wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wheels

just wondering if anybody used a modern style wheel on a Model A and if so what rims or bolt pattern did you use? not to use on street but for moving and storage.

Ford pickup from 1928 to at least the 1980's is the same bolt pattern. A spacer may be needed.
    Bill
    http://www.brauchauto.com/
    Eastern Connecticut

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Russ/40
      Bolt pattern
      by Russ/40
      Have any of you folks out there tried redrilling Early Ford V8 hubs for the 5 on 4.5 bolt pattern?
      04-06-2018, 06:24 PM
    • KB9JLO
      Wheels
      by KB9JLO
      I tried searching for an answer but really couldn't find anything.

I think the bolt circle is 5 x 5.5" - and I know that may later model wheels will fit on a Model A. Like 32, I think it's 35-36 and so on. But what about just plain steel wheels?
      What sorts of sizes are available? I mean 15", 16" or other?
      At some point would like to have wider tires and maybe...
      06-27-2019, 04:29 PM
    • Nelson C
      Model A Ford Wheels Compared to Earlier Ford Wheels
      by Nelson C
      It's my understanding that the welded steel spoke forged Model A Ford wheel design is far superior for automotive use than either the wood spoke auto wheel or the bicycle spoke auto wheel. I've read that compression and tension figure in to the wheel design. Are there any articles that explain or can you explain why the Model A Ford type wheel is so excellent in comparison to wood spoke and bicycle...
      02-12-2019, 10:14 AM
    • Hoogah
      Wheely good wheels
      by Hoogah
      Some Model A wheels are coming up for sale near me. I think a couple of spares would be handy, and might put in a bid, but don't want to cart home junk either! What criteria should I use to assess the value of wheels in this condition or similar?
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 4 photos.
      01-29-2019, 07:40 PM
    • sunnyorm
      I should know this
      by sunnyorm
      Will 1930 rims fit '28/29 hubs; i.e. are all years Model A the same rim holes measurement?
      07-14-2018, 11:18 AM
    • Curly
      How to know if wheels (rims) are good?
      by Curly
      I am trying to put 5 good 19 inch wheels together for powder coating. How does one determine if the wheels are good? Any tell tale things to look for?

i thought I would put them on and spin them to check for straightness, but I don’t know how accurate this might be. I will also check each individual spoke.

Thanks in advance....
      11-14-2017, 10:36 PM
    • Mickey
      Tacoma Cream wheels
      by Mickey
      Got the wheels back today and the tires mounted. The color on the single wheel is a little washed out in the picture. Thanks Mitch for the wheels. Still need to get up there and pick up the spare wheel.
      This gallery has 2 photos.
      09-30-2019, 01:18 PM
    • canadian
      Modern wheel
      by canadian
      Any suggestions on using a modern wheel for 50 kilometer trip and storage? I think i asked this before but brain a little soft on one side. 29 Model A.
      11-25-2019, 02:12 PM
    • Gary Karr
      21" wheels without rolled rim edge
      by Gary Karr
      I was out walking this morning in Petropolis, Brazil and saw a wagon with Model A and T 21" wheels. The 21" wheels do not have a rolled edge as our 21" wheels but the edges like our 19" wheels. Where these for South American production and possibly Australia as well?
      This gallery has 1 photos.
      01-08-2020, 05:58 PM
    • krasnejv
      1955 Ford Customline Wheel Dimensions
      by krasnejv
      Since I got my power brake booster to work correctly, I am now looking into adding a front drum-to disc conversion in the future. The car currently has 14" wheels, and since there are no 14" wheel disc brake conversions for this car, I am going to change to 15" as an upgrade. I would like to go to 5-spoke chrome wheels. As I looked into them, I soon realized that there are quite a number...
      07-26-2020, 01:19 PM
    Working...
    X