No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good afternoon everyone,

As a new member I would like to introduce myself. Retired photographer/car restorer now living in rural France. I've been around vintage and classic cars and trucks all my life, but I still love to try and learn something new every day. My main target lately is to try and make Youtube videos of some of my projects in the hope they might be helpful to others interested in our hobby. If you are curious to have a look, just type my name into the Youtube search box.

Good luck with the VFF.

Tony Hillyard

Thanks Tony and welcome to the VFF, any help is always appreciated.

Comment

Thanks Tony & Welcome to the VFF! I am glad you found us.

You'll see a lot of familiar names here, and some others that you may remember from many years ago. This site has a better way to post your Youtube videos than using the traditional link. The tutorial on how to do that is listed in the forum support / feedback sticky.

It is located here on post #11
      https://www.vintagefordforum.com/for...re-upload-tips

Depending on what your material is, we can maybe think about creating some kind of Youtube technical information thread or area. (if your interested) Again welcome and if you need any assistance feel free to reach out to me.
      3 ~ Tudor's
      Henry Ford said
      "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Welcome this is a great source of information and fun.
        mike
        Michael
        1928 speedster
        1929 closed cab p/u
        1930 standard roadster
        1931 deluxe tudor sedan
        1967 ss/rs conv.camaro

Comment

Welcome Tony,
          I sent you another email this morning. Looonnngg night for me, just waking up now.
          I know the furum here will certainly enjoy your informative youtube videos.
          Keep brousing all over this forum. (Mitch can attest to this) I've been lurking everywhere here and have made discoveries that make this forum the most user friendly that I have ever encountered. Your investment of time searching this site will not be wasted. Very good mechanical, and restoration information is stored in a much easier format. That, if you need to search for something, it is much easier to find.
          Welcome to the VFF, I personally know that you have alot to offer to the forum, as well, you will reap huge rewards just for being here.
          Jeff
          Twiss Collector Car Parts

Comment

Hey Tony, WELCOME to the VFF!!

I look forward to the information you can bring to this forum, and will be looking for your videos too.

BTW, some time ago I watched your video in the fitting of the roadster side curtains. Very informative, anxious to see what you come up with next.
            Last edited by DaWizard; 01-15-2018, 11:26 PM.
            You wana look waaay far up da road and plan yer route because the brakes are far more of a suggestion than a command!

Comment

Hi Tony,

By now .......... you probably already found out that you already have good friends who appreciate your being here!

Comment

Welcome, Tony!! Glad to have you here.

Comment

Good Evening Henry,

Thank you very much for that. It's much appreciated.

Tony

Comment

What a welcome Mike V. It's like coming home. Thanks a lot.

Tony

Comment

Thanks daWizard,

I feel like I've been here for years already.

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Hillyard View Post
                        Thanks daWizard,

I feel like I've been here for years already.

Tony
                        ME TOO
                        3 ~ Tudor's
                        Henry Ford said

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Tony's how to videos are posted in the technical forums. Here are the links to the two that we have so far

Roadster side curtains
                          https://www.vintagefordforum.com/for...-a-28-roadster

Rear axle and trans removal
                          https://www.vintagefordforum.com/for...e-transmission
                          3 ~ Tudor's
                          Henry Ford said

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Tony nice job putting on the side curtains.

Comment

Tony, that's probably the most professional video I've seen on U tube. The camera stays on the subject, there is no constant panning in and out, there is no camera shake, and I like the way you speed up the boring action of removing bolts.

A lot of videos on U tube I turn off after a few seconds because they are so slow, constantly moving in and out, or not showing the subject, or they are shaky.

Comment

All the above welcomes and then some.................
                                "Bullshit and Brilliance Comes with Age and Experience"

Comment

The rear axle dolly plans were added to the video thread for anyone that is interested in building one.
                                  3 ~ Tudor's
                                  Henry Ford said

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Wesenberg View Post
                                    Tony, that's probably the most professional video I've seen on U tube. The camera stays on the subject, there is no constant panning in and out, there is no camera shake, and I like the way you speed up the boring action of removing bolts.

A lot of videos on U tube I turn off after a few seconds because they are so slow, constantly moving in and out, or not showing the subject, or they are shaky.
                                    Thank you Tom. Coming from you I take that as a real compliment.

Comment

I am new here also, but welcome. I like it here for some reason.

Comment

• Mitch
                                        Mitch commented
                                        Editing a comment
                                        Actually we are all NEW here

Tony,

Welcome to VFF.

Comment