93 octane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 93 octane

Will 93 octane non ethanol gas harm an engine designed for 50-55 octane?

NO..................................just waste your money. JMO
    Paul in CT

Comment

you will be just fine
      Last edited by tbirdtbird; 06-25-2017, 06:07 PM.

Comment

*****, send me some!!

Comment

Come to Alaska. All of our gasoline is ethanol free. My modern specifies 92 octane, runs great on 87 octane without the alcohol. Model A likes it too.
          Alaskan A's
          Antique Auto Mushers of Alaska
          Model A Ford Club of America
          Model A Restorers Club
          Antique Automobile Club of America
          Mullins Owners Club

Comment

We can only get 93 octane no alcohol around here. About a dollar a gallon more than 87 octane ethanol. So which one to use?

Comment

If i had your choices i would use the 93
              3 ~ Tudor's
              Henry Ford said
              "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

I have ethanol- free gas delivered to the house from our local co-op. $2.79 a gallon a couple of weeks ago. Spent over $2000 in the past several years fixing the damage caused by ethanol in my outboards and irrigation pumps.

Comment

"Spent over $2000 in the past several years fixing the damage caused by ethanol in my outboards and irrigation pumps."

Agree. So how can it be that various posters will tell us they have no trouble with gasahol.

If I had a choice here, I'd still use gasahol in my moderns and save the crapahol for the vintage cars. Having said that, when I am in Oklahoma, I can get crap-free, reasonable price, and the Silverado performs waay better and gets better mileage......

Comment

Originally posted by tbirdtbird View Post
                    "Spent over $2000 in the past several years fixing the damage caused by ethanol in my outboards and irrigation pumps."

Agree. So how can it be that various posters will tell us they have no trouble with gasahol.

If I had a choice here, I'd still use gasahol in my moderns and save the crapahol for the vintage cars. Having said that, when I am in Oklahoma, I can get crap-free, reasonable price, and the Silverado performs waay better and gets better mileage......
                    Count me in as one that has had no problems with gasahol in the A except for lower gas mileage. Not much rubber in the A to foul up.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Tom Hicks
                      Ethanol increase from 10% to 15%
                      by Tom Hicks
                      I have never had a problem with 10% ethanol in gasoline, but many Model T drivers claim it attracts moisture, gums up the carburetor, and is not good for the engine. I think the problem is that they do not drive enough so the gas stays in the tank for extended periods. Ethanol gas without a stabilizer will not stay good for long.

Now I see that we are going to 15% ethanol gas. I have...
                      10-10-2018, 03:52 AM
                    • Jeff/Illinois
                      Removing Ethanol from Gasoline
                      by Jeff/Illinois
                      This is one way to do it. I'd probably let it set a while longer before draining off the water/ethanol mix. I notice an old Caddie in his garage in the background. If you drive your car a lot probably not necessary. OR, you could get some Sunoco Racing Gas and put that in your tank before storing the car.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSnE4MYwRzs
                      09-07-2018, 01:11 PM
                    • copgib
                      What type gas do you Recommend
                      by copgib
                      I am reading on different forums that gas with ethanol isnt good for the internals of the engine. If this is true, what do you use, Gas without ethanol like boat gas? Thanks Hugh
                      04-01-2018, 09:25 PM
                    • Leo
                      Ethanol Free Gas in New Jersey
                      by Leo
                      Hey guys, this may be something of interest for those of you who live in New Jersey. Unfortunately, the octane levels are very high and I'm sure the prices are too!
                      9 Pure Gas Stations in New Jersey
                      City Brand Octane Name Street Address Last Updated
                      Bayville AVFUEL 100 Ocean Aire 101 Airport Rd 2017-09-09
                      Brick UNBRANDED 100 Drum Point Marina 770 Drum Point 2017-07-28
                      03-31-2018, 08:50 AM
                    • Dennis
                      A change to crap gas
                      by Dennis
                      Just what we need is a higher level of alcohol in our gas 15%. Now the problems should get worse.

https://moneyandmarkets.com/trump-li...-boon-farmers/
                      10-09-2018, 07:40 PM
                    • Jeff/Illinois
                      Good News on the Gasoline Front..........
                      by Jeff/Illinois
                      https://www.hemmings.com/blog/2018/0...el/?refer=news
                      03-19-2018, 03:12 PM
                    • WayneT
                      Boiling Gas
                      by WayneT
                      I had a problem on a 94 degree day after driving in heavy traffic for some time and having to stop at several stop lights my "A" started cutting out and backfiring terribly. I nursed it along until it died, I then shut it off and opened both sides of the hood and let it sit 15 minutes then started it and it ran fine until stopped at a long stop light where it cut out and backfired again....
                      07-13-2018, 02:31 PM
                    • Tom Wesenberg
                      Warning for Storing or Carrying Spare Gas
                      by Tom Wesenberg
                      I always try to only buy the better gas without corn crap for use in my antique cars and small engines, but even the better gas has a very different vapor pressure than the good gas we bought in the 60's and 70's. Here is a 2 1/2 gallon plastic gas container, which is half full with 2 cycle mix for some of my small engines. Yesterday I had to move the jug to the shade, as I was afraid of getting too...
                      08-03-2017, 12:20 PM
                    • Mitch
                      Paul @ modelabasics
                      by Mitch
                      Paul weren't you working on an animated exploded view of the transmission? If so, i was wondering how you were making out with that.

http://modelabasics.com/home.html
                      12-10-2017, 01:31 PM
                    • 1931 Flamingo
                      KlingbergMotorcarSeries
                      by 1931 Flamingo
                      Saturday is the first of 5 shows this year. This one featuring Model A's. Wayne Carrinni grand master with his Da's Model A.
                      Ck out the website.
                      Paul in CT Show is in New Britain, CT
                      04-17-2018, 06:26 PM
                    Working...
                    X