Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

******** closed thread mentioning Vintage Ford site...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ******** closed thread mentioning Vintage Ford site...

....almost instantly!

No suprise there since he ran off and Banned so many. Still suprised how many stay and put up with things there. Blind, I guesse. Rod
    "Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good." Thomas Sowell

Comment

• BILL WILLIAMSON
      BILL WILLIAMSON commented
      Editing a comment
      NO, Rowdy, I'm NOT BLIND!
      I've posted there for nigh on to ELEVEN (11) YEARS & have MANY Friends still there ! !
      Mitch has NOT once asked me NOT to post there ! IF he did, I'd send a "HIT MAN" to break his favorite JET-FUEL Coffee Mug!
      NOBODY, I repeat, NOBODY tells Ol' Dad what to do ! I ALWAYS do what I think is BEST for me, at that time. The Dog does the SAME! We're our "OWN MEN" & don't take ANY CRAP offen' NOBODY---AND, if anyone needs help, we'll do our BEST, to offer sound advice.
      KDad Venting

• cpf240
      cpf240 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm not quite a year into the A world. The "Site That Shall Not Be Named" was one of the first A communities I found.

So far I've avoided any issues there.

One thing that site has that this one doesn't, yet, is a huge archive of information.

For now, I'll visit, and participate, in both.

I guess i was lucky to be there at the right moment. I saw the original post and came here. Went right back, and it was already gone. If it had been 5 minutes later, I would not have known about this site.

Comment

DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I missed the orgasm....again!!!!!!!!!!! Shite!!!!!!!!!!
      "Bullshit and Brilliance Comes with Age and Experience"

Comment

I would appreciate it greatly in the future, if any one of you plan on going over to the Dark Side and start some shite, let me know ahead of time!!! Please!!! I need the excitement.

Comment

A while back late summer, someone ask where’s Mitch, I responded and it was gone :-)
          It will happen again, better off here than there !

Comment

• BILL WILLIAMSON
            BILL WILLIAMSON commented
            Editing a comment
            As Mitch said, "It's GOOD, to have a CHOICE"!
            I even have 2 Bathrooms, to Myself & I cook WHATEVER I like, the Dog sez, I'm a GOURMET Cook ! The word GOURMET, translated = TASTY!
            I'm TIRED, jist ordered Groceries, on the INTERWEB, Truck will be here tomorrow, life is GOOD & my Gardener hooked up the Battery Charger on my Dodge Kadota.
            Dad Spoiledgreatly

I saw the post and wondered how long it would take for it to disappear. Didn’t take long.
          Alaskan A's
          Antique Auto Mushers of Alaska
          Model A Ford Club of America
          Model A Restorers Club
          Antique Automobile Club of America
          Mullins Owners Club

Comment

• CarlG
            CarlG commented
            Editing a comment
            I was afraid to post anything on that thread for fear I would get my butt booted out of there.

I don't know anything about that thread of topic but i figured its a good time to post this.

I am doing everything that i can to let others know, but i also need your help. We need to keep spreading the word privately through email not PM. (There is a pm or email option)That route is the best way to let others know and this will protect yourself from the woodwork moderating . Getting the word out is imperative, and i have Dad as my secret agent to boot. The best part is Dad works for free, and does not deduct it from my inheritance. Letting the folks in the hobby know about another option for information is so very important. People like Russ, j Dupuis, Glenn, jacksonill and so many others should have known about us by now. MARC the national club has been very supportive of the VFF. We will be in the next 6 issues of the magazine (Model A News) and they really hooked us up with advertising at the meets. At Hershey i was allowed to decorate the MARC tent with VFF brochures and posters (Sheila is the best)
          Mark Maron was the key person to building this MARC VFF relationship. I met him and his lovely wife Val at Gettysburg. In return the VFF is sponsoring the upcoming Nat'l meet for MARC. This was a huge move for us monetarily, but a step i felt that needed to be taken when it was offered. We were brand new at the Gettysburg MARC meet, and it was also my very first ever national event. It gave me the chance to set up a VFF tent and meet all these people i have only heard or read about. Gettysburg was a HUGE success and it snowballed from there. I met the MARC brass and Jeff from Brattons as well. As most of you know Brattons and the VFF has teamed up and they offered to send out 2000 VFF Flyers, one going in each of their outgoing orders. It's all about helping others, this is our mission, this is our supporters mission everyone wants to see this hobby grow and flourish. For the less experienced they need a cordial friendly place to hang for any assistance needed. The companies and organizations that have been supporting our wonderful passion for all these years see the VFF as something very special. We have been contacted by Snyders and others as well regarding putting their support behind us.

So let's do this and let others at least know that we are here. Folks can then make their own decisions if this place is for them or not. As you witnessed it will not get out any other way because of all the censorship. This censorship is a huge detriment to the hobby as a whole. I need your help. This is a call to arms

Thanks for your time It was fun using all the emoji s
          3 ~ Tudor's
          Henry Ford said
          "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

• tbirdtbird
            tbirdtbird commented
            Editing a comment
            In case you missed the comment about "the woodwork moderating" above, it is a little known fact that PMs over there are NOT private at all, the admin reads them all

• BNCHIEF
            BNCHIEF commented
            Editing a comment
            That is what insecure people do too bad he does not know how to answer a message Mitch does and I try not to bother him, but he has always been there for me and yeah I have gotten some by email and more on the way. If someone mentions them Mitch does not do childish things like that , but then he has always acted like an adult.

• Mitch
            Mitch commented
            Editing a comment
            Regarding the PM's being read i'm not sure if that is possible or not on the old version software that is being used on other sites. I can honestly say that here on the VFF i cannot see any PM's at all so write what you want about me i will never know. I do have the ability to perform a mass deletion of your PM's, but cannot see what is being deleted. Yesterday Ray Horton contacted me regarding a PM issue. There was one in his file that he could not delete for some reason. Being that was the only one in there, as he was not saving any others i did a mass deletion for him which actually removed it.

This was a post in the Early V-8 forum the other day here on the VFF.. Something you should also know

https://www.vintagefordforum.com/for...efordforum-net
          3 ~ Tudor's
          Henry Ford said

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

I saw the post and frankly it was a ridiculous post in my opinion,, WHY ask who you like FB better or the VFF...for what..Hey I didn't hear anyone ask who like Ahooga vs FB in the early years, I just that it was stupid to even bring up something like that.. You can have 3 site that do just fine, and no one really cares, isn't it about helping the hobby in the long run.. there is a choice, we here choose to be here and not their, and those that choose the other they have a right to.. ME like it here, i like all of you, Mitch is great and i find this environment, much more friendly to everyone and to the hobby, I can ask something and I get an answer not a tangent that goes off somewhere else and gets hijacked. Most of your know I am also the National Admin for Facebook for the MARC site and 5 others, 19,800 persons to admin, and I take it very seriously, I find the same thing here with Mitch and the best part is that its fun and informative at the same time... Good luck to all of you here and there and lets keep this hobby as the greatest it is and always will be.. See you on the forums, at the membership meet, the national, gilmore and hopefully many of you on Facebook, Thanks for your time......Mark Maron

Comment

• Captndan
              Captndan commented
              Editing a comment
              Will someone please PM me and tell me what the heck this is all about?

• Apple Green Wheels Rule
              Apple Green Wheels Rule commented
              Editing a comment
              It's hell coming in on the arse end of a happening isn't it? Well!!!! I'm starting up a new service that for $29.95 a month, you will have your very own early warning system that alerts you to upcoming events of excitements here on the VVF. You will have a front row seat to watch and read the exploits of your fellow members taking on the Dark Side army. Low interest plans are available. Act now!!!!

• Curly
              Curly commented
              Editing a comment
              Well worth the money! I’m in!

• Apple Green Wheels Rule
              Apple Green Wheels Rule commented
              Editing a comment
              Disclaimer: Notification to paying members depends upon if the owner of the service is notified. So far, it's all 'after the fact' !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• BNCHIEF
              BNCHIEF commented
              Editing a comment
              Mark well stated, it is plain stupid for model a hobbyists to be fighting each other and i am glad Mitch does not, the part I like about here is that good knowledge is available without sifting thru numerous threads. I look forward to meeting you at Branson. Bye the way I got my MARC fender covers very nice.

It's a shame to be bumping heads!

Comment

Originally posted by Mitch View Post

Thanks for your time It was fun using all the emoji s
              Speaking of Emoji's, where the Darth Vader emoji I requested? I need it for my grammar class!!!!

Comment

What you will find here is an owner truly knowledgeable and committed to the Model A hobby, who seeks accurate information to help others, vast reference sections, and clear-headed posters.
                For Mitch, this is not about making money off the internet, it is his passion

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Maron View Post
                  I find this environment, much more friendly to everyone and to the hobby, I can ask something and I get an answer not a tangent that goes off somewhere else and gets hijacked.
                  True words.
                  I learned a lot on the other site but I grew tired of the arrogance. Will this site be able to maintain its “homie” feel once it becomes massive? Will some of the undesirables from there come over and polute what we have? I hope not.
                  Given the dirty tricks being played by them it goes without saying that he has moles here. Not that it really matters.

Comment

• pAAt
                    pAAt commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Curly not to change the topic of moles, but do you have snakes in Alaska ? The real kind, not like over there. Someone asked me that question, because I've been there before, and I had no idea. I said probably not, but I tend to be wrong all the time. pAAt

• Mitch
                    Mitch commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Curly i feel a properly ran forum will not become polluted. If i was to make an appearance once or twice a day yes this can happen as the proof is in the pudding.

"I grew tired of the arrogance. Will this site be able to maintain its “homie” feel once it becomes massive? "

I for one am not worried about this. Mitch is a real guy with a real shop and not money-hungry. He is not hiding behind a computer in a darkened room somewhere in cyberspace. He has probably actually lost money on all this.

I am of the firm opinion that the arrogance on the dark side actually originates at the top level management. That is the only conclusion I could arrive at after being there myself for 5 years with over 3000 posts, and watching the flavor of things unfold. You were not permitted to correct the flood of bad and wrong information. That is arrogance.

Comment

• Mitch
                    Mitch commented
                    Editing a comment
                    ""probably"" is an understatement.

Originally posted by tbirdtbird View Post
                  ...I am of the firm opinion that the arrogance on the dark side actually originates at the top level management...
                  Oh, you mean:
                  You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                  This gallery has 1 photos.
                  Alaskan A's
                  Antique Auto Mushers of Alaska
                  Model A Ford Club of America
                  Model A Restorers Club
                  Antique Automobile Club of America
                  Mullins Owners Club

Comment

Originally posted by cpf240 View Post
                    I'm not quite a year into the A world. The "Site That Shall Not Be Named" was one of the first A communities I found.

One thing that site has that this one doesn't, yet, is a huge archive of information.

The problem is what's posted on the internet isn't always correct information, and I find this site to be much better for good information.
                    Many of the good guys have left or been banned from the other site.
                    Marco and Vince, as well as Jim Mason, and a few others also have their own sites with a lot of good information.

Comment

Good information that can be reasonably and intelligently discussed, and Tom you have shared a lot with us and I sure thank you.

Comment

I'm a veteran of foreign wars,I spent years in Volkswagen forums.You'd think it could be a nice experience,so many like minded folks in one place.There is just one problem,humans don't function well when there is anonymity,we are conditioned to deal face to face,we are no different than dogs,we basically need to sniff butts to size a fella up.Without that capability we tend to bark all night long,perceiving threats due to a distorted lens.You become conditioned to deal with the barkers,hell sometimes I **** with them for sport.But yes,this is a nice place,clean,well lit and Mitch always keeps soap in the shitter..

Comment

• Mitch
                          Mitch commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Thanks CM2 that is a very interesting observation. I Thank you for your service and the support.

Originally posted by tbirdtbird View Post
                        What you will find here is an owner truly knowledgeable and committed to the Model A hobby, who seeks accurate information to help others, vast reference sections, and clear-headed posters.
                        For Mitch, this is not about making money off the internet, it is his passion

You got that right about making money. I'm afraid to add up what the out of pocket has been vs the input. I certainly won't be showing the wife this either, lol. (castration comes to mind). As we all know some of our information resources have been less than stellar, so someone had to step up and help. It's not just me, myself and I anymore like it was in the first quarter. We have a ton of members that also feel the need to chip in and help the hobby through this endeavour . This comes by the way of small donations to help offset the VFF's output. I was resisting these calls for help, but folks insisted & insisted. I already have personally, but i will now thank each and everyone of you publicly for those contributions. As mentioned in my above post, I am working on ways to increase the intake revenue, mainly because the output has been way beyond what i ever thought it would be. Will this ever be a money making proposition? Hell no and it's not at all about that. It's about what we all enjoy, and it's about me personally to donate what i can in time and money as well.
                        3 ~ Tudor's
                        Henry Ford said

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

cpf240 commented
                          Yesterday, 01:40 AM

The darkside has been in existence for a long time, so yes the archives are larger. As Tom pointed a lot of the info is not always correct. I am trying to stay on top of this issue to have only correctly posted help available. This is obtainable by having a large knowledge base of members who know right from wrong. Many are no longer over there and as that continued to happen the archives have substantially declined in what is right and wrong. To compound this problem is many threads are broken now because of the off site photo hosting debacle. The owner stated that he did not care about the photo issue publicly. " I do not have a dog in this fight" . This is one reason why i stress to post photos directly to the VFF so they will always be here for the future of our hobby. "I HAVE A DOG IN THIS FIGHT" If i see off site photos being posted i will certainly make that poster aware of this. So between poor info, broken threads from pics, and mostly repeat information how much better is it going to be soon? If you look at the VFF we have 2 tech forums which answer mostly all common issues and if it's not there and not in our main database, just ask. Make a post, someone will answer and this is how the archives are built. How are we supposed to build without the questions? So isn't this defeating the purpose? I must say for being well under a year old still from inception we have a huge archive base already. I am constantly pulling threads and posting them to help others that ask questions. Imagine what it will look like when we're a year old. So with this being said i do not fully agree with your statement or thinking on this issue.
                          3 ~ Tudor's
                          Henry Ford said

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Hmmmmm ......... Human Sniffing?

I could be incorrect in what may be called a False Assumption ....... but according to a few brave Ladies barking out loud recently ...... it looks like a few new Male celebrities are making the Headlines every day ............... denying their going around and Sniffing!

Comment

So ...
                              The way to keep a site from being petty is set up a us vs them , this site is good that site is bad, look what they did, I'm glad this site isn't self righteous environment? isn't that rather.... petty? Can we get back to model A's?
                              Ymmv.
                              http://jmodela.coffeecup.com

Comment

Originally posted by pAAt View Post
                                Curly not to change the topic of moles, but do you have snakes in Alaska ? The real kind, not like over there. Someone asked me that question, because I've been there before, and I had no idea. I said probably not, but I tend to be wrong all the time. pAAt
                                So, if you tend to be wrong all the time, does that mean you are wrong about being wrong? LOL

Speaking of moles.......did you hear about the 3 moles that woke up, and stuck their heads out the hole in the ground?
                                The first mole sticks his head out, sniffs the air and says Mmm, I smell pancakes.
                                The second mole sticks his head out and says Mmm, I smell syrup.
                                The third mole stick his head out and says, Hmm, I smell mole asses.

Comment

• pAAt
                                  pAAt commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  Tom, this winter has sent me so far down my hole, all I smell is mole asses. I figure I must be the tird one !!

The definition of "petty" was when the owner of the other site pulled my picture of the original T shirt Shelly sent me.

Comment