M.P.H. at high R.P.M. (no tack but I could tell).
              I climbed one at only 18 M.P.H. because I couldn't get the transmission in 2nd.

I haven't checked my differential ration yet, but other than...
              09-26-2018, 08:50 PM
            Working...
            X