Pinion puller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pinion puller

Mitch on the dark side you mentioned a Snap On set that you really liked. Do you a have the part number? Or is there a better used kit that I could look for ?
    attachment[1].jpg

That puller kit is sold in pieces by snap on. what is pictured there is about 800.00. I can do everything with that set up incld pulling drums. There are similar CHEAPER things out there but your mileage may vary how they hold up. Lifetime guarantee on these. Buy it once and done, and for professional use its the only way i would go.
    If you want the part #'s on each piece let me know

I even have longer extensions for doing axle bearings on the newer style iron.

Searching Ebay with the part numbers may net you a good deal on some of it. I buy some snap on off there and turn them in for new stuff.
    3 ~ Tudor's
    Henry Ford said
    "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

• Dennis
      Dennis commented
      Editing a comment
      I did that years ago, many years ago. My dealer paid me 70% of new if it looked good. I never paid more than 35% and most of the tools I bought back then were from pawn shops. Bought a lot of tools I never used because I didn't need them, but helped make new ones in exchange affordable.

$800, yikes, I had no idea. It would be silly to purchase that for a 1 time fix. I will need to look around for something. Snyders is cheap but from what I gather it is cheap.

Comment

Part numbers for easy reference
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 9 photos.
      3 ~ Tudor's
      Henry Ford said

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Thanks Mitch.

Comment

I posted a little more detailed info in the PT tech area
          https://www.vintagefordforum.com/for...the-powertrain
          3 ~ Tudor's
          Henry Ford said

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

I like the puller set Vince posted several years ago. More affordable for the hobbiest. I do not remember the part number. I beleive it was made by Proto. While I only will grudgingly buy anything from Proto due to some dirty selling tactics by the dealer and school administration to some students while in tech school I would buy it based on its usefullness. Rod
            "Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good." Thomas Sowell

Comment

Mitchell makes one that I have. Works great and if I remember it’s under a hundred bucks.
              Alaskan A's
              Antique Auto Mushers of Alaska
              Model A Ford Club of America
              Model A Restorers Club
              Antique Automobile Club of America
              Mullins Owners Club

Comment

• Dennis
                Dennis commented
                Editing a comment
                That's what I ended up buying, both the hub puller and pinion puller.

• CarlG
                CarlG commented
                Editing a comment
                I have both of those as well. Have actually loaned them both out quite frequently. Well worth the price.

I ordered the puller installer from Snyders with a bunch of other parts. I will let you know how it works.

http://www.snydersantiqueauto.com/pi...tallation-tool

Comment

• CarlG
                CarlG commented
                Editing a comment
                That is the one made by Mitchell, sold by Snyder's

Well, ya learn somthin every day.

Comment

For 700 more you could have bought my set lol
                3 ~ Tudor's
                Henry Ford said

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Mitch
                  Snap on puller set for the Powertrain
                  by Mitch
                  This is a proffesional set which will pull hubs, any type of differential or trans bearing, sector worms, axle bearings on newer vehicles etc. unlimited uses for powertrain purposes. The extension rods screw into one another to make a longer length.
                  The part numbers are all pictured for easy reference.

There are cheaper similar set ups like this available, but your mileage may vary...
                  You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                  This gallery has 13 photos.
                  01-04-2018, 07:36 AM
                • STEBS
                  Specialty tools...
                  by STEBS
                  So with working on these early models, like any other car/truck I work on daily, I find myself needing specialty tools that I end up investing in to have and use.

I've already been shopping around for a banjo hub puller, although I have ideas on modifying an extra pitman arm puller I have. But I've been looking into spring spreaders, which got me to thinking...

In doing the...
                  02-04-2020, 09:22 PM
                • Mickey
                  Need a recommendation
                  by Mickey
                  Can anyone recommend a half way decent SAE tap and die set. I do NOT want metric and don' mind paying for a good quality set.
                  03-30-2018, 12:52 PM
                • ClaudeC
                  with Sears going bust, Craftesman tools too?, What is a good brand of tool
                  by ClaudeC
                  I tried to get a replacement for a broken craftsman ratchet, Loews won't replace..They sell only boxed sets. anyway maybe that is a sign of things to come. What is a good brand of tool? Snap on is just too expensive.
                  10-17-2018, 04:59 PM
                • Ayyy
                  Buying 'Made In USA' Tools From Grainger's? A Warning...
                  by Ayyy
                  With few exceptions, I go out of my way to buy USA tools over buying imports. When I use my tools on my cars, I need them to fit right and to last. Maybe you buy tools the same way..

I recently placed an order with Grainger's. The item illustration showed "Made In USA". When the item arrived it was "made in china". I called Grainger's on it. Basically they said, "the...
                  05-02-2018, 04:26 PM
                • tbirdtbird
                  How to remove those nasty rusted nuts and bolts
                  by tbirdtbird
                  HOW TO FREE UP RUSTED FASTENERS

We grew up in the northeast, where the road salt in the long winter was deeper than the snow, and we were fed rust flavored Gerber Baby Food and learned to like it. Example, brake lines on any car lasted no more than 3 years.

Accordingly, we had to develop strategies to deal with rusted fasteners. And they were ALL rusted.

I have...
                  09-22-2019, 08:09 PM
                • jordanka16
                  Spare Engine
                  by jordanka16
                  I have a spare engine for my car that I think is good. This winter I plan to tear it down and see. I want to measure and make note of every part so I know what is good, how good it is, and what is bad and needs replaced. I haven't looked yet but I'm sure I can find all the specs and tolerances of the various parts, I might already have that in one of my books somewhere.

What I want to...
                  10-02-2019, 02:04 AM
                • Keith True
                  Model A song
                  by Keith True
                  I was just boxing up somewhere around a thousand 78 RPM records to sell,and saw some Edison records in a pile.They are about 1/4 thick,so they are easy to spot.Between them was a copy of,Henry's Made a Lady out of Lizzie.I've never heard it,but I've heard of it.Is it worth having cleaned up and copied onto CD,or is it just something that's already been done that I can buy cheap anyway?I did just have...
                  01-07-2019, 11:32 AM
                • Kevin in NJ
                  Ebay listing apps for selling, what is your experience?
                  by Kevin in NJ
                  I need to get back into selling on ebay. I have been using the Windows app that eBay provides for free.

I am selling a wide variety of what is laying around my house. So I am not constantly listing the same thing. I have Windows and MacBook computers. I use an Iphone.

Can people please share their experiences with both phone Apps and PC based apps.
                  Keep in mind I am...
                  01-17-2020, 02:26 PM
                • Rob Patterson
                  Newby questions
                  by Rob Patterson
                  I have a couple of Model T's and while I know quite a bit about them, I know very little about Model A's. But I hope to own an A someday...... soon.
                  Since my wife will be driving this car, could you answer a couple of questions for me please?
                  Is there a synchromesh kit available for the gearbox? Or will she, like the rest of us, have to get used to the double de-clutch/crash method of...
                  10-20-2019, 12:09 AM
                Working...
                X