What is the most useful tip or tips for you on the VFF

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the most useful tip or tips for you on the VFF

For me Tom Wesenbergs tip on cleaning the block and radiator after using evaporust and his pictures I have used his method on at least three different cars a great tip.

I must also mention HL Chauvin's and others on radial tires as well. saved me time money and mistakes.

Tell the truth , for me personally all posts are of interest to me. As a new comer to the Model A world I love that on this site I can ask , read, study , dream , drool and not be Bullied by some ASS%#*(. Gotta go look up Toms block/rad cleaning tips and HL info on them Radials ....

Comment

• Mitch
      Mitch commented
      Editing a comment
      It's in the tech forum under cooling systems

• canadian
      canadian commented
      Editing a comment
      like I said this is the place to be to learn and enjoy this hobby , just left the tech forum and running to my garage with Toms ignition timing set and forget tips..

Canadian that is great and the reason set it up like he did there is good info on the other sites as well but you have to do a lot of digging, here you do not.

Comment

All of this helps me...I am almost done with my project but always seem to find something I over looked by reading others posts. Ends up costing me money LOL

Comment

I think my most memorable tip was after my $90 tow bill for a bad not so vented gas cap.
        Someone on here told me to go loosen the gas cap and try to start it!

Comment

The internet has made it (almost too) accessible to sift through the minefield of others experiences and potential techniques, and to save time and money. Those contributors who can provide photos and diagrams for the layperson to understand are helpful. This site format excels at that.. and offers experiences with many of the vendors who help keep the A's running.
          Last edited by plyfor; 01-12-2018, 03:55 PM.

Comment

I find that anything Tom Wesenberg writes is worth reading, and I even save some of it. I am still waiting for him to make me a coil tester
            Bill
            www.brauchauto.com

Comment

Originally posted by 2manycars View Post
              I find that anything Tom Wesenberg writes is worth reading, and I even save some of it. I am still waiting for him to make me a coil tester
              Funny you mention that, because I was thinking of making another one. Unfortunately the electronics surplus store where I bought the relay (and many other parts) was torn down two years ago. Last week I looked on ebay for another 6 volt relay like the one I used, but couldn't find anything. I did find some 5 volt relays with contacts rated at only 4 amps, so when they come in I'll give them a try.

Comment

• 2manycars
                2manycars commented
                Editing a comment
                Yippie!
            Working...
            X