A couple of quick (temporary) fixes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A couple of quick (temporary) fixes

1. choke rod rattle: rotate upper grommet at dash 1/4 or more turn to eliminate uneven wear.
    2. repro LED (plastic) tail lights: stainless doors don't fit perfectly; add a 2nd lens door gasket so as not to have to trim plastic (see vendors' acknowledgment in catalogues)

DON'T slam your doors TOO HARD & create MORE RATTLES!
    Sit STILL & don't wear out your EXPENSIVE Seats.
    Don't rest your arm on the DOOR & wear off the PAINT.
    Don't carry 900 things on your KEYRING.
    Clean the Dog Crap from yo' shoes, before entering.
    Push in the DIPSTICK, FULLY, before posting a "NEW OIL LEAK"????
    Turn on the GAS VALVE, before posting a "NO START".
    Dad Perfect

Comment

• canadian
      canadian commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey Dad , don't forget to make sure your windshield is wet before operating wiper/wipers.. and never use your horn until the Blondes smile first...Love your sense of humour, thanks for the laugh I needed one.

Rotate your round hood bumpers 180 degrees to give the latches fresh uncompressed rubber to rest on
    4~ Tudor's
    1~ Coupe

Henry Ford said,
    "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

• plyfor
      plyfor commented
      Editing a comment
      good idea; however, we replaced the SW 31 triangle shapes from years of service because they're were imprints left in the paint.

What about the white tie straps to hold the front bumper? Or is this one too soon? Jeff
    Twiss Collector Car Parts

Comment

• Mitch
      Mitch commented
      Editing a comment
      Put the locking mechanism on the backside out of view. It will look much better that way.

Pour cat litter on the garage floor until you get that leaky (_____fill-in-the-blank_____) fixed.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Tom Wesenberg
      Sedan Doors Hard to Open
      by Tom Wesenberg
      When I stopped by Mark's house the other day, he showed me an interesting problem on his sedan. The doors shut fine, but when he tried to turn the handle to open the front doors, it was hard to turn. I rolled the front door windows down and was able to squirt oil on the mechanism inside the door. This was all that was needed to fix the problem. But for the rear doors, even with the windows all the...
      05-06-2018, 12:33 PM
    • Bill G
      Footman loops
      by Bill G
      I didn't want to hijack another thread so I started this one. My 29 Tudor had no footman's loops with it when I bought the car almost three years ago. During this restoration, I got a hold of the rather thick rubber loops that all the vendors sell. They are certainly going to hold that door from flying open, but they are so thick and un-pliable that they really get in the way of my feet when I...
      05-13-2020, 01:53 PM
    • P. Crosby
      Door Dove Tail Rubber Bumpers and Metal Clip
      by P. Crosby
      I think I found my answer looking at Val and Mark's Roadster pictures. In the door is the two rubber bumpers and the metal clip that retains them that mates with the dove tail when closed. Where they assembled and then painted or assembled after the door was painted. Val's looked unpainted. I just want to be sure that was also the case on a coupe and tudor door. Thanks for your help. Paul Cr...
      04-09-2018, 08:49 PM
    • Grit Kid
      Door striping
      by Grit Kid
      Below is a photo of where I just removed the old door stripping. It was hard and rotted. I thought it was time to replace it but....didn't find anything like that on Snyders so I was thinking, was there such a strip for weather/sound proofing or was this a previous owners addition? The stripping was only along the door edge, not the bottom or upper edges.

Ed

05-22-2017, 10:01 AM
    • JohnB15632
      Door stops
      by JohnB15632
      Well, I have come to another area that I have no idea how to handle. These door stops look ratty to me. Since I am trying to make the A look good, I think that these stops should be replaced. My problem is that I have no idea how to remove the old one, nor do I know how to install new ones.
      Would anyone out there be able to give me information on this problem?
      Thanks,
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 2 photos.
      01-26-2019, 05:21 PM
    • Beauford
      Stanchion rubber
      by Beauford
      Any one know the slot the rubber gasket goes in? With the shield closed it looks like to would be in the outside groove but there is the middle one as well. Is the rubber when shield is closed on the outside or inside of shield? I would assume out?? What the hell I know...
      08-21-2017, 08:00 PM
    • Blown Gasket
      Adjusting doors on a roaster
      by Blown Gasket
      In my roaster the drivers side door requires a turn of the handle to close and latch. The hinges in both doors are good and on the passenger side the door shuts fine. The alignment looks better on the drivers side with about an eights inch space at the top and it is even with the rear pillar. On the passenger side the door sits closer to the rear pillar and there is no gap. From reading the red book...
      02-11-2021, 09:30 AM
    • copgib
      Question on door closing on Model A
      by copgib
      My vehicle doors do not close like they should, I have to slam the doors shut. It is a 1930 Model A Coupe and I haven't touch the doors yet. I was wondering if it could just be the latches or do you think the doors need to be realined. Then the next question would be, do I have a body shop fix the problem or is it something me and my mechanic could tackle. Thanks Hugh
      12-24-2018, 10:20 PM
    • JohnB15632
      Painting project for a 31 Fordor TS
      by JohnB15632
      In 2019, I am planning on painting my 31 4D TS. There is a whole lot that I need to accomplish first. I am going to strip the entire body, prime the entire body, and then final paint.
      My question today, when it comes to priming and painting, do I paint with the doors on, or should remove the doors and paint the doors separately?
      At a class I took at a Votech school, the instructor thought...
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 1 photos.
      12-08-2018, 03:11 PM
    • 1930 Closed Cab PU
      Door Bumper rubber squeak.
      by 1930 Closed Cab PU
      Both top door bumpers on my CC pickup squeak loudly on bumps.

Have tried silicon spray, and white lithium spray on them, but squeak return after a couple of days. Doors shut tight and do not rattle.

What to use, or different course of action?
      07-30-2019, 08:28 PM
    Working...
    X