Wiper attachment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiper attachment

On my VIctoria the wiper shaft goes thru the header. What attaches it on the outside? I have a nut, a cupped washer and a small metal spacer. Should there be a rubber washer of some kind?

The Vicky in my shop has a rubber washer/seal under the nut. Very similar (or identical) to '31 Slant TS we installed a few weeks ago.

Comment

Thanks, I found the information in the Judging Standards. It is a rubber o ring compressed by the washer. There is nothing like that in the parts suppliers catalogs.

Comment

• BNCHIEF
        BNCHIEF commented
        Editing a comment
        Water will channel thru there without it Art.

Here is a photo if that helps.
      Attached Files

Comment

Is that picture of a Victoria or a Slant WS sedan?

Comment

• plyfor
          plyfor commented
          Editing a comment
          Sw with deluxe arm.

Originally posted by plyfor View Post
        Sw with deluxe arm.
        The deluxe arm is why I was asking. I don't think the Victoria has the deluxe arm that has the spring covered. Is that a cup washer or flat washer under the nut?

Comment

• plyfor
          plyfor commented
          Editing a comment
          ours is flat washer, chrome nut

Thanks

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• sinbad339
          Windshield won't stay open
          by sinbad339
          As the title says, the windshield won't stay open on my '30 Sport Coupe, no matter how hard I tighten the nuts. This is as I'm driving down our somewhat pot-hole filled northern Ohio roads. Looking for any info I could find, I came across some conflicting things from Brattons's. On the Swing Arm Nut Washers page (PART #: 30140, the cupped washers with the rubber inserts), they say "Assemble:...
          05-04-2020, 09:18 AM
        • Neil Wilson
          Windshield Swing-Arm to Body Fasteners?
          by Neil Wilson
          RGJS page 12-16 shows that the fasteners are knob, washer cup, rubber washer, thin washer. However, the text on page 12-17 includes a spring washer. Does anyone know if the spring washer was used throughout production? What was the Ford part id? I have not seen this washer on any 1928-1929.

Was the original washer under the cup rubber or some other material?
          03-07-2018, 09:46 AM
        • Art Ebeling
          Windshield pivot
          by Art Ebeling
          What is the sequence of the windshield swing arm components for a 31?...
          03-02-2018, 07:03 PM
        • Mickey
          Front motor support??
          by Mickey
          The repair kit from Brattons contains a brass "washer" and a hard rubber washer. Are either of those used on a 30-31 A? If not that leaves the mount, 3 springs and a nut with cotter pin. Anything else needed?
          12-21-2017, 10:02 AM
        • plyfor
          Slant Window wiper install
          by plyfor
          The Judging stds mention a spacer mounted over the long shaft for the inside wiper to keep from compressing the metal header skin. There is another sentence that says the "spacer' was eliminated later in '31.I'm not sure if this is the spacer in question. Our car doesn't have the spacer and the wiper can rotate if not tightened down firmly. I would think the spacer is needed also because the...
          10-22-2020, 09:18 PM
        • wrndln
          Washer on headlight bracket
          by wrndln
          I was removing the internal bracket on a 3 wire headlight to get it cad plated. I noticed something I had not seen before. There was a unique washer on the stud that mounts it to the headlight bar. I have never seen a washer like this one used before. The washer is cupped and looks factory made, not a washer that someone kludged up from what I can see. Was his washer actually used on the 3 wire...
          08-06-2020, 02:14 PM
        • wrndln
          Choke rod washer finish
          by wrndln
          I am trying to find out what the proper finish is for the metal washer that supports the leather washer on the choke rod at the firewall. I found nothing in the JS's, but there is a picture in the Sept/Oct 2018 Model A News that shows it cad plated. However, the description in Bratton's catalog says it should be painted black. Cad would seem more correct. Which is it?
          Rusty Nelson
          02-07-2019, 12:52 PM
        • wrndln
          Front engine yoke leather washer
          by wrndln
          I was looking through Bratton's catalog and stumbled onto a leather washer they said was used on the front engine yoke to crossmember. The Service bulletins don't show a leather washer used anywhere. It does seem like a leather washer might make the engine to front crossmember a little less harsh for vibrations. Is a leather washer washer used on the front yoke?
          Rusty Nelson
          08-27-2018, 05:39 PM
        • Mitch
          Choke rod grommet and washer orientation
          by Mitch
          This is Mark Maron early 28. Note how the spring sits in the washer depression. The depression pushes on the leather washer. It actually goes opposite of what you would think
          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 1 photos.
          10-19-2019, 09:49 AM
        • wrndln
          Front engine mount question
          by wrndln
          I have a question about the front engine mount for late 28 and 29 model A's. It appears that there is a leather washer used under the foot of the front engine mounting yoke. I have all the parts except the leather washer. I have a leather piece Doc Kalinka gave me some time ago he had leftover from making some gas cap washers that I might be able to use for the front motor mount leather washer....
          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 1 photos.
          09-15-2018, 02:29 PM
        Working...
        X