Fan belt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fan belt

I am trapped with one car in Florida (with my Les Andrews Red Book) and one in Georgia. I think that my question would be answered with the book. I am working on the one in Georgia and need to buy a fan belt. Can anyone tell me the size and if I can just get this at an auto parts store?

5L440 is the NAPA number
    just cross reference that
    gates is 3440
    https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...keywords=5l440

3 ~ Tudor's
    Henry Ford said
    "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      I have used th 5L440, as well as the Gates 600, I believe

Wow, amazingly fast response. I am just now leaving to NAPA to get the belt. Thanks Mitch.

Comment

If you have an alternator, get the belt with the internal "teeth" that let it curve around the small pulley better.
      Bill
      http://www.brauchauto.com/
      Eastern Connecticut

Comment

Thanks to you both. I have the original generator not an alternator. When I pulled the car out of the barn in TN it did not have a fan belt. I found that not one of the three close auto parts stores had one in stock so I ordered the Gates belt and will have it this afternoon. Thanks again. Also just pulled down a copy of the electrical diagram posted on the technical pages so I can sound out everything before starting up. Great to have that info on the site so I don't have to ask a question to determine. When all your reference books are in one state and you are in another, you realize how much you depended on them!

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• fred93
          Fan belt question
          by fred93
          I was detailing the engine compartment on a 29 Tudor that I have been restoring for a friend and I noticed that the fan belt was touching the lower radiator hose. I thought at first that the belt might be incorrect or old and stretched out. So I grabbed a new one off the shelf and it seems to be the same length (both belts have a "G 07" mark) . Can I buy a shorter belt somewhere?
          05-23-2020, 02:21 PM
        • Dennis
          Fan belt problems
          by Dennis
          Anybody run a fan belt that is not wrapped or a cogged belt. Mine developed a squeak that wasn't consistent with valve train noise nor crankshaft or rods.I have all three fan pulley, crankshaft, and alternator new with about 1500 miles on them. They look new. I never have had luck with the wrapped belts. Any suggestions?...
          08-06-2017, 12:20 AM
        • Bob C
          Fan Belt
          by Bob C
          I saw this on Ebay and I assume it is a reproduction or NORS??

Bob
          11-17-2019, 12:35 PM
        • Bill in NJ
          Fan Belt
          by Bill in NJ
          Is it possible to buy one from a local auto parts store ? Maybe a part # etc ? Thanks in advance !!
          05-13-2018, 01:08 PM
        • BILL WILLIAMSON
          EVOLUTION OF THE FAN BELT
          by BILL WILLIAMSON
          Thought we might talk about the change from the FLAT Model T belt, to the "V" type belt. START THINKING!!!
          07-10-2017, 01:49 PM
        • Fredski
          I need a fan belt 1930 A
          by Fredski
          im in Canada and have near by. Napa store . Anyone know the size ? Or part number?
          mine has separated for some reason ,only 1500 miles..on a new one from Brattons.

fredski
          09-01-2017, 02:18 PM
        • carolinamudwalker
          Fan belt problem
          by carolinamudwalker
          Im sure Repop was either in a wreak or the body was not put on correctly. My problem is I cannot change the fan belt unless I jack up the front of the motor quite a bit, then I have to tilt the radiator forward to get the belt off the fan. Must be that damn plastic fan, right Mitch? When jacking the front of the engine at the oil pan, what should I be loosening /undoing so not to cause problems?...
          04-10-2019, 10:39 AM
        • copgib
          Recommended Belt for use with alternator
          by copgib
          I have decided to change my generator or for a alternator on my 1930 Model A. My question is: What is the best belt to buy for my new alternator? Is one better than another? Thanks Hugh
          03-08-2019, 06:32 PM
        • Tom Wesenberg
          Thoughts on 1930 Blindback Sedan For Sale
          by Tom Wesenberg
          This car sure looks nice in the pictures. One thing I noticed right away is the belt riding a bit low in the pulleys. Normally the correct belt will ride higher in the aluminum fan. The seller mentions the belt slips at higher speed, and I'd try another belt.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/17363359667...MakeTrack=true...
          11-10-2018, 03:41 PM
        • davew
          Generator-water pump alignment
          by davew
          So, replaced radiator with new bergs, replaced water pump with Rupert extreme leak less, replaced 4 blade fan with new two blade fan. Hooked everything up, started car and noticed fan belt wobbleing on far side. Took a straight edge and it seems that the pulleys are about 1/8 or so out of alignment.. Didn't take the generator off just loosened it so assuming the fan pulley is the problem. It's on...
          08-05-2018, 06:52 PM
        Working...
        X