Seth Model A: last over Tappan Zee Bridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seth Model A: last over Tappan Zee Bridge

Nice article on Seth's 29, last to cross original Happen Zee Bridge. Jan 2018 "The Restorer" other great articles too.
    ​​​

you mean Seth Kestenbaum?
    Last edited by tbirdtbird; 01-16-2018, 06:40 PM.

Comment

• Mitch
      Mitch commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes

• tbirdtbird
      tbirdtbird commented
      Editing a comment
      I guess he got his car all straightened out

• Mitch
      Mitch commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes he did but i forget what the actual cause was. I think it was something internal to the trans.

• tbirdtbird
      tbirdtbird commented
      Editing a comment
      there never seemed to be a conclusion. His A buddy had said the FW housing was not dialed in properly, that was last I heard. Issue was it kept jumping out of gear

Yes that Seth...

Comment

• tbirdtbird
      tbirdtbird commented
      Editing a comment
      well, good deal then! Way to go for sure

Related Topics

Collapse

• BNCHIEF
    Gamarri 2018
    by BNCHIEF
    This year the central model A club will have the Great Model a ride across Iowa sept 17 thru the 21st 2018 would have posted sooner but just found out myself.
    08-27-2018, 01:53 PM
  • H. L. Chauvin
    2018 Model A Overheating
    by H. L. Chauvin
    This 2018 New Year's Day, be sure to do your part in not allowing your Model A to overheat ..... maintain proper coolant levels at "all" times.

Don't retard your spark for long periods because this can cause your Model A to overheat; and also, easy on the brakes, they generate heat.

Remember to lower the winter inside temperature in your Model A garage and in...
    12-31-2017, 07:27 PM
  • 2manycars
    Model A of the day
    by 2manycars
    This morning's model a of the day on MAFCA is my father and his roadster. He sold the town sedan he and I restored in 1960, and bought the roadster in 1967. It was in a barn at a pansy farm, where the owner had stashed several model A;s to sell in his retirement. It was completely original. He took 7 years restoring it, and enjoyed it up until his death in 1981. We never found the roadster after...
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 3 photos.
    01-12-2018, 12:13 PM
  • Mark Maron
    International Model A Day today AND Tomorrow Lets see what you did??
    by Mark Maron
    Show us your pics from your club outing and such and mail them all the [email protected]. Share you activities with us all!
    This gallery has 1 photos.
    09-22-2018, 05:44 PM
  • George Miller
    Two Model A's found in a garage. no pictures
    by George Miller
    Years a go a friend came to me and said he found a 2 door Model A that he wanted. But there was a 1930 four door there also. He said the guy would only sell both. So I got the four door, he got the tudor. The problem was we had to take the wall down on the lean too that was attached to the garage, to get his tudor out. Then the guy made us put it back up after we got the car out. He did not help....
    12-08-2017, 10:08 AM
  • Mark Maron
    Amazing Difference in Fordors in just 5 years
    by Mark Maron
    Pretty cool comparison of the 2 Fordor's, The left is a 34 and the right is a 29 Model A (mine). Just 5 years the appearence changed drastically, stance, design etc.. BUT Chassis wise, brakes, hmmmm!
    This gallery has 4 photos.
    03-20-2018, 01:28 PM
  • BNCHIEF
    GAMARAI TOUR REPORT AND PICTURES
    by BNCHIEF
    This past week I went to tour with the central model a club of Iowa, what a wonderful bunch of people make you feel right at home We left Altoona Iowa(desmoines) on our way to Davenport Ia. On the way we visited the amana colonies and drove thru rural areas with fields of corn and beautiful farms. We then spent the next 3 nights in davenport on the mississippi river. There is so much to see there...
    This gallery has 1 photos.
    09-23-2017, 08:34 AM
  • carolinamudwalker
    Totally disillusioned
    by carolinamudwalker
    I watched an old show from the history channel called 'THE CARS THAT MADE AMERICA GREAT' I am totally disillusioned. Henry did not build the model A. He fought it until the day he became demented. He built the model "T" and the assembly line. He would not listen to his son and drove Ford motor company to near bankruptcy. I hear " Keep the car as henry built it" all the...
    02-04-2018, 08:33 AM
  • Mark Maron
    It is with great sadness I must inform all of you of the passing of Don Ludwick
    by Mark Maron
    It is with great sadness I must inform all of you of the passing of Don Ludwick

Don Ludwick, 52, of Pottstown, East Coventry Twp., husband of Christine (Ruth) Ludwick, passed away suddenly on Tuesday, Nov. 14 at Pottstown Hospital.

Born in Pottstown, he was the son of Nancy (Spotts) Ludwick and the late Harry B. Ludwick.

Don was a graduate of Downingtown high school and...
    11-17-2017, 11:27 AM
  • Mitch
    Technical Articles: by Larry Jenkins
    by Mitch
    With a tremendous amount of advice and encouragement from Mitch, I present a Series of older Articles I wrote pertaining to the restoration of the 1928 to 1931 Model A Fords. These articles span from 1976 to 1998

This is also in recognition of those current VFF Members who asked to see my old Articles here on VFF after reading my opening statement when I joined the VFF. Thank you! Most
    02-01-2018, 08:51 PM
Working...
X