Model A Owner

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paul View Post
    Introduce her slowly to your wife. I swear for the first year mine never acted up unless my wife was in it. I also found out if she is constantly acting up take her to a hot rod show and say this could be you... it is amazing how much better she runs on the way home. Congrats and enjoy. Best hobby ever!
    Now that is funny. Thanks for the laugh

Comment

No updates yet? I guess Carl is still driving it around the block. It must get great fuel mileage
      2 1930 Tudors

Henry Ford said
      "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

I had to pull out the drivers seat, yesterday. The PO had added longer hinge brackets but they were not long enough. I couldn't get my bum leg under the wheel and get my foot on the brake, especially in first gear. I cut and added about two inches to the brackets. Much better now. I'm not terribly tall, 6 feet, but there just wasn't enough room. Once I heal up I might be able to put shorter brackets back in it. We'll see. The test drive was uneventful, lots of waves and thumbs up, just like my old "T". It needs some tinkerin'. Brakes work pretty well but pull to the left. Steering wanders, lots of play. It came with a F-150 conversion kit, all ready to install
        Has it ever occurred to you that the sole purpose for your existence might be to serve as a warning to others?

Comment

• BNCHIEF
          BNCHIEF commented
          Editing a comment
          That kit will solve the steering check the king pins as well, Snyders makes a kit that you can put in to adjust the seats no cutting Mitch has them in his tudor. I just put the 2" offset mounts in mine.

• Dennis
          Dennis commented
          Editing a comment
          I have the adjustable seat brackets in mine. You can tilt the back of the seat with them as well. They sure have helped my arthritic knee.

Sounds good Carl, thankfully you bought a Tudor, it's the easiest A for getting into and out of. Jeff

Comment

Took it out to the store today. About a 5 mile round trip. It's leaking prodigious amounts of oil. Coming from the left side, through the hood louvers and down the fender. Also left a 3-4 inch spot under the rear main area. The PO had attempted a fix for an old, existing leak which required dropping the pan and removal of the rear main cap. An extra drain hole and a corresponding groove was added to the cap. I suspect the pan needs to come off and be resealed. The fun is already beginning. Up on the jackstands tomorrow. I was hoping for a bit more play time before greasy drudgery
          Has it ever occurred to you that the sole purpose for your existence might be to serve as a warning to others?

Comment

• Mitch
            Mitch commented
            Editing a comment
            "Oil is coming out the l/s hood louvers"! Is there excess blow- by coming out of the oil fill tube?

Sounds like time for a leak down test, and most likely a set of rings.
          Any history on engine work done to it?

Comment

• Mitch
            Mitch commented
            Editing a comment
            If you have blow by don't bother trying to seal up any leaks, just pull the motor
            Blow by causes leaks because of the extra crankcase pressures

damn that slaps the sweet out of your mouth..I couldnt get mine around the block twice before it overheated...and plugged the fuel line with crap from the tank.Got pissed,vowed I wasn't going to drive again till its right..Find the joy in making the car yours,and that only comes from reworking it yourself..

Comment

Are you gonna kick Da Whiz's ass now? That's why I don't recommend shit,you pay your money,you take your chances...

Comment

Working...
            X