Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demo Day, My Build

Day one of my journey started today!
    Last edited by dmdeaton; 01-27-2018, 11:49 PM.

Attached Files

Comment

Well, I'd say you are off to a good start. Keep up the info and pictures.
      VFF Recruiter

YOU JUST CAN'T FIX STUPID!!

"Individual Results May Vary"

Comment

Where are you headed on this journey?

Comment

Not a full restoration. I am rebuilding her mechanically. Make it a good driver, nothing that cannot be reversed. Spruced up A motor, T5 transmission, steering and suspension rebuild. I have 16 inch wires with some new Firestones.

Fuel tank is loose, but need to loosen the filler strip. Tomorrow tank should be out. Pretty cruddy inside and smells like varnish. I have 2 spare tanks and need to see which is best of the 3, then send off to get restored.

Comment

Check this out. Looks like the lunar lander.

Last edited by dmdeaton; 01-28-2018, 12:23 AM.

Comment

• DaWizard
              DaWizard commented
              Editing a comment
              Just another example of a farmer fix.

• JDupuis
              JDupuis commented
              Editing a comment
              That's cool! Jeff

I see you have the proper tool out, a nice new ball peen hammer. This will be a great thread, love the pics so far.
            That tinfoil has been in there for some time, you might be able to sell it on eBay.
            2 1930 Tudors

Henry Ford said
            "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

• dmdeaton
              dmdeaton commented
              Editing a comment
              Both reflectors are like that, with parts of rag curled up and pinched between lenses and housing. I also found a rag curled and stuffed under the windshield to keep draft out.

My tool of choice so far has been my impact screwdriver. It really saved the day breaking all the tank screws loose.

Comment

• Mitch
              Mitch commented
              Editing a comment
              Good move on the impact driver. My Inductor is also very handy for things like this

The wood still looks really good after some close inspection. I see a little punk in the back corners on the frame on the subrails. Debating replacing the bottom stuff, might open a can of worms. I have been building wood boats for some time now and know how this goes. How big a job would this be?
            Last edited by dmdeaton; 01-28-2018, 08:29 AM.

Comment

• Beauford
              Beauford commented
              Editing a comment
              I'd spray it with some stuff I think is called "stop rot". Depends on how purist you are but Bondo wood is great. Don't shoot me...LOL

• dmdeaton
              dmdeaton commented
              Editing a comment
              I have thinned epoxy to almost water and it soaks into the wood the stiffen up the loose stuff. In a boat its always a temp fix. What did Henry coat the wood parts with from the factory?

Are you going open or closed driveline with the T-5?

Bob

Comment

• dmdeaton
              dmdeaton commented
              Editing a comment
              open

Kicked my butt today, but tank is out and 1 fender is off. Took head off just for grins, thought it might lighten the load when pulling. No sleeves, hope this is a good block.

Comment

• DaWizard
              DaWizard commented
              Editing a comment
              Put the head back on unless you are pulling the motor by hand, you will need the plug holes to pull the motor.

• dmdeaton
              dmdeaton commented
              Editing a comment
              I realize that after I pulled it. I tried finding the studs that lined up with Stipes bracket.

They make an epoxy wood reconditioner, 2-part, that you can saturate slightly punky wood with. I cannot remember the name of what I used right now. Since you are a wood guy, you may be familiar with these type of products. In places where the screw holes were all worn out, I mixed the epoxy with oak sawdust, and filled the holes, and then re-drilled for the screws. Stronger than the original setup. For example where the door latch bolts on. A '31 deluxe touring is a car that still has a lot of wood

Comment

More done today if anyone interested.

Comment

Left frame horn tweaked from fender bender. Bolts are out of flywheel, how tight on crank? Gave up tonight, stubborn.
                Last edited by dmdeaton; 02-03-2018, 07:33 PM.

Comment

These are great pictures. Keep us posted.

Comment

Working...
                  X