New memberships in MARC and MAFCA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New memberships in MARC and MAFCA

MAFCA offers a free one year membership for new members "online addition". Marc has a half price "$22.50" for new members and your local clubs usually have a free coupon you can acquire (I've been told) Seems like a great way for me to get a feel and the benefits of 4 clubs for $57.50 in 2018. Pat
    Model A's and of course the famous AA's

The magazines are alone worth it, even at full price
    3 ~ Tudor's
    Henry Ford said
    "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

• pAAt
      pAAt commented
      Editing a comment
      Mitch, I doubt I can be that cheap with the use of the coupon. I just wanted new folks to know it's not that expensive and A clubs are very enjoyable.

• Mitch
      Mitch commented
      Editing a comment
      Pat, I was just making a general statement of how good the magazines were regardless of membership costs. It was not directed towards anyone in general.

The magazines are great, like most of you, I have a large stack of them. Are an excellent read. I've bought most of my mags used at the flea markets. Because of my schedule at home, I do not currently belong to a Model A club. I may change that this year though. I am very active with my local chapter of Historic Automobile Society of Canada. We love all cars, and do lots of touring.
    I do get envious of the A tours that I see going on. As I stated, that may change this year. . Jeff
    Twiss Collector Car Parts

Comment

I dropped off a number of car magazines to a local Hospital, I was tired of the waiting room not having anything decent to read. Mostly Muscle Car stuff some Restorer and Model A News.

If somewhere along the line those mags spark an interest in somebody, my efforts were well spent. I was in the Hospital's waiting room again about three months later, and my Hemmings Muscle cars, Hemmings Motor News, and Mustang Monthlys were still there but I'm glad to report the dozen or so Model A magazines were all gone!

Goes to show you, there is always a buyer for a Model A Ford. Somebody has an interest.

Either that or the custodian was not a Model A Ford fan!!!!

Comment

• Mitch
        Mitch commented
        Editing a comment
        You mean the Sanitation Engineer

• Jeff/Illinois
        Jeff/Illinois commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah you be right,,,, that's one job I would avoid doing that at a hospital gross

Originally posted by Jeff/Illinois View Post
      I dropped off a number of car magazines to a local Hospital, I was tired of the waiting room not having anything decent to read. Mostly Muscle Car stuff some Restorer and Model A News.

If somewhere along the line those mags spark an interest in somebody, my efforts were well spent.
      That was s good idea.

I recently bought a box of old magazines from a fellow VFF member. I’m enjoying reading them from cover to cover. Before the internet became so big the magazines were the main way to spread information and ideas.

Comment

Here you go From MARC what i have sent out!
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Jim Mason
          along the lines of write something..join
          by Jim Mason
          I noticed a disturbing stat in the new Marc news (noticed the VFF ad). there was a decrease of 1700 members last year. join MARC or MAFCA! without the national clubs there won't be any of their publications, none of the meets, will the local clubs last without that glue? join. One or both....
          04-13-2018, 12:03 PM
        • Cape Codder
          Club Membership
          by Cape Codder
          I often see clubs talking about how to interest YOUNG members into their clubs.
          But I think the process should start with the Two National Clubs. Is it not a fact that if someone wants to go to a National they HAVE to belong to one of the clubs? Maybe someone would like to come and just see what it is all about and THEN decide which way they go. Am I missing something here?
          10-22-2020, 05:26 PM
        • Mark Maron
          Model A Restorers Club (MARC) and NAPA Promotion!!!!
          by Mark Maron
          WOW..The Model A Restorers Club & NAPA... Log on to see the incredible offer for all MARC Members!!! https://model-a-ford.org/2019/06/09/marc-has-partnered-wwith-napa/...
          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 1 photos.
          06-27-2019, 03:36 PM
        • Jm29henry
          Keeping our new group alive
          by Jm29henry
          I believe that all members of Marc get a free add every year could or should we try placid an add for,Vintage ford forum and see where it goes . Guys please give VFF a shout out at your car club meetings when you attend ? Mitch I wish you great success please let me know if there is anymore I can do.
          05-15-2017, 08:30 PM
        • BNCHIEF
          What type of old car event do you like to attend and why. Name some
          by BNCHIEF
          Tours are my favorite both national and regional. I have been to one national MARC event saw a lot of cars but not really any organized touring all on your own, met a lot of really nice people and saw some beautiful cars as well.
          This year i am going to go to a MAFCA tour in Texas this will be my first so it should be interesting for sure.
          Over the last three years i have gone on regional...
          02-19-2020, 07:10 AM
        • BNCHIEF
          National Clubs how do they differ
          by BNCHIEF
          I have only gone to one national tour so far and it was the MARC meet in Branson Missouri I have never been to a meet put on by MAFCA so I am going to go to the national in Kerrville TX in june. I see that they both do judging and seminars, it seems to me that MAFCA does more driving tours but not sure since I have no experience with them as of yet. Can someone tell me how do these two National...
          01-12-2020, 07:08 AM
        • Jeff/Illinois
          MARC and MAFCA National's thoughts
          by Jeff/Illinois
          Both Clubs have wound up this year's National Meets and from everything I have been reading, and the pictures posted, I'd say both were very successful.

The interest in Model A Fords and antique cars in general is very strong. It's not going away any time soon! People still love the old cars and are having fun with them, from Model T's and even into the 1980's cars and trucks!
          07-03-2018, 10:24 AM
        • Mike Morton
          MARC membership meet question?
          by Mike Morton
          Thinking about going to the membership meet in February but I've never been to one,I have been to 2 national meets and not sure what goes on at a membership meet can anyone that has been before share your thoughts. Thanks
          11-18-2018, 03:16 PM
        Working...
        X