Steering Column

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steering Column

any info online with regards to Diagnosing/ disassembly/ rebuild of steering column and related parts? have books on order can't wait for Santa. 29 Gemma. 2 tooth I would think.

Between the red les book and this link you should be good...

the link is from the chassis tech forum
    https://www.vintagefordforum.com/for...m-gear-install
    3 ~ Tudor's
    Henry Ford said
    "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

• canadian
      canadian commented
      Editing a comment
      thats good info Mitch /Tom. what about basic disassembly of horn /light switches etc.

The SERVICE BULLETINS are excellent for the adjustments, but I don't recall if they covered rebuilding.

Comment

• Mitch
      Mitch commented
      Editing a comment
      the pics in my link above are from the SB'S... its mainly adjustments

Related Topics

Collapse

• Tom Wesenberg
    Factory Marking on Steering Column
    by Tom Wesenberg
    Yesterday was our club's spring tune up clinic, and one job was to pull the head on this very nice 1929 Tudor. The date code on the gas tank is 8-4-29. I noticed this marking on the bottom of the steering column. I don't recall ever seeing any markings on the steering column before.

05-12-2019, 03:45 PM
  • Bill CNC
    Steering Column Installation Question
    by Bill CNC
    Hey Folk's,

I have a question about the installation of the steering column over the steering shaft, ... Should I add a light smear of grease to the webbing in the upper column bushing or leave it dry?

Regards
    Bill
    10-02-2019, 12:03 PM
  • sunnyorm
    Steering Play
    by sunnyorm
    What is fairly "normal" play for a driver, with a 2 tooth steering, measured at the steering wheel?
    07-10-2018, 05:31 PM
  • thom
    early/late steering gear swap
    by thom
    Our "new" '28 Coupe of course has the seven tooth steering box, and although the steering doesn't feel unsafe, it doesn't feel quite like I want it to. I am going to learn how to do all the adjustments that can be done to what we have and see how it does. If we're not satisfied I would be interested in swapping in a two tooth Gemmer box and column. Can someone tell me if that is a direct,...
    10-03-2019, 12:40 AM
  • dronen5
    1947 ford pickup steering
    by dronen5
    Have play in steering while driving, everything seems to be tight as far as kingpin and tie rod. The top of steering box does not have a screw in nut to adjust. How do you tighten steering box?
    07-07-2019, 10:12 PM
  • MANYHERRAMIENTAS
    Steering remove
    by MANYHERRAMIENTAS
    Hi , someone will have pictures of an extractor to remove the steering wheel from the ford A
    thanks...
    08-06-2019, 10:48 AM
  • Captndan
    Steering
    by Captndan
    I am going to install a Randy Gross steering conversion in my 31 Tudor as soon as it arrives. I know his instructions will be complete and understandable. If anyone has done this is there any special tricks or tips you can add. Thanks
    05-11-2017, 09:44 AM
  • Steve Plucker
    Restoring the EARLY 7-tooth Steering Column...
    by Steve Plucker
    For those of you who have restored the EARLY 7-tooth steering column, what did you do to prevent the column from leaking oil from around the Steering Worm Sector?

How I wish Ford would of put a greese zerk on the early column (but I won't).

Pluck
    03-16-2019, 02:17 PM
Working...
X