Pinion puller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pinion puller

Mitch on the dark side you mentioned a Snap On set that you really liked. Do you a have the part number? Or is there a better used kit that I could look for ?
    attachment[1].jpg

That puller kit is sold in pieces by snap on. what is pictured there is about 800.00. I can do everything with that set up incld pulling drums. There are similar CHEAPER things out there but your mileage may vary how they hold up. Lifetime guarantee on these. Buy it once and done, and for professional use its the only way i would go.
    If you want the part #'s on each piece let me know

I even have longer extensions for doing axle bearings on the newer style iron.

Searching Ebay with the part numbers may net you a good deal on some of it. I buy some snap on off there and turn them in for new stuff.
    3~ Tudor's & 1~ Coupe
    Henry Ford said,
    "It's all nuts and bolts"
    "Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible."

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

• Dennis
      Dennis commented
      Editing a comment
      I did that years ago, many years ago. My dealer paid me 70% of new if it looked good. I never paid more than 35% and most of the tools I bought back then were from pawn shops. Bought a lot of tools I never used because I didn't need them, but helped make new ones in exchange affordable.

$800, yikes, I had no idea. It would be silly to purchase that for a 1 time fix. I will need to look around for something. Snyders is cheap but from what I gather it is cheap.

Comment

Part numbers for easy reference
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 9 photos.
      3~ Tudor's & 1~ Coupe
      Henry Ford said,
      "Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible."

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Thanks Mitch.

Comment

I posted a little more detailed info in the PT tech area
          https://www.vintagefordforum.com/for...the-powertrain
          3~ Tudor's & 1~ Coupe
          Henry Ford said,

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

I like the puller set Vince posted several years ago. More affordable for the hobbiest. I do not remember the part number. I beleive it was made by Proto. While I only will grudgingly buy anything from Proto due to some dirty selling tactics by the dealer and school administration to some students while in tech school I would buy it based on its usefullness. Rod
            "Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good." Thomas Sowell

Comment

Mitchell makes one that I have. Works great and if I remember it’s under a hundred bucks.
              Alaskan A's
              Antique Auto Mushers of Alaska
              Model A Ford Club of America
              Model A Restorers Club
              Antique Automobile Club of America
              Mullins Owners Club

Comment

• Dennis
                Dennis commented
                Editing a comment
                That's what I ended up buying, both the hub puller and pinion puller.

• CarlG
                CarlG commented
                Editing a comment
                I have both of those as well. Have actually loaned them both out quite frequently. Well worth the price.

I ordered the puller installer from Snyders with a bunch of other parts. I will let you know how it works.

http://www.snydersantiqueauto.com/pi...tallation-tool

Comment

• CarlG
                CarlG commented
                Editing a comment
                That is the one made by Mitchell, sold by Snyder's

Well, ya learn somthin every day.

Comment

For 700 more you could have bought my set lol
                3~ Tudor's & 1~ Coupe
                Henry Ford said,

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Mitch
                  Snap on puller set for the Powertrain
                  by Mitch
                  This is a proffesional set which will pull hubs, any type of differential or trans bearing, sector worms, axle bearings on newer vehicles etc. unlimited uses for powertrain purposes. The extension rods screw into one another to make a longer length.
                  The part numbers are all pictured for easy reference.

There are cheaper similar set ups like this available, but your mileage may vary...
                  You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                  This gallery has 13 photos.
                  01-04-2018, 08:36 AM
                • DBaldwin
                  Feeler gauges
                  by DBaldwin
                  I’ve been using my dads feeler gauges that are probably 50 years old and they are no longer legible so I have to use calipers to find the right size. I thought I would buy a new set but the opinions are that they’re mostly foreign junk ( not to name any countries!) so is there a brand I should look at or clean up dads and etch new numbers which is the direction I’m heading....
                  01-01-2023, 11:41 AM
                • STEBS
                  Specialty tools...
                  by STEBS
                  So with working on these early models, like any other car/truck I work on daily, I find myself needing specialty tools that I end up investing in to have and use.

I've already been shopping around for a banjo hub puller, although I have ideas on modifying an extra pitman arm puller I have. But I've been looking into spring spreaders, which got me to thinking...

In doing the...
                  02-04-2020, 10:22 PM
                • Thosd
                  Buying tools that don't get used
                  by Thosd
                  In the past year I have been getting to know my '30 coupe by fixing and rebuilding worn out stuff. All of the experiences have been first time events as this is the first Model A for me. As I try to plan for each activity I buy unique tools that I think I will need. Some of these tools have been a waste of money or just plain useless. Some of the more memorable tools:
                  1. kingpin bushing reamer....
                  07-24-2022, 02:13 PM
                • JKY
                  Tools
                  by JKY
                  I know this is like the oil type threads, everyone has their favorite, but I just got a new tool, a 3/8 inch snubby with a hole for a breaker bar. Came from Nepros in Japan. Expensive! But damn, is it nice. Smooth movement, 90 teeth gears, finish is perfect. If it wasn't so heavy I'd wear it around my neck, it's that nice. Pictures to come.

I know Snap On is some of the best, but they...
                  01-18-2021, 02:57 PM
                • Mickey
                  Need a recommendation
                  by Mickey
                  Can anyone recommend a half way decent SAE tap and die set. I do NOT want metric and don' mind paying for a good quality set.
                  03-30-2018, 01:52 PM
                • Tom Wesenberg
                  3.27 Ring and Pinion Warning
                  by Tom Wesenberg
                  For years I've suggested to go with the 3.27 ratio ring and pinion if you want to keep the engine RPM down and get a bit more speed. I did one for my friend's 31 about 15 years ago. With that and a 5.5 head his 31 is a nice driver.

I finally bought a used 3.27 for myself a couple weeks ago. This makes three of the 3.27 pinions I've seen in person, and all 3 don't fit the driveshaft correctly...
                  02-27-2021, 07:54 PM
                • ClaudeC
                  with Sears going bust, Craftesman tools too?, What is a good brand of tool
                  by ClaudeC
                  I tried to get a replacement for a broken craftsman ratchet, Loews won't replace..They sell only boxed sets. anyway maybe that is a sign of things to come. What is a good brand of tool? Snap on is just too expensive.
                  10-17-2018, 05:59 PM
                • DBaldwin
                  Tools
                  by DBaldwin
                  Having had years to collect more tools than my wife thinks I need, every now and then I come across the need for one I don’t own. Now that I have dived into the model A mania I’ve noticed a “need” for reamers. As a single use tool they’re quite expensive and their are multiple sizes in repairing the model A. Question is do I buy adjustable reamers? And if so what sizes? As I’ve noticed...
                  09-14-2020, 10:25 PM
                • Soapy
                  Inflationary Choices
                  by Soapy
                  There is no doubt that prices are up, but even so, when buying something like a 30-31 stoplight switch it is probably better to buy the good one, rather than skimp on the cheap ones which are available. It's the things we really don't need that can be a waste of money. For example, I always fill my gas tank using a couple of really good 5 gallon safety cans. I have been wondering whether the two filler...
                  08-12-2022, 04:06 PM
                Working...
                X