Please identify this flywheel housing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please identify this flywheel housing

Found this one on an engine that hasnt been touched in years...is it Ford? is it an early? or is it a repop from the era?
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Do you have a picture of the other side?
    3 ~ Tudor's
    Henry Ford said
    "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

I'd think it's Ford, as the ribs changed at least 4 times that I know of. I guess the draftsmen do that to keep busy.

Comment

It went from a quest to an exercise,its cracked..still wonder however..

Comment

• Tom Wesenberg
          Tom Wesenberg commented
          Editing a comment
          How bad is the crack? I wouldn't be surprised to find half the Model A's with at least a small crack in the housing. I think it would be OK, and the way we drive today, it should outlive us. That said, I still look for no cracks, but they are getting hard to find.

• CM2
          CM2 commented
          Editing a comment
          I would say this one is bad,it shoots out from a bolt hole to a mount. I've got a few more I need to check for my build,I also have that crack repaired one.I'm more curious as to who made it and what it was used on..

• BILL WILLIAMSON
          BILL WILLIAMSON commented
          Editing a comment
          If it's CRACKED, it wouldn't even make a GOOD Garden Bell (DONK!)
          Dad Hearswellstillandpeeswellstill

Related Topics

Collapse

• bosticjb
        FLYWHEEL HOUSING
        by bosticjb
        Has anyone had their flywheel housing resurfaced to make sure it's true
        11-13-2020, 06:33 PM
      • Great Lakes Greg
        Flywheel run out
        by Great Lakes Greg
        I did a search on this subject and ran across theory that the shims were not necessarily needed between the top of the housing and the engine block, if a gasket was not used. I don't have a magnetic mount gauge to check the run out, so I was going to fab a fixed mount kind of tool and use a feeler gauge. I have kind of an idea for this in my head, that I can bolt this tool to the flywheel, and I could...
        05-17-2020, 04:23 PM
      • spencerj13
        Fly wheel housing
        by spencerj13
        My 1931 flywheel housing was cracked so I welded it. I can not get the flywheel to flywheel housing difference to less than .005. The greatest difference is .016. Do I need to replace the flywheel housing or is this measurement not extremely important? I have already have two shims in the top bolts....
        10-10-2020, 10:38 AM
      • old victoria
        flywheel
        by old victoria
        anyone running a v8 flywheel in there 4 cly. A?
        12-25-2019, 02:45 PM
      • JDupuis
        Painting the Flywheel housing
        by JDupuis
        Today I painted a flywheel housing for a motor I'm building.
        Thought I'd share, where I do and don't apply paint.
        The unpainted areas are for better grounding with our Positive 6v ground.
        Hope this helps.
        Jeff
        This gallery has 3 photos.
        06-01-2019, 02:48 PM
      • JDupuis
        Flywheel Housing Cracks
        by JDupuis
        Posted here is a typical flywheel housing that is cracked.
        I am posting this picture for the benefit of all.
        Remember to loosen the rear the rear mounting bolts when lifting the front of the engine, as this may be the result.
        I am editing this post....Very Important!.
        This cracking is also caused by “not” placing shims between the flywheel housing and the block, where the...
        10-02-2019, 12:24 PM
      • Tim Warren
        Engine-flywheel housing shims
        by Tim Warren
        I am FINALLY reinstalling my rebuilt engine. Engine in; drivetrain/tanny all in. There is no way to fit the shims that fit at the throttle linkage. The housings are totally mated. Suggestions? Thanks in advance.
        12-17-2018, 04:52 PM
      • OTTAWAED
        Flywheel Surface Depth
        by OTTAWAED
        What is the correct factory distance between the flywheel face and the clutch cover plate mounting surface. Brattons states 1.123 in in their catalogue. I measured 1.179 on an old flywheel which, of course may have been altered. Ed
        01-11-2019, 10:15 AM
      • greenhornet
        Hello and Float-a-motor
        by greenhornet
        Thank you for including me on this forum. I just bought a Model A roadster,a 1931 Deluxe and it has been 43 years since I owned one.I bought a 1930 roadster in 1964 at age 18 years old,first car ever bought on my own. I have a lot of work to do on this car,mechanically which I can do,actually more issues than I thought it was going to have. It has a cracked flywheel housing which I am looking for...
        09-28-2018, 05:36 PM
      • DaWizard
        Model A lightened flywheel profile.
        by DaWizard
        Ok, after doing an extensive site search, I have come up blank, so asking here.

I need some type of a drawing with dimensions to give to my machinist with the lightened flywheel profile. Everyone says "lighten the flywheel" but I can't find a drawing to dictate where and how much meat to remove.

Thrill me and produce me a picture I can copy and print for the machinist.
        02-09-2019, 11:05 PM
      Working...
      X