Model A vs Model B radiator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model A vs Model B radiator

These radiators seem to have identical inlets and outlets yet is the model B radiator different capacity/ greater heat exchange than a model A radiator?

Claude since it’s an A related question i moved it here for you. I’m sure someone will know
    3 ~ Tudor's
    Henry Ford said
    "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Not sure, but I used a B radiator to help cool the 55 Olds engine in my 32 back in 62. Due to clearance issues had to "make" a fan. The B radiator also cooled the Pontiac Tempest 4-cyl I ran for a while in the 32. FWIW
      You're probably going to have issues with shell attachment and rad cap issues??
      Paul in CT

Comment

Maybe a little better. The Model B still used the 4 cylinder engine so additional cooling would not have been an issue.
        the B radiator had 8 fins per inch as the Model A had 6.

Comment

Fwiw
          I believe Claude’s car has the V-8
          3 ~ Tudor's
          Henry Ford said
          "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

If it's a V8, it's not a B....................B designated 4 cyl.
            Paul in CT

Comment

• Mike V. Florida
              Mike V. Florida commented
              Editing a comment
              Without looking it up was not the V8 called the Model 18?

Related Topics

Collapse

• CHL
            Question, Will a 32 radiator fit in a 31 roadster pickup radiator shell?
            by CHL
            a friend putting a v8-60 in needs to know....
            09-03-2019, 10:58 AM
          • mhsprecher
            New radiator decision
            by mhsprecher
            I need to get a new radiator for my late 28 roadster. The good news is that there are options. The challenge is that there may be more than one good option. Here is what I have narrowed it down to:

1. New Berg's radiator
            2. New Brassworks round tube radiator
            3. Have Bert's recore my old radiator

Many people love Berg's radiators. They don't recore anymore,...
            12-02-2018, 08:11 PM
          • Mike V. Florida
            Modern radiator core design
            by Mike V. Florida
            There is a radiator manufacturer near me that advertises all types of radiator cores. While I don't need one now I thought I might take an A core down to them and see what they can offer the hobby. I don't think any of the "Model A" radiator guys sell just cores anymore and was wondering if there would be a market for just cores that you would use your tanks....
            09-26-2017, 01:27 AM
          • ClaudeC
            small radiator leaks, high up on radiator
            by ClaudeC
            Got my 1933 v8 engine running, running great motor sound like a new engine. Experiencing several tiny radiator leaks high up on the radiator. Any ideas how to locate the actual hole? Should I try "stop leak"...
            05-29-2019, 06:52 AM
          • old victoria
            brass works radiator
            by old victoria
            anyone have trouble with a brassworks radiator with the filler neck to short? 1930-31
            12-10-2018, 05:40 PM
          • 2manycars
            Brassworks radiator
            by 2manycars
            Both sides of the radiator brackets have come loose from the tank.
            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
            This gallery has 1 photos.
            04-23-2018, 03:04 PM
          • Ida's 29 Town Sedan
            Which replacement radiator to buy?
            by Ida's 29 Town Sedan
            I have a 29 Delux Fordor Town Sedan that needs a new radiator. Which is better Brassworks or Berg radiator?...
            05-05-2019, 10:02 AM
          • Hoogah
            Fan to Radiator Clearance
            by Hoogah
            I've taken my radiator to the local radiator shop to be re-cored. The radiator man reckons that the frame will allow me to have four rows of tubes, which I'm thinking of going with.
            Now I can't remember how much clearance I had between my aluminium two-blade fan and the old radiator core. Is a 4-row core likely to reduce this clearance too much? He tells me that it will be 54mm (2.13")...
            07-05-2018, 07:24 PM
          • Roadster Rich
            Check for Purchase
            by Roadster Rich
            Along the lines of Mitch's post, I don't know the answer to this, but so many of us have had problems with cooling and the blocked radiators, I wonder if there could be some good calibrated check of the rate of flow through a radiator. For instance, keep pouring water into the radiator so that it is full (flowing out the overflow tube and top of the radiator won't matter) and then disconnect the...
            08-13-2017, 08:03 AM
          • Jordan
            Electric Fan
            by Jordan
            I am just curious if anyone here has ever installed an electric fan on the front of their Model A radiator. Before you scold me, I know it won't look right... but I have a reason. Here in Texas it gets extremely hot & I drive my car year round. I have an AC so when it's 108* outside, I am comfortable in the car. When it's this hot outside, my car does not overheat. Going 55 MPH down the highway...
            03-21-2019, 11:25 AM
          Working...
          X