Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Original Electric Wiper Needs Repair

Wimps need not apply. LOL
    Actually there might be some usable parts on this. I bought a powerhouse generator once that looked almost as bad, and I was able to save everything except the broken brush holder, brushes, and rear cover.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1928-1929-M....c100290.m3507

I am brave, but I think this one is gone. Best you could hope for is parts in the transmission being good enough to repair another wiper motor. Rod
    "Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good." Thomas Sowell

Comment

Evaporust to save the day!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rowdy View Post
        I am brave, but I think this one is gone. Best you could hope for is parts in the transmission being good enough to repair another wiper motor. Rod
        That's what I was thinking also. Might get lucky and save the base, or at least the brass ground strap.

Comment

FWIW:

I have a few original electric wipers that actually work ...... as well as a little bit better 1930's odd looking repo by some unknown manufacturer.

These old wipers appear very helpful as ornaments just in case one encounters an accident on a rainy day when you might probably avoid being charged by a jury with driving an 85+ year old Model A in the rain "without" a windshield wiper.

As mentioned often for safety, fresh "Rain-X" on a clean Model A windshield works great with the vintage wiper set on OFF.

I never tried an experimental "happy" dog standing on my Model A hood with a windshield wiper attached to his wagging tail; but I think this may be a noticeable improvement to my vintage electric wipers ...... but the jury would not find this acceptable to be driving "without" a Model A windshield wiper.

Hope this helps someone to maybe consider installing a vintage Model A windshield ornament to help avoid jury conviction for risking driving in the rain without this vintage windshield ornament.
          Last edited by H. L. Chauvin; 12-20-2017, 04:23 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

The Heinze electric wiper on my very early '29 Tudor worked good. Car was originally from Wisconsin must not have driven it in the rain much!

Comment

• Rowdy
              Rowdy commented
              Editing a comment
              The Heinze wiper I have that still has about 70% original paint seems to be strong. The OD wipers I have had in the past did not seem as strong. Time will tell as I am a longs ways from having the opportunity to drive in the rain. Rod

Related Topics

Collapse

• rheacox
            Original electric wiper repair
            by rheacox
            Looking for someone that does repair work on original Model A electric wipers. Mine works well for the most part but there is some notchyness in the transmission. Most of the time it only swings the blade about halfway through its range of motion. Not entirely sure what model mine is, I think it's a Heinze HA-C2.

On the other hand, if someone has good instructions on getting the gearbox...
            06-19-2019, 11:45 AM
          • Bill Cilker
            Wiper cover repair
            by Bill Cilker
            What is the best way to repair this OD-C3 wiper pot metal cover? I do not have the missing parts. This is used on my July 1930 standard coupe. I need to repair both sides.
            10-12-2020, 06:57 PM
          • aok
            windshield wiper Vac Vs electric
            by aok
            I have read a number of posts on windshield wipers and realize everyone has a opinion but
            I am considering going to electric wipers, looking at the nu-rex .
            Anyone have the nu-rex or basically any other electric and are unhappy enough to go back to Vacuum wipers.
            Thanks...
            03-09-2020, 12:04 PM
          • rheacox
            Model A Electric Wiper on Ebay
            by rheacox
            Check out this wiper motor on ebay. Looks like it's for a Model A but more interesting is the farmer fix wiper arm....
            These numbers do NOT refer to quantity in any way. Unsure if it works.
            06-13-2019, 02:28 PM
          • Poor Boy
            Vacuum wiper motors
            by Poor Boy
            i picked up a couple of wiper motors at Hershey, which got me trying to get a few to work. Out of six, I was able to get two to work. One really well, and one sort of. The major problem is the main chamber where the paddle is located. The early pot metal has developed pimples or blisters and is not smooth enough for the paddle to seal. Has anyone tried to repair this? If the spots were filled...
            10-14-2019, 07:07 PM
          • Jamey E
            Wiper Motor
            by Jamey E
            Can someone fill me in on what we have? For our wiper assembly there is a thumb lever to work the wiper back & forth, but there is also a thumb switch. I found a toggle switch hidden under the dash that sends power to the thumb switch, but there must be something wrong with the wiper motor. Is this something that is rebuildable or does it just need replaced?? Thanks...
            06-04-2019, 11:23 PM
          • dmdeaton
            Windshield Wipers
            by dmdeaton
            The roadster has a thin piece of wire holding the wiper arm up. Vacuum motor, good looking housing, I assume original. I guess this might be something I piddle with soon. Do the wipers work ok when all is well, or just rainx the glass and go on? What is everyone doing?
            08-23-2018, 09:25 PM
          • davew
            1930 coupe electric wipersy
            by davew
            Recently purchased my first A and it has some issues one is the wipers do not work. These may be aftermarket. Any wiring diagrams for electric wipers out there?
            11-30-2017, 09:13 PM
          • Superhart
            Need Photos of Vacuum Wiper Routing
            by Superhart
            I am a new Model A street rod owner converting my 1930 Model A coupe that arrived with a hand operated windshield wiper to a vacuum operated system using an original Trico KCX-1 unit. I would like to see photos if possible of how the vacuum tubing is routed from the wiper unit along the windshield and down the side post to under the dash. I just want to know what I am doing before I break out the...
            12-08-2019, 04:01 PM
          • jonn56
            Wiper Motor Help
            by jonn56
            Hello All,

New member here. My father passed away, so his 1956 F100 Panel Truck now lives in my shop. I found a box of new parts, when cleaning out his garage, so I wanted to start putting them on the truck. The first thing I started to tackle was installing new wiper arms and blades.

I discovered that he had disconnected the linkage arm from the motor that goes to the passenger...
            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
            This gallery has 1 photos.
            04-09-2020, 10:36 AM
          Working...
          X