Juice Brakes on Vicky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Juice Brakes on Vicky

Residue from Juice brakes on a Vicky. Removing the hydraulics from the car. Master cyl. on the firewall. Evidence of leaking fluid for years, Look at the "quality" work done on the master cylinder installation.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Were there any kind of supports on the firewall? If not i wonder how much it flexed when pushing the brake pedal
    3 ~ Tudor's
    Henry Ford said
    "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

• BNCHIEF
      BNCHIEF commented
      Editing a comment
      A friend of mine bought a 37 ford car they put juice brakes on it and butchered the firewall no backing plat ran the brake lines thru the fender well vent holes a real nightmare, which is in the process of being scrapped.

Yes there was a plate 1/4" by approx 6 X 8. Held in place by 4 1/4" bolts. You can see the pattern in the pic.

Comment

• Paul K.
      Paul K. commented
      Editing a comment
      This was also a butchered up job of cutting, drilling and welding. Removed a pile of old Early V8 Ford parts.

• BNCHIEF
      BNCHIEF commented
      Editing a comment
      From the picture Paul I can only imagine.

Back when those brakes were installed you did what you had to do. On the 32 I had I "butchered" the firewall for two M/cyl's (brake and clutch) then later went back and "re-engineered" it with single dual bowl M/cyl from a chev p/up and Ansen hanging pedals. There was about an 8"X8" 3/8 steel plate to avoid flexing the firewall. Had an Olds engine to a 39 tranny, 11" p/plate with a 10 1/2 disc, 40 Ford rear-end. Later a 4 cyl Pontiac Tempest w 4 bbl carb. Ran almost as good as the Olds.
    Lots of different "primitive" things done before 1-800 BUY.
    Paul in CT

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Paul K.
      Vicky Rescue
      by Paul K.
      Rescued this one from the "Pinto/Hydraulic Brakes" curse. A very nice car in the 70"s. 15 extra holes in the firewall patched and welded up. Installed rebuilt A engine and all new mechanical brakes.
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 4 photos.
      05-22-2018, 07:16 PM
    • Jack Sparks
      1936 brakes
      by Jack Sparks
      I am the new and very,very proud owner of a 1936 Ford 5 window coupe. The car has been built as a street rod with newer v8 and automatic. Car has disc brakes on the front and drums on the rear with 8" Ford rear axle, utilizing a dual master cylinder. My question is: What can I do to improve the stopping power of the brakes? When bleeding the system, it seems that none of the bleeders have...
      08-20-2017, 02:43 PM
    • copgib
      Question for members who have juice brakes
      by copgib
      My question is: How do you have your emergency brake setup if you have hydraulic brakes all around?
      02-15-2018, 06:53 PM
    • Doctor J
      Front end/brake problems
      by Doctor J
      My 1930 Town sedan was parked for over 9 months. When I got it out to drive, it started right up, but the front end shuttered every time the brakes were applied. I thought some rust had built up. Drove it around for a while, gently riding the brakes and it seemed better. But going down a real steep hill, I applied the brakes and the whole car jumped to the right every time the brakes were applied....
      08-01-2018, 03:29 PM
    • canadian
      S10 Brakes
      by canadian
      Any members with information regarding adapting GM ,S10 Disc brakes using Original 29 Spindles?...
      01-03-2021, 09:23 PM
    • bettlesr
      Flathead Ted's setup with '35 front brakes
      by bettlesr
      Can I use the Ted's front parts I used with the original '30 brakes on my car if I change the front brakes to '35 assemblies or are the modified parts different?
      10-17-2017, 09:58 PM
    • Tom Wesenberg
      Interesting Brief History of Car Brakes
      by Tom Wesenberg
      I did a Google search to see what car first used Disc brakes, and I came across this interesting time period chart for brakes.

http://www.carhistory4u.com/the-last...the-car/brakes
      05-26-2017, 04:53 AM
    • Captndan
      Brakes
      by Captndan
      I can’t remember. Who was recommended for rebuilding brakes?
      03-24-2019, 08:26 AM
    • copgib
      Question on Brake Master Cylinder
      by copgib
      My mechanic took my Model A for its first drive since replacing the engine. It is a good thing he lives out in the country because he found out the hydraulic brakes weren't working. He got it back to his shop and found out the Master Brake Cylinder need to be replaced. He stated the one on it was from a 1938-39 Lincoln. He stated I have to use the same master cylinder because I guess the present brakes...
      04-17-2018, 03:27 PM
    • carolinamudwalker
      Hydraulic brakes
      by carolinamudwalker
      Has anyone had any experience with MT Bowling brothers brake kits? I drive my car at a steady 55mph, it is very comfortable at that speed and straight as an arrow with the radial tires. I feel that I am out running my brake system. Part of it is age related. When changing from my modern with a very soft pedal to the model A it takes quit some time to mentally adjust Bottom line I just am not comfortable...
      06-09-2018, 06:53 AM
    Working...
    X