Model B Waterpump rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model B Waterpump rebuild

From what I can gather, suppliers no longer carry Model B Ford "Waterpump rebuild kits". Anybody have suggestions?
    Thanks, sunny

Mr. Renner at Renner's Corner rebuilt a Model B water pump for me two years ago and it's working fine. He may have some parts to sell.

Comment

Thanks Bud

http://www.rennerscorner.com/cooling-system.html
      3 ~ Tudor's
      Henry Ford said
      "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Thanks BudP and Mitch

Comment

• Mitch
          Mitch commented
          Editing a comment
          It was Bud,
          I just pulled the link after he mentioned it.

A while ago, over on the "Dark side", Tod had a blurb about recasting Mod. B heads. I asked him if his new head would be drilled for a Mod B or an A water pump. He said mod. B. I have a mod B head and water pump I'm thinking of rebuilding and I had been looking for parts. I think I found one vendor offering shafts and gaskets, Bert's rebuilds them for $ 170 and that was about it. So, maybe someone will start producing them again if Tod gets his head business off the ground.
        Terry

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Fordfordora
          Water pump
          by Fordfordora
          Attached are pictures of the water pump that was on my car when I purchased it. Is this an aftermarket pump? if so, will a rebuild kit work on this. I kind of like the idea of having a grease reservoir handy.
          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 4 photos.
          10-24-2018, 10:12 PM
        • rheacox
          U Joint Rebuild Kit... Beware
          by rheacox
          Wanted to bring this to everyone's attention that may not know, I sure didn't.

I have the transmission out of my car to address failing bearings and figured I'd rebuild the u joint while it was out (mine was just starting to get sloppy). The u joint rebuild kit was out of stock at Berts and when I called to see when it was coming back Steve said never unless a quality one hits the market....
          07-11-2019, 10:52 AM
        • Ed H
          Engine rebuild
          by Ed H
          I was a auto mechanic for 45 yrs or so. Is it feasible to think I can rebuild my A eng myself?
          I am aware I will have to send the block out to have the mains and rods taken care of. I should be able to do the rest of the eng.

What does the A/B engine have for cam bearings?
          Thank you....
          06-20-2019, 09:52 PM
        • Steve Plucker
          Shock Absorber Rebuild Kits...
          by Steve Plucker
          Some of you have more than likely rebuilt your own Model A/AA Shocks utilizing the rebuild kits which the Model A/AA Ford dealers supply.

What particular items, if any at all, that you used could be improved on to make the job better?

Also, what product did you use to make the shock not leak after restoration?

Thanks.

Pluck
          12-21-2018, 03:53 AM
        • Fixitphil
          Water Pump
          by Fixitphil
          Has anyone ever seen a water pump like the one pictured? I was told that it came from Montgomery Wards?
          Is the grease fitting real or phony?
          Also, can anyone tell me about a "Bulldog" (rebuilt) Model A engine. Supposedly rebuilt in Turlock, CA.
          Thanks,
          Phil
          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 2 photos.
          05-03-2019, 12:40 PM
        • 1930artdeco
          oil pump rebuild
          by 1930artdeco
          When I discovered my blown Head Gasket dad said that the oil pump should be rebuilt due to the fact that the bushings let water into the pan. Not sure I understand that logic but then I don't know everything. As far as I can tell the pump works fine, the shaft rotates quite easily and there is no side play. It is also an original pump and maybe should be rebuilt. Thoughts?

Mike
          01-28-2019, 07:02 PM
        Working...
        X