Door Panels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Door Panels

anyone know a good way to match up the door strap holes on A pilliar panel as they don't come with holes. Need a way to mark the panel.

Sure, place a screw in each of the holes, install the panel and smack the panel over the screw to mark the hole.
    You wana look waaay far up da road and plan yer route because the brakes are far more of a suggestion than a command!

Comment

Stick a piece of masking tape on the door frame next to the holes,and mark with a pen where the holes are, and measure how far from the edge of the tape to the hole, When the panel is on the door, find the spot and use a small punch or awl to find the hole.
      Bill
      http://www.brauchauto.com/
      Eastern Connecticut

Comment

Oh here we go again... I made some pins with a center point on the head to leave a center punch on the panel. They just go loose in the screw hole. I'll have to see if I can find them. I need them anyway when I do my Model A interior.

Comment

All great ideas!! Thanks guys!!

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• JohnB15632
            31 SW Wood Armrest Installation
            by JohnB15632
            I am trying to figure out how to install the wood arm support in my 31 SW.
            What I have learned so far it that there is an upholstery panel that covers the area under the third window. There is a metal strap that supports the arm behind the panel. A wood screw goes thru the strap, thru the panel, into the wood armrest support. As the screw is tightened, the strap is pulled tight against the...
            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
            This gallery has 2 photos.
            03-24-2018, 08:51 AM
          • Art Ebeling
            Victoria progress
            by Art Ebeling
            I’ve made some progress on the interior. I have a Lebaron Bonney kit. I have had every panel on and off several times to trim, cut, and refit . I Have the original panels to guide me and have been able to follow the original nail holes in some of the wood. In the picture the door panel is not attached, it is just hanging fo a trial fit as is the panel above the door. I called Lebaron Bonney last...
            This gallery has 1 photos.
            01-12-2018, 09:43 PM
          • Supergnat
            Bent hinges - DUMB MISTAKE
            by Supergnat
            I am really embarrassed to write this but I desperate need of advice. I accidentally drove my 28 Fordor Leatherback into the garage with the driver side rear door open. The door caught on the edge of the garage opening molding and bent the door back over the rear fender. I was able to straighten the edge of the door where it contacted the fender but the door will not close anymore. The upper and...
            03-14-2018, 07:27 AM
          • Mickey
            CCPU dash rail question
            by Mickey
            On the dash rail there are tabs on each side that screw/bolt the rail to the door post. Do those tabs go under or over the kick panels? I'm assuming they go over the kick panel.
            03-24-2018, 06:08 PM
          • Beauford
            Roadster pickup Door handle install...
            by Beauford
            The inside handles are straight forward but the outside ones are a bit of a mystery. Brookville says...Insert special punch through handle hole in latch and mark outer skin for location...use punch and die on out side skin...where would these two pieces marry? I have zero idea where I would punch through. Also, what are the two holes in the 3rd pic for and there is another hole on top of door where...
            This gallery has 3 photos.
            06-18-2017, 07:20 PM
          • Tom Wesenberg
            Removing Door Handles and Repairing Door Latches and Locks
            by Tom Wesenberg
            I had to replace some broken springs in my 1929 Tudor. To remove the handle, just remove the 2 screws on the outside, then turn the handle 45 degrees, wiggle it as you pull outward. Spraying Kroil on the square shaft helps during removal, as does holding the flap inward to relieve some pressure. Then you can remove the screws on the latch assembly and work the latch out of the door. It's very tight...
            This gallery has 4 photos.
            09-02-2017, 10:48 AM
          • pAAt
            Door lube
            by pAAt
            What kind of lube should be used on door hinge pins and door opening components ? Thanks in advance.
            08-24-2017, 08:11 AM
          • CarlG
            Door opening
            by CarlG
            Is there an easy way to allow the passengers door on my pickup to open wider?
            08-10-2018, 02:35 AM
          • Apple Green Wheels Rule
            Door striping
            by Apple Green Wheels Rule
            Below is a photo of where I just removed the old door stripping. It was hard and rotted. I thought it was time to replace it but....didn't find anything like that on Snyders so I was thinking, was there such a strip for weather/sound proofing or was this a previous owners addition? The stripping was only along the door edge, not the bottom or upper edges.

Ed

05-22-2017, 11:01 AM
          • slammin
            What does the kick panel cover
            by slammin
            I just finished installing my LogoLites turn signals. It was an easy task, and they work! My 29 Tudor came less interior. All the interior photos I have seen don't show the drivers side kick panel area from a low angle. If anyone has such a photo or could take and post one I would be grateful. I want to make sure all the wires will be hidden before I secure them. I ran all the wires through the clothe...
            02-24-2018, 11:46 AM
          Working...
          X