What I did today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What I did today

Today I attended a model t ford clinic, where we discussed the kc warford transmissions and others as well as various brakes etc. We had about 150 folks here and to my surprise quite a few younger folks as well. They got to talking about tours and how to get other clubs involved when the opportunity presented itself I promoted the vff I told them about how this forum is set up many talked about the very things we discuss here only a related. I invited them to join our forum post their pics and knowledge in the model t ford section. This was new to them I handed out cards to chapter members and key people to get the word out I took all the cards I had and was shocked at how many folks were there as well as seeing folks I had not seen in years. So I had a great time and hopefully we can get the T section of the vff more active. I asked the various editors of the different clubs to mention us in their newsletters, I also gave them my e-mail to contact me if they needed more info or had questions. The response seemed to be very good so we will see where this goes.

Years ago there was something on Layne's web site about making a Warford for the AA but I guess that never happened.

Bob

Comment

• BNCHIEF
      BNCHIEF commented
      Editing a comment
      Bob I wondered about that myself, Elmer Layne John's dad came up with this and they build a beautiful unit, not being familiar with the AA truck would you use it as an auxillary to the 4 speed transmission?

Well done BNCHIEF, getting the T forum more active would be fantastic. Jeff
    Twiss Collector Car Parts

Comment

I screwed up a rear grease seal trying to install it. Next time I will use the Tool Tip #16 from Mitch.
      Alaskan A's
      Antique Auto Mushers of Alaska
      Model A Ford Club of America
      Model A Restorers Club
      Antique Automobile Club of America
      Mullins Owners Club

Comment

• Mitch
        Mitch commented
        Editing a comment
        The tool works perfect, it's worth the $

Originally posted by CarlG View Post
      I screwed up a rear grease seal trying to install it. Next time I will use the Tool Tip #16 from Mitch.
      Years ago I messed up the first Model A rear wheel seal I tried to install. I hadn't yet heard that they were being made oversized and needed to be ground or sanded to a bit smaller diameter. It never pays to force something into place.

Comment

• BILL WILLIAMSON
        BILL WILLIAMSON commented
        Editing a comment
        Use Vaseline.

I did the same thing.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• BNCHIEF
        Promoting and growing the VFF
        by BNCHIEF
        I had the opportunity this past week to speak to a group of folks about the vff and what we are about here that many people here are very knowledgeable and willing to help especially new folks with their first car or restoration. I said folks here will help you not just say use the search section, well if you are new how do you know what to search for? I passed out key rings and cards to all the...
        09-23-2017, 12:55 PM
      • glentre
        Why this new forum?
        by glentre
        Didn't know this forum existed and found it quite by accident so I joined to see what it's all about. I've been a member on the barn for almost four years with some 325 posts so I'm not a newbee. My handle there is Lona.

​​​​​​Seems like a shame to have two forums on the same subject. While I've read many very generalized comments on why this new site was formed, it seems...
        09-16-2017, 08:49 AM
      • Mitch
        New sign ups
        by Mitch
        We have been averaging 3-6 new members daily. Many of these new VFF’ers were not on a forum like this before. One reason for this is many are coming in from the Bratton’s parts flyers initiative. I have been working with many of these new members on the phone and through email. Most of the help involved site navigation and operations. The feedback i received back from them is always positive....
        01-25-2018, 07:18 PM
      • tbirdtbird
        An impressive thing about the VFF and the posters.....
        by tbirdtbird
        From inception, I have noticed that the posters here are open minded about their methods, and have been willing to incorporate advice from professional mechanics and professional restorers into their repertoire. This is rewarding to the people that reply, in that they don't think that they are wasting their time. On so many other forums, posters are merely looking for confirmation that their shoddy...
        09-17-2018, 12:12 PM
      • Mitch
        New Forum Discussion
        by Mitch
        You guys / gals that have been around the VFF for a while know that I like to share my thoughts with you. I do this because this VFF, is your forum as much as it is mine. I have received a lot of requests from these so called closet modifiers about starting a separate forum for them to share ideas. These closet folks are on other forums meshing in with the general population but are limited in what...
        05-31-2018, 07:23 PM
      • Mitch
        Things
        by Mitch
        As you have probably seen, Mike's "A" Fordable has jumped on board to sponsor the VFF. This support along with other generous donations and store sales, allows us to help the hobby even more. Without this backing much of what has been accomplished to date would not have been possible. When you make your next parts order, think of the vendors that stepped up to help move this thing along....
        08-09-2018, 08:55 PM
      Working...
      X