Restoration books...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restoration books...

Since I don't know what the body on a chassis looks like (fenders, aprons, welt, rubber blocks) I was wondering if there were any publications that show pictures of mounting all these items? I'm a picture guy and like detailed representations. '29 Roadster P/U. The Model A pickup book isn't cutting it. It doesn't have to be a pickup, once I see the whole concept I will be able to figure it out. Thanks!

Beauford, you need to get a live in Ole Timer. I've been looking, but there either drinking constantly or chasing women. Books are for the shelf, you should be doing something productive, multiple times over and over again, until you get it right . I put 2 starters together 3 times and still don't know if they work ! I'll probably take them apart again and put bushings and brushes in this time
    Model A's and of course the famous AA's

Comment

So Pat, what you are saying is keep [email protected]%&king with this thing! HAHAHA....I guess I will know if I got it right when I go 45mph and it stays all together!

Comment

• pAAt
        pAAt commented
        Editing a comment
        It sounds like your roadster is going to be a beautiful pickup !! All you need to do is get it running good enough to make it to Mitch's house. Then stay until it runs as it should ! ;) Pat

Mitch would be scratching his head looking at my project. Going..."poor boy must'a fell on his head at some point" LOL

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• dmdeaton
        Hauling Bodies in a Pickup
        by dmdeaton
        I know a tudor wont fit between wheel wells in a pickup bed. Just wondering if anyone has tried rigging one down in the back of a modern pickup truck? I am just thinking out loud since I am in the market for a body. I am trying to find on in my area, but keep running across deals across the states. I am trying to hold off till next Hershey.
        12-10-2017, 08:04 AM
      • George Miller
        Roadster pickup as found
        by George Miller
        this is a 29 roadster pickup. I bought a garage full of model A stuff it was sitting out side. There were more parts inside for it....
        12-04-2017, 08:39 AM
      • Fordfordora
        Model A Books
        by Fordfordora
        A few years ago I started converting all my Model A books, manuals, and information into a digital format. I have been scanning stuff into the computer and then creating a PowerPoint presentation for each book or article according to subject. I have several completed for my personal use.I find it saves a lot of wear and tear on my books ( which aren't always inexpensive to buy). If needed I can print...
        10-22-2018, 03:00 PM
      • Mikey
        Some expert advice please
        by Mikey
        I'm new to this forums thing and even newer to the Model A hobby (obsession). My father in law has his first car, a 29 roadster that he also learned how to drive in, he also has a 31 deluxe roadster that has been in in the barn since 64 ish that is in hundreds of parts. Do to personal and financial reasons he needed to unload the 31. To help him out, I found a buyer but when it came time, he would...
        01-16-2018, 01:40 PM
      • Jeff/Illinois
        Model A Wreckers
        by Jeff/Illinois
        Sure seems to be a lot of them showing up the last couple of years at the car auctions. Wonder if it's mainly the same guy doing these! This one coming up at the Monterrey Mecum sale.

I'm sure they used AA trucks for wrecker duty more than they would have a pickup. Pictures I've seen of Ford 'Service Cars' that the dealerships used were never a Model A they were set on the big wheelbase...
        07-23-2018, 01:57 PM
      • Beauford
        Need pictures or books
        by Beauford
        I don't know where to bolt these splash shields. I see a logical hole at the very end but at the front you have two holes for each tab that comes off frame that the shield matches perfectly. At this point I just have the shields on as the front fenders have not come in. Also, what is the big round whole in the top center in shield for? It over shoots the frame rail. It is very hard when vendors send...
        07-26-2017, 02:45 PM
      • Rob Patterson
        Your advice on what I should look for please?
        by Rob Patterson
        Hi,
        I've been a Model 'T'er for nearly 30 years.
        My wife and I have a very nice Canadian built '21 with an Australian built 3 door touring body on it, that we restored several years ago. Its been in our family since 1964....but that's another story. I am also nearing the completion of a 1915 T Speedster I've built from bits n pieces.....also another story, but at least now you'll get the...
        11-11-2018, 03:26 PM
      • carolinamudwalker
        If you have a pickup 'YOU MIGHT BE A REDNECK
        by carolinamudwalker
        09-03-2018, 01:18 PM
      • canadian
        CARTRUCK
        by canadian
        Only way to get a pickup up here in Canada is make your own.
        12-07-2017, 03:45 PM
      • Jeff/Illinois
        Mecum Auction Houston
        by Jeff/Illinois
        It IS nicer to watch live on the Internet vs. NBCHD TV. On TV they sell three cars and then cut to 8 minutes of commercials. Redundant ever repeating commercials. Not so with Watch Live. Commercial free.Plus there isn't all the bidder drama that the TV shows you, they don't have them displayed on TV. And the auctioneer is more pro-active on Watch Live. It's more about the car. Makes it more interesting....
        04-06-2018, 01:55 PM
      Working...
      X