1928-9 Front Crossmember on Ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1928-9 Front Crossmember on Ebay

Someone recently needed a front crossmember because the one on their frame was broken and missing some metal. I just found this one on ebay that doesn't look too bad. It does have some pitting from the overflow hitting the metal on the driver's side. Hopefully the front mount hole isn't rusted thin, so you'll have to check it out and ask the seller.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/112764579256?ul_noapp=true

I always add a tiny rubber extension hose to extend the over flow past the crossmember.
    3 ~ Tudor's
    Henry Ford said
    "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

• JDupuis
      JDupuis commented
      Editing a comment
      X2. Jeff

• CarlG
      CarlG commented
      Editing a comment
      I go a little further; my hose is about 2 feet long and lays in the bottom of the engine pan on the left side of the engine bay

• BILL WILLIAMSON
      BILL WILLIAMSON commented
      Editing a comment
      If you poked that hose up through the floorboard, you WOULDN'T need a TEMP GAUGE!
      Dad Simpleandcheep

X3 Tony

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Mickey
      Pulling front engine mount. Question
      by Mickey
      Can I pull the front engine mount off to replace the mount springs without removing the crackshaft pully. In other words can I get it under the pully for removal?
      12-15-2017, 11:19 AM
    • Tom Bellfoy
      installing new front float-a-motor
      by Tom Bellfoy
      Tuesday I will be installing new front and rear float-a-motor mounts in my model A truck. It would appear that most owners install just the rear mounts, however I purchased both front and rear sets with plans to install both sets. Motor is already installed with the steel mounts.
      Has anyone here ever installed the front mounts and if so how high would the motor have to be raised in order to...
      06-18-2017, 06:17 PM
    • Dennis
      Dry engine a bad thing?
      by Dennis
      Recently I noticed a squeaking sound when my car was idling. I took the belt off and started it up, no difference. It would go away when I revved it up a little bit. Got to be embarrassing at a stop light and the squeak was louder than the engine idling. I've done a ton of work on the engine recently also and the first thought was I hope the damn thing isn't getting ready to seize up. Everything...
      03-08-2018, 02:42 AM
    • Russ/40
      Good Deal on Ebay
      by Russ/40
      Here is a great deal for anyone prepared to build an 8BA. Just too far away for me.
      Ebay item #132523204528 I have no personal interest other than wanting it.
      03-02-2018, 12:29 PM
    • Jim Baskin III
      Front Crossmember replacement.
      by Jim Baskin III
      Is there any other way to secure the front crossmember to the frame using something other than rivets.My crossmember is well beyond repair on my next Tudor restoration. I have another crossmember for replacement.
      10-28-2018, 06:00 PM
    • Beauford
      Vibration....
      by Beauford
      Recently starting my RPU the damn things shakes. Every weekend I would adjust something here and there and nothing would help. I was looking on this forum and read all the typical things to look for, flywheel house dialed in, timing, carb....then I came across the front engine mount. I have a early '28 frame with the solid front cross member engine mount. Well, seems drivers side mounting bolt was...
      12-08-2017, 08:16 PM
    • pAAt
      AA solid engine mount front crossmember
      by pAAt
      I was wondering if anyone had a picture of the AA solid engine mount front crossmember or a site that has them ? I thought mine had been cut down, but it seems the whole thing was replaced at some time. I need to get a good solid mount for my AA, are they the same as the A ? Seems to be heavier gage steel, but I'm not sure. Pat
      04-27-2018, 04:20 PM
    • Steve Plucker
      Front Spindle Bolts #1 and #2
      by Steve Plucker
      Is anyone reproducing either Style #1 or Style #2 Front Spindle bolts and if so, where may I find a set?

Thanks.

Pluck
      11-14-2018, 10:42 PM
    • Jim Mason
      eBay jack
      by Jim Mason
      Looks like I sold one at a bargain rate...
      Item #372303360919
      05-20-2018, 08:02 PM
    • Greynomad
      '28 Frame and early engine mount
      by Greynomad
      I am building up another A out of bits and pieces I have laying around. Originality is not important but a good driving car is. The chassis I have is an early one where the engine is bolted direct to the front X member. Does this configuration cause vibrations to be transmitted through the car? If the answer is No, why did Henry change? Cracking? If it is worth the effort to change, what is the best...
      02-03-2018, 08:27 PM
    Working...
    X