My second Model A in 1970 Northern Mich at my Farm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My second Model A in 1970 Northern Mich at my Farm

I can not find the Finished pictures. 554 1930 Model A 1970.jpgIt was painted Ford Maroon

I hope I'm not over doing this, showing all the cars.

Comment

Not at all we like pics... You could have also posted them to one thread... i can merge them for you if you wish... your call
      3 ~ Tudor's
      Henry Ford said
      "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

• Mitch
        Mitch commented
        Editing a comment
        You sure were lucky to have some real nice cars throughout the years

• George Miller
        George Miller commented
        Editing a comment
        That would be fine with me. I still have a couple more A's that I have pictures of.
        The rest are different names, essex, dodge, chev, vette, Ersken

• George Miller
        George Miller commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes I have been lucky, and my Wife goes along with it. I still have original Town sedan picture. It was original car with 85,000 miles that I painted and had the interior done by one of the best. The engine only needed a valve job. it Ended up very nice.

• Mitch
        Mitch commented
        Editing a comment
        There was to many threads to merge!

28 special coupe.JPG My first A I think 60 dollars at the junk yard 1960
      I had done some work new top and primer. It is a special coupe. i did not know how few there were at that time.

Comment

• Dennis
        Dennis commented
        Editing a comment
        $60.00 That makes me want to lay down and cry. Those deals are long gone.

I remember Model As in the 60s, the ones people were still driving had a neat look, lots of use I guess. Our mail carrier delivered much of the time in a black sedan of some kind. I have a 30 tudor that I have not restored as it has that look, metal top and V8 wheels.

Comment

• CarlG
        CarlG commented
        Editing a comment
        My Dad worked for the Post Office in Phoenix part-time in the early 60's. He would often "borrow" my '31 Fordor to do his route. Said that it was easier than his '50 Ford that he would otherwise use.

• Jeff/Illinois
        Jeff/Illinois commented
        Editing a comment
        Funny you mention that, the rural carrier in my town was using a '30 Tudor as a mail route car from soon after the end of the War up thru the late 50's. That is one of the hardest things you can do to a vehicle.

He sold it to another guy in town who stored it up until the late 70's then he had the car totally restored. It is still around today. Looks great!

Boy George, if you moved from the Upper Peninsula to NC, your certainly exchanged one type of winter for a very different winter!

Comment

Yes it took a while to get use to the heat. It was always to warm at work. But now I like the heat better than the cold.
        It is Northern Mich it still is in the lower part. About a 100 miles south of the UP

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Mitch
          Where else did the stash get hidden?
          by Mitch
          02-19-2020, 03:22 PM
        • Tom Wesenberg
          Model A Club Visits the Vets Home
          by Tom Wesenberg
          Yesterday our Model A club was invited to visit the Vet's home to display our cars. I drove my 1950 Studebaker, as my Model A is buried in the garage at the moment. There was only 4 of use from the club, plus my friend with his just purchased 1939 Ford Deluxe. I was surprised that there wasn't a better turnout, but many may have been gone for the holiday weekend. Here's a picture of the hand crank...
          09-01-2019, 11:36 AM
        • Rob Patterson
          Reminiscing again
          by Rob Patterson
          This Self Isolating has given me plenty of time in which to do very little. Today I was looking through my photo files, which brought back so many fabulous memories.
          Probably the best one was on the day I drove a Model T on the roads for the first time ever. 4/12/2004. I had driven one once before, a 1914 touring, but only around a paddock/field for a few minutes.
          This particular day was...
          03-28-2020, 09:51 PM
        • Afordman31
          Barn Find Article!
          by Afordman31
          He sure had the love for cars!

https://www.hagerty.com/articles-vid...28_HagertyNews
          12-07-2018, 09:34 AM
        • Rob Patterson
          Your advice on what I should look for please?
          by Rob Patterson
          Hi,
          I've been a Model 'T'er for nearly 30 years.
          My wife and I have a very nice Canadian built '21 with an Australian built 3 door touring body on it, that we restored several years ago. Its been in our family since 1964....but that's another story. I am also nearing the completion of a 1915 T Speedster I've built from bits n pieces.....also another story, but at least now you'll get the...
          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 3 photos.
          11-11-2018, 04:26 PM
        • Keith True
          28-9 folding stanchions
          by Keith True
          I have a pair of 28-29 aluminum folding stanchions.i have somebody interested in them,but he wants to know who made them.I told him that if they made good and poor ones,these would be the poor.He still wants to know the maker.I thought somebody here might recognize them.All my cars are 30-31,so I am going to weed out all the 28-29 stuff.I also have a nice shell I would like to ID as original,I will...
          01-16-2019, 10:06 PM
        • Larry Jenkins
          Chicken or the egg?
          by Larry Jenkins
          While perusing some images of old cars in the Model A era, I see there are many that look like our 30-31 Model As. Question:

What are your thoughts about whether or not all some of the old cars from this period were copies of the Model A, OR, was the Model A a copy on another old car of that same period?

I seem to recall that Edsel Ford also did the design work on the 30/31s....
          01-19-2020, 12:31 AM
        • Mitch
          Post a picture of your A
          by Mitch

Lucy & Paul
          Lucy is ford maroon and Paul is medium ford maroon
          Both are frame off nut & bolt restorations...
          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 2 photos.
          05-08-2017, 01:09 PM
        • Jordan
          My new Model A, Jethro
          by Jordan
          A few months ago I posted a thread saying I was thinking of buying another car, and it was a rusty but solid car. I chose to not buy the car because of tax season and uncertainty. I have always wanted a "rusty" car that I could use for touring. That was because of a car I saw when I was very young at the 2001 Texas Tour in College Station. The car's name was Jethro.

I often...
          06-26-2019, 10:30 AM
        • H. L. Chauvin
          Electric Cars 1870's -- Prior to Gas Engines
          by H. L. Chauvin
          A few years ago one of my family members died and we were going through our family estate colonial historical documents in our ancient land grant estate house.

We found a later 1905 dated post card written to my grandfather from his Godchild who was studying to become Priest at the Marist Seminary in Maryland.

He described how the night before, his seminary student friend...
          12-01-2018, 03:11 AM
        Working...
        X