Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Zenith 3 carb on ebay

Just saw another on ebay today CHEAP !

Same seller relisted the one that sold for $910 he added this note to the description. "ADDED INFO: After listing this I realized it has a small hairline crack in the throat of the carb, I notified the high bidder and he didn’t want to accept the carb so I’m relisting it with 2 pictures of the crack, the crack will not in any way affect the Carburetor bc of where it is"

Comment

As a seller I hate it when an item has sold and you find a previously unseen flaw when you are packing the item. I had it happen this last fall. I sold four 16" wire wheels to a customer. While packing them I found a broken spoke on one of them. I looked at my pictures and the spoke was not broken when I listed it. After some communication we worked out a fair compromise and I still shipped him four wheels with one discounted. I can really know how the seller feels. Been there done that. The best you can hope for is a reasonable buyer. Rod
      "Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good." Thomas Sowell

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Poor Boy
        Zenith Model B carb
        by Poor Boy
        Good evening Guys. Was at the Stowe flea market and got some great stuff. One of the items was a Zenith B carb. It looked pretty tough, and I was hoping to save the top casting. As it turns out it cleaned up real nice and although I have not tested it , I think it is a good usable carb. It has a round float and the GAV is the same style as the Model A. I have tried searching, but cannot find...
        08-15-2019, 06:08 PM
      • BudP
        EBay Cautions
        by BudP
        Many times I have purchased Model A items on EBay. Generally, I only purchase if I need the item, the price is reasonable, and the description (pictures and narrative) gives me some assurance of the quality. Last night I was a seller, listing Model A side curtains (appeared to have never been used) from my stash and new side curtain rods (original style, unopened packaging) for $475 including shipping....
        12-05-2018, 03:15 PM
      • Keith True
        Odd carb problem
        by Keith True
        I'm having kind of an odd carb problem on an A.It is something I've never seen before.When I turn on the gas it leaks badly out the throat until the float shuts the valve.Then it does slowly weep,maybe a drop every couple of minutes.It does idle too rich,even with the GAV turned all the way down.I have verified the GAV needle is hitting the seat,but just with a magic marker,not by pressure.This carb...
        06-26-2018, 01:20 PM
      • Grit Kid
        Storing a carb...............
        by Grit Kid
        What the best of ways to store a Zenith carb? Acquiring a second carb, it was rebuilt a few months back and the guy came in possession of a Marvel. Needs to sell the Zenith to help pay for the Marvel. I'm buying it.
        09-22-2019, 03:31 PM
      • 2manycars
        New tillotson carb
        by 2manycars
        Has anybody had any experience with the new tillotson carb that Bratton's is selling? My brother is curious if they are as good as the old ones. When I worked in the Ford parts department in 1965 we had them on the shelf. I should have bought a case of them.
        05-04-2018, 08:45 AM
      • carolinamudwalker
        Zenith on fire
        by carolinamudwalker
        Club member had an engine catch fire on the way home. Caused damage to the hood but otherwise car is ok. No one knows what ignited the gas. Gas leaks from the Zenith carb are so common that some of us tend to ignore them. Just took mine apart again, lost count how many times. I have the proverbial 1" measurement on the float, flow tested jets, all new gaskets ect. and still have a slight weep...
        08-20-2018, 07:39 AM
      • Rowdy
        Ebay Radiators Buyer Beware
        by Rowdy
        Just letting you all know there are 2 Gleaner Combine radiators on ebay being advertized as being for a Model A. While they are good for an engine test stand or stationary engines they will not fit your car. Both are from the same seller in Houston, Tx. . I informed him they will not fit a car and while he thanked me, he did not ammend the listing. Rod
        04-15-2020, 03:32 PM
      • Kevin in NJ
        Ebay listing apps for selling, what is your experience?
        by Kevin in NJ
        I need to get back into selling on ebay. I have been using the Windows app that eBay provides for free.

I am selling a wide variety of what is laying around my house. So I am not constantly listing the same thing. I have Windows and MacBook computers. I use an Iphone.

Can people please share their experiences with both phone Apps and PC based apps.
        Keep in mind I am...
        01-17-2020, 02:26 PM
      • Beauford
        Just got a backup carb...
        by Beauford
        but may become daily driver carb and Zenith as a backup. Rebuilt Marvel fo $200. Crummy ones on fea bay go for 80$ and rebuild kits from Renners is about 140$. Then time to clean, blast, install...I think I came out better. Still waiting for the rain to stop to test yet again settings on Zenith to prevent stop stalls.
        05-12-2019, 02:01 PM
      • Mickey
        Model B carb. rebuild
        by Mickey
        Can anyone (would anyone) build me a good working B carb. from what you see here? I would ,of course, pay for any additional materials. The first three shots are the same table, different view. The fourth shot is three additional cores. I've checked most of the best vendors and other sources. None. Renner no longer rebuilds carbs....
        08-02-2018, 12:14 PM
      Working...
      X