Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Beauford
    • May 2017
    • VA

Files the papers! The divorce is done!!!! The best part is the bushings took the ride as well!!! Whew.....Propane with a rose bud tip and a extra set of hands. Cost me a six pack. Love good neighbors!

Comment

• CM2
      CM2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Attaboy..in and out like a fiddlers elbow,like shit through a tin horn

• BNCHIEF
      BNCHIEF commented
      Editing a comment
      This is fun isn't it, well some days, glad you got them out.

• Beauford
      Beauford commented
      Editing a comment
      I just want to stare at the axle and say. You mutha f'er, you didn't beat me and tell the rest of your old buddies they are next!! King pin my arse...more like queen pin!
  • tbirdtbird
    Banned
    • Apr 2017
    • Dallas

I have just as much trouble getting perches out of an A axle. They are tapered and they pound in there, and seemingly become one with the axle. They did not need to be tapered!

Comment

• BNCHIEF
      BNCHIEF commented
      Editing a comment
      Tbird you are right about that I had a fun time getting mine out for sure. The model t was not tapered but it too is a real bear.
  • BNCHIEF
    • May 2017
    • Great Bend Ks

Beau you said the bushings came out with the pin so was the knuckle turning on the bushings? If so that knuckle is worn better check those bores for size they may be wallowed out those bushings should turn on the pins and I know you drove it but that does not sound at all right.

Comment

• Beauford
      Beauford commented
      Editing a comment
      I'll check...it was the top one and it actually had a perfect split in the bushing like it was a two piece. Weird.

• BNCHIEF
      BNCHIEF commented
      Editing a comment
      Like I said get the measurements on the new bushings and check the bore if it is not tight it will not be any better than what you had. Did you get both sides out? That bushing should not be split, problem is you never know what was done before you got the car. I drove mine out with a brass punch and they were good after i got rid of the white lithium grease that was all dried up.
      Last edited by BNCHIEF; 01-15-2018, 01:51 PM.

• Beauford
      Beauford commented
      Editing a comment
      I have the bushings out, Got this cheap bushing driver kit that is actually right nice. Has all different sizes.
  • john in illinois
    • Sep 2017
    • central Illinois

Here is a video of taking out a rusty perch bolt. Beauford glad you had success.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09cQqRlOUVc

John

Comment

• Tom F
      • Oct 2017
      • Mansfield, Ohio

Beauford, keep us informed how everything goes back in place.Glad you got it out. I'm wore out just reading what all you had to do.

Comment

• Beauford
        • May 2017
        • VA

Tom, I'm worn out as well but glad it is over. Pressed new bushings in and everything looks good. I will ream later this evening after I get some work done. Then hopefully get this front end on Saturday and be good to go.

John, great video!

Comment

• tbirdtbird
          Banned
          • Apr 2017
          • Dallas

Mitch, did you say the VFF has a repository of You Tubes? That perch removal vid above would make a nice addition. A vid is worth a million words.
          Wonder what Tony Hillyard has made

Comment

• BNCHIEF
          • May 2017
          • Great Bend Ks

As previously stated by someone and not me if possible it would be nice to see some vids made at Brents workshop. His pics of the fordor wood were fantastic from the stand point of showing it done poorly and then properly. Restoring a car is one thing the cost associated with it are another matter altogether.

Comment

• tbirdtbird
            Banned
            • Apr 2017
            • Dallas

Agree. A good vid of a lengthy process is time consuming and tedious. It may take an individual from each activity to do the filming and editing, if Brent allows this. And as much as I would like to attend, I don't think that will be possible

Comment

Working...